Hey, British guy here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Almajo88

Reaction score
I've been feeling pretty lonely recently so let's see how this goes.

I haven't really had any close friends since before my teens. Right now I'm 22 years of age. When I'm placed with people I don't really say much. I want to get to know people but I'm really paranoid and constantly worry what people think about me: that I'm ugly or have no personality. I'm scared of people rejecting me and often reject other people before they have a chance. I often worry that people are ignoring me and feel like I'm looking at the world through a window.

If this makes me sound like a basket case, then I probably am.

Oh, and to be specific, I'm from the Merseyside, near Liverpool.

Hey Almajo 88 welcome to the forum

meeting new people is hard, it takes guts to start a conversation with a stranger, but some people say a stranger is just a friend that you haven't met yet. If you see someone with a cool band t shirt give them a compliment maybe it can start up a conversation about music and such.

ah don't be so hard on yourself, I'm sure you look fine and there's so thing as having no personality, I'm sure you have likes and interests, use them to your advantage, try to find people with similar hobbies to do stuff with.

Everyone worries about rejection, I'm always worried my friends don't like me, and I feel like strangers don't want me to bother them

but that's not always true, many people can be just as lonely or lonelier than you, but they don't want other people to know.

I'm scared of people rejecting me and often reject other people before they have a chance.

ah that reminds me of an old evanescence song

" so afraid that someone will hate you, you pretend to hate them first"

Even though it can be scary, it's not the end of the world if someone rejects you, it hurts for a while, but you gotta move on

I'm sure there are people out there that would want to be firiends with you

:)

I could identify with a lot of that.
Welcome to the site. :)

no, i identify with that a lot as well. Feeling like you're supposed to observe life instead of participate in it. *hugs*

Welcome to ALL.

Latest posts

Back