Australian Open 2008

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lonely Boy from OZ

The official Australian Open 2008 thread

AO-Grand-Slam-Asia-Pacific8_000.jpg

070128_federer_vmed_10a.widec.jpg

Lets talk tennis guys :D

Now this is my kind of thread! :cool:

I can't believe Murray lost in the first round!!! I'm not really a huge fan, though, but it's kinda funny. So, Roddick's through to the 2nd round (YAY), Rafa is on his way there - he's up 2 sets and pretty certain to win the third - it's half past midnight in australia and they're still playing!! Poor lil rafa will be getting tired!!

The main man Roger Fed will take to the court tomorrow (in the night session) and number 3 seed, Novak Djokovic during the day. I can't wait to see Lleyton play.

On the womens side.. I'm not too sure, but I don't think there were any major upsets today.

I love the new blue courts.

A nice pic from Andy's first round match

7wf5a4z.jpg

..And an interesting one of Rafa! hehe
6y3lhu1.jpg

I'm not surprise at all that Murray went out lol. No offence but he's just slouch around the court by far the most boring tennis player I've ever seen in my life lmao. Overated though hes like number 9 in the world what a joke. Hes still a kid though, 20 but hes not gonna grow up to be like Federer :p

Ivan Ljubičić (17) of Croatia lost as well today

How awesome are the blue courts, classy as!!!:cool: But i still miss those green courts :(

GO FEDERER!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

roger-federer.jpg

Australian Open a place for Federer to kick Andy Roddick's Arse!! :p:p

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Australian Open a place for Federer to kick Andy Roddick's Arse!! :p:p

Hey now, take that back!!! I have a lot of faith in Mr.Roddick... I think this year might be his year!!!! Although, woowwwwwwwww Federer was on fire today... I saw him win the 2nd set, went to the kitchen (for about 5 seconds) and came back to see he'd already wrapped up the 3rd. AMAZING!

Hahhaha, you're right about murray, though. He's definitely slouchy that one.

Me too Im jealous Melbourne has such a large supply of sporting events whether its soccer, tennis, cricket and of course AFL.Not much is happening in Brisbane yet Lol :rolleyes:

But T.G ur close to Wimbledon so Im even more jealous of that lol :rolleyes:

A- Rod and the Fed X might meet in the Final, but even expect that to be a cakewalk final after last nights performance. Fed demolished Hartfield in 74 minutes 6-0, 6-3, 6-0

Next up on Feds list is Fabrice Santoro (France)

Santoro2.jpg

Oh no one is talking about the womens tennis!!

oh well I might just add that :DSharapova:D is playing Davenport tonight

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Oh no one is talking about the womens tennis!!

oh well I might just add that :DSharapova:D is playing Davenport tonight

Haha, no one is talking about any sort of tennis... apart from us!! Lol. Anyways, I was cheering for davenport!! Not a huge fan of maria.. I like ana ivanovic.

Rafa was AWESOME in his 2nd round.. as was Roddick. I'm hoping for a roddick/nadal quarter final. Hm, andy always loses his game against federer - roger can read his serve easily, so without that weapon, things are always that much harder for andy. Oh well, I believe in him!! :)

Oh, and the aussie open looks wayyy more fun than wimbledon.

Big match tommorow nite T.G its Baghdatis vs Safin.

Federer will be playing tommorow but that would be during the day session. I don't think I will be able to watch him play tommorow cause I'll be @ work :(:(:(

Anyways he should'nt have any trouble for tommorow's match.

Here's jst my prediction for Fed's road to the final. Just imagine if I get this right :p:p

3rd Round

Roger Federer Vs Fernando Verdasco

4rth Round

Roger Federer Vs Tomas Berdych

Quarter Final

Roger Federer Vs Fernando Gonzales (Replay of Aus Final 07)

Semi Final

Roger Federer Vs Novak Djokovic

Final

Roger Federer Vs Rafael Nadal

Whats your prediction for your favourite player Rafa??:p

I think its obvious too that Rafa and Rod will meet in the Quarters just by looking at the draw!!! The bottom half of the AO draw looks ridiculously easy compared to the top half where Federer is lmao.

Anyways i think whoever wins that Quarter Final would take on Federer in the Final.

P.S Andy won tonites match against Berrer of Germany :)

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Here's jst my prediction for Fed's road to the final. Just imagine if I get this right :p:p

3rd Round

Roger Federer Vs Fernando Verdasco

4th Round

Roger Federer Vs Tomas Berdych

Quarter Final

Roger Federer Vs Fernando Gonzales (Replay of Aus Final 07)

Semi Final

Roger Federer Vs Novak Djokovic

Final

Roger Federer Vs Rafael Nadal

Whats your prediction for your favourite player Rafa??:p

I agree with your prediction for Fed's road to the final, except I'm hoping that Hewitt will come through his quarter to meet him in the semi's. It could easily be David Nalbandian, though, and if that's the case, Fed may well lose!!

Here's my prediction for Rafa:

4th Round : Nadal vs Mathieu
Quarter Final: Nadal vs Roddick (my dream match up :p and I wouldn't want either to lose!!)
Semi Final : Nadal vs Davydenko (I hope it's Gasquet instead of davy, though)
Final : Nadal vs Federer

CHAMPION: MR. RAFAEL NADAL!!!!

89kgev5.jpg

Blue Sky said:
See that the Cops had to use pepper spray to contain some of the roudy spectators.

Yeah, I heard that. It's a shame when it gets a bit out of hand :/.

did you stay up for the Federer Vs Santoro match?

Results are Fed 6-1, 6-2, 6-0

And Hewitt Vs Istomin 7-6, 6-3, 5-7, 6-1

Lol my prediction was wrong, Feds nxt match is not against F. Verdasco but its Janko Tipsarevic.

Anyways my prediction should be right from 4th round and beyond.

Next for Federer's victim list Janko Tipsarevic :D:D

_41536268_janko416.jpg

Blue Sky said:
See that the Cops had to use pepper spray to contain some of the roudy spectators.

Yeah that was preety sad, there were innocent victims too :(

Lonely Boy from OZ said:
did you stay up for the Federer Vs Santoro match?

Results are Fed 6-1, 6-2, 6-0

And Hewitt Vs Istomin 7-6, 6-3, 5-7, 6-1

Lol my prediction was wrong, Feds nxt match is not against F. Verdasco but its Janko Tipsarevic.

Anyways my prediction should be right from 4th round and beyond.

Next for Federer's victim list Janko Tipsarevic :D:D

I honestly thought Santoro would have put up more of a fight. I have no idea how he is playing these days, but he usually causes problems for a lot of the big guys. I was quite surprised when I saw the result - nah, I don't usually stay up for Roger's matches! :p.

Ooooooooh Tipsarevic is one cool dude! I hope he beats Fed, or at least takes a set off him... or at least makes him break a sweat! Things are way too easy for him atm.

Ah, the time difference is so annoying. Rafa's 3rd on during the day tomorrow, so that'll be around 3/4am here :/.

Safin and Baghdatis are playing now - Baghdatis is up a break in the first set.

I'm glad Lleyton won. COME ONNNNNNN!!!!!!!
714zv68.jpg

tennisgirl said:
Lonely Boy from OZ said:
Big match tommorow nite T.G its Baghdatis vs Safin.

5 set thriller!!

Watch the first set but fell asleep right through the match, when I woke up it was all over :(

That means Baghdatis is taking on Hewitt on Saturday!!! :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back