Where do very attractive women hide?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ardour said:
Okay ignoring the douchey adjective - women are avoiding social situations with the likes of you and me out of a neurotic fear of unwanted attention.

They're with an exclusive group of guy friends who have good bone structures, dress hipster and have fascinating creative (pretentious) sides to them, raising said guys above the banal creepy mass that is the majority of men.

Not so much this, although I suppose some of this is on-target.

It's about having confidence. If you were to join the Cult of Confidence--basically start selling your best qualities like a salesman, pretend you have no deficiencies by acting, express a positive attitude most of the time, go with the flow--I can almost guarantee your luck would change.

At the same time, I can understand why someone would not want to join that Cult... hell, I haven't and I keep resisting. It feels fake and misleading for me. But maybe it's also that it is too difficult to join, because it requires social finesse that I've never possessed.

There needs to be a reasonable opportunity to express yourself in order to project confidence and positivity, something a particularly unattractive man often lacks since he's seen as a potentially bothersome deviant right from word go.

Second, if you're successful, what happens when you can't fake it any more? What use are relationships if a large part of your humanity has to be hidden from view.

Walley said:
^^ lol
what I find funny, is the amount of times I see guys repeating the old cliché that girls only gravitate towards the "classic good looking" guys.
but you know.. that isn't really what it's all about!
I've known great looking guys that girls crossed the street to avoid, and I've known guys that are far from the standard "good looking" guy yet are popular and can attract plenty of girls.
I know its hard to put a finger on it, but it truly is more about attitude and personality than anything else.

so to respond to the OP here, the attractive women are hiding in plain sight waiting for you to get their attention in a positive way.

using looks is an easy excuse, something to blame.

'I can't meet a woman because I am ugly' - so easy to say. It's not that easy to admit you haven't got a great personality or attitude.

Triple Bogey said:

'I can't meet a woman because I am ugly' - so easy to say. It's not that easy to admit you haven't got a great personality or attitude.

Sure, it's easy to blame it all on appearance.

It would be nice to have the option to articulate a personality first though, then blame ourselves and work on it if we find we're lacking here. But I'm not going to blame myself when I never got to be myself.

It isn't possible to gauge what you might be doing wrong when women are so paranoid that they avoid you altogether. I mostly get the impression that they're not interested in anything that's being said, rather what's going through their minds is "how do I politely remove myself from this situation" etc. a very superficial participation in the conversation, awkward smiles, glazed expressions; this is what ugly men like us are used to seeing

ardour said:
Triple Bogey said:

Sure, it's easy to blame it all on appearance.

It would be nice to have the option to articulate a personality first though, then blame ourselves and work on it if we find we're lacking here. But I'm not going to blame myself when I never got to be myself.

It isn't possible to gauge what you might be doing wrong when women are so paranoid that they avoid you altogether. I mostly get the impression that they're not interested in anything that's being said, rather what's going through their minds is "how do I politely remove myself from this situation" etc. a very superficial participation in the conversation, awkward smiles, glazed expressions; this is what ugly men like us are used to seeing.

I was good looking in my teens and early 20's. I never had any luck then.

In all honesty I think unless you actively dress up as Jimmy Saville, you're really overstating how paranoid women are when you speak to them. I don't feel threatened by guys who are (not wanting to be harsh but there's no real way of avoiding it) less than attractive - unless of course there's something threatening about their demeanour.

At the very least, could it be worth considering that your expectations are colouring the way you interact with women? I.E. you expect them to be paranoid, and that in turn makes you uncomfortable? If I'm talking to a stranger and he seems uncomfortable and/or fearful, that's going to affect me, if only because I'm worried that I'm the person making him that way.

Btw: not sure what the protocol is with bumping old threads, but this is an interesting topic... apologies if there's some sort of rule in place here.

Latest posts

Back