Sooo, there's a snake in my car

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VanillaCreme said:
painter said:
What a funny thread. Though I'm not sure if I should be ashamed of people beating brilliant wild animals to death with pipes, as funny and badass as it does sound. I am from a place where we have no exciting wild animals though, so I don't know what the norm is where you guys are. As long as they're not on the verge of extinction I guess. But, aren't there more humane methods to get rid of them? I mean, beating it with a pipe? Really?

Poor snakey :(

When a person freaks out, especially when they have a fear deeper than just wanting to rid of a snake and/or being with child, I'm pretty sure humane method doesn't really pop into mind. And if you don't really know about snakes, you have no idea which ones are poisonous - like most of the ones around here, which is why they get shot at all - and you have no idea if they'll strike. All you know is that it shouldn't be in or near your home.

I see your point though, but sometimes, it just doesn't come to mind.

Yes! Most of the snakes around my neck of the woods are poisonous. I also have 2 dogs out there, one who just had a litter of 5 puppies out there. Mommy instincts kicked in and I had to get rid of it. I have zero problems with killing snakes and spiders and such. If its threatening to me or my little crew at all, it's getting the pipe! :p

Shipster0958 said:
Yes! Most of the snakes around my neck of the woods are poisonous. I also have 2 dogs out there, one who just had a litter of 5 puppies out there. Mommy instincts kicked in and I had to get rid of it. I have zero problems with killing snakes and spiders and such. If its threatening to me or my little crew at all, it's getting the pipe! :p

I do not envy the poor soul that tries to brake into your house.

Energizer_Bunny_animated.gif

VanillaCreme said:
Is that what the solution is? I don't know if any of y'all had ever seen those infomercials that try to sell that 1001 pest aways book, but they say there's a special mixture to keep away spiders, and then they show someone with a spray bottle spraying above a mantle or something. Of course, they don't tell what the mixture is, but I'm sure it's available on the internet. Although, I personally wouldn't mind having the book.

Oh, no I was not aware there was a book about it, but that's a great idea. I got my info from an article that I read on a home improvement website. There's several natural 'fixes' in there, but definitely not 1001. :D

Haven't needed to try them yet, but if anyone gets good results, please come back and share!

Yeah, we also have dogs, one of which just had pups herself. But I think Pudge, our big black dog, can handle a snake on his own. I'd put him up against a bear, and know the bear would get a beat down.

Latest posts

Back