Xmas alone, New year homeless

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cumulus.james

Reaction score
Hi ALL and happy Christmas all. I just need to rant or express myself or something.

I am of course alone for Christmas. No cards, no presents no one to talk to. I am also looking at eviction in the new year so I have a future on the streets to look forward to. I am estranged from my family and I can't have friends. I can't have friends not just because I don't know how to make them but also because I feel like I am not worth knowing.

I hardly leave the flat and all that has been on tv is stuff about people being happy at Christmas. I feel trapped in my loneliness. I don't feel like I really exist the way most people do. I wonder what it might be like to have friends. I think about all the happy families at Christmas sitting round the table. I think I will never experience that. I look out my window and see couples. I wonder what that's like.

I feel like I am shutting down or something. It is feeling like the beginning of the end.

I hurt. All day everyday. Just loneliness.

So just using this board to try and say something of how I feel really. Maybe it makes me feel just a bit better to have got some thoughts out my head.

Sometimes you just have to let it out. Sorry this is happening to you. :(

I feel the same way you do. I don't want to leave my room, unless it is to get alcohol or weed.

It is terrible when nobody cares about you and you know it is because they can't (because of how you are).

I'm really sorry that you are feeling so low. This time of year can make our loneliness even more painful than usual. Lots of us on here would be happy to have you as a friend and also to send you a Christmas card. Where do you live? If you are near Liverpool, you could come with me to my friend's house on Christmas Day. I am usually alone over Christmas but this year a friend stepped in and asked me there and she would welcome you as well.
Re. eviction. You need practical help on dealing with this. Would your local council rehouse you? I remember in other posts you have written about having mental health problems so maybe you could get a place quickly on these grounds. It might be worth getting in touch with your GP and with the local council and social services.

Thanks. Not near Liverpool though. I can't believe that for a decade I could not find my way out of this desperate loneliness and things only ever get worse. I wonder what I could have done, why I could not care enough about myself to save myself.

It's good that you are going to your friends. Christmas alone is awful. But if I'm honest, I always felt alone even with my family.

I don't know what's available in the UK, but here there are places you can go if you are alone on Christmas. Soup kitchens are one place, but there are also a lot of "parties" popping up specifically for those that will be alone on Christmas.

The homelessness is a bit more serious, but there are places you can go for that too. Places where you can stay warm and get hot meals.

There are always options, you just have to look around a bit. You don't have to be alone if you don't want to be.

I don't know how to mix with people. But there really is not too much here in the UK with austerity and that. Being a man makes it worse perhaps? One feels pathetic and worthless.

Sorry to hear of your recent situation, I Hope that you can get through this and have a much better 2016.

If you need to chat about anything you are welcome to PM me.

Thanks but unfortunately 2016 is being set up to be the worst year of my life yet. I wish I could fix whatever it is that's wrong with me.

These are bad times. Not sure if I'll have a home next year either.

I keep trying to tell people, this is the only way eugenics can ever end, but humanity has chosen this - it's an easy choice for some people, even those who should know they'll be devoured too.

I don't have any practical advice, except to try not to get caught up in an even worse net.

there is no hope said:
I keep trying to tell people, this is the only way eugenics can ever end, but humanity has chosen this - it's an easy choice for some people, even those who should know they'll be devoured too.

You've been asked before to stop posting remarks like that. This is NOT the place for it.

cumulus.james said:
Hi ALL and happy Christmas all. I just need to rant or express myself or something.

I am of course alone for Christmas. No cards, no presents no one to talk to. I am also looking at eviction in the new year so I have a future on the streets to look forward to. I am estranged from my family and I can't have friends. I can't have friends not just because I don't know how to make them but also because I feel like I am not worth knowing.

I hardly leave the flat and all that has been on tv is stuff about people being happy at Christmas. I feel trapped in my loneliness. I don't feel like I really exist the way most people do. I wonder what it might be like to have friends. I think about all the happy families at Christmas sitting round the table. I think I will never experience that. I look out my window and see couples. I wonder what that's like.

I feel like I am shutting down or something. It is feeling like the beginning of the end.

I hurt. All day everyday. Just loneliness.

So just using this board to try and say something of how I feel really. Maybe it makes me feel just a bit better to have got some thoughts out my head.

It's like someone pantsed you and you've never pulled them back up so you keep tripping as you try to walk. Get your pants pulled back up, stop letting people pull them down.

This time of the year is very bad for those who feel lonely and forgotten. Christmas is always about love, togetherness, family, and it is shoved down our throats. The industry is very insensitive towards a growing lonely society closing themselves off with technology and social media. It would be nice to see more of a push to helping each other and being there for those who need it.

There has got to be some help out there for you somewhere, don't just give up, find it so you don't end up homeless.

Anyway, a happy Christmas to you too. Maybe there's a Christmas miracle left out there for you somewhere.

Yes it is the place, because for those facing homelessness, poverty, and extreme social deprivation, it is unavoidable and must be the start of anyone's understanding of the problem. These are indeed bad times to be alive.

I almost got caught up in a nightmare earlier this year because someone thought they were "helping" me - and that nightmare still has not completely passed. If I had forgotten why this world is such a nightmare, I could have easily wound up in a group home or prison, which I am sure would delight people sympathetic to eugenics. I almost certainly will lose what little I have that has been keeping me alive, again something that pleases believers in eugenics. Eugenics is the enemy - eugenics has always been the enemy. It is the same anywhere in the world, for all people who suffer at the hands of that corrupt religion. There are enough examples of this honeysuckle in America and in England, perhaps moreso in the latter thanks to austerity bullshit.

But hey, having several of my relatives killed or forcibly sterilized for the sake of eugenics isn't enough, right? My life being a miserable nightmare isn't enough, right? Of course not - nothing is ever enough for them, and the downtrodden cannot pretend it doesn't exist.

The reason I bring it up is so cumulus.james doesn't beat himself too much over something which won't change. It's not like someone can conform to a social movement which seeks their death, which has shown itself to violate human decency, the law, and basic logic whenever it needs to - and sadly it is that movement which rules the day, guiding the policies of almost every state in the world. It is very easy for a casual observer on the internet to say "durrr, ask the government for help", but in all likelihood that help has run dry due to cutbacks.
Having dealt with the state recently, it's abundantly clear that at least where I'm at, the state apparatus is doing everything they can to wage war on the impoverished (and misappropriating federal funds in the process - thanks Republicans!)

No this is not the place for you and your rants about Eugenics, you've been told not to spew that here. When you are told by a moderator not to do something it is not open for debate, you stop. So knock it off or the next time a ban will be issued.

what do you do with your time?

not trying to grill you or anything. but everyone is different and requires different outlets... I know we all have some addictive behaviors that only cockblock us from doing something we really want.

assess the situation but dont dwell on it either... just be aware of your mental state... how it feels like when you are writing in a journal compared to browsing the internet for example. and take it from there... We have more resources at our fingertips than we have ever had in history. you can do it.

there is no hope said:
Yes it is the place, because for those facing homelessness, poverty, and extreme social deprivation, it is unavoidable and must be the start of anyone's understanding of the problem. These are indeed bad times to be alive.

I almost got caught up in a nightmare earlier this year because someone thought they were "helping" me - and that nightmare still has not completely passed. If I had forgotten why this world is such a nightmare, I could have easily wound up in a group home or prison, which I am sure would delight people sympathetic to eugenics. I almost certainly will lose what little I have that has been keeping me alive, again something that pleases believers in eugenics. Eugenics is the enemy - eugenics has always been the enemy. It is the same anywhere in the world, for all people who suffer at the hands of that corrupt religion. There are enough examples of this honeysuckle in America and in England, perhaps moreso in the latter thanks to austerity bullshit.

But hey, having several of my relatives killed or forcibly sterilized for the sake of eugenics isn't enough, right? My life being a miserable nightmare isn't enough, right? Of course not - nothing is ever enough for them, and the downtrodden cannot pretend it doesn't exist.

The reason I bring it up is so cumulus.james doesn't beat himself too much over something which won't change. It's not like someone can conform to a social movement which seeks their death, which has shown itself to violate human decency, the law, and basic logic whenever it needs to - and sadly it is that movement which rules the day, guiding the policies of almost every state in the world. It is very easy for a casual observer on the internet to say "durrr, ask the government for help", but in all likelihood that help has run dry due to cutbacks.
Having dealt with the state recently, it's abundantly clear that at least where I'm at, the state apparatus is doing everything they can to wage war on the impoverished (and misappropriating federal funds in the process - thanks Republicans!)

Huh?

Latest posts

Back