Xmas alone, New year homeless

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OP have you heard of Crisis? I think they have centres around the UK. Your local citizens advice might have some information on them. I think they could be very helpful to you. They are experts are what you are going through have so much help not just with housing, but mental health, medical etc. Also on Christmas you would be with others, if that is what you wish.

I know making a step can be terrifying, but could these people understand that.

I wish you well.

Sci-Fi said:
No this is not the place for you and your rants about Eugenics, you've been told not to spew that here. When you are told by a moderator not to do something it is not open for debate, you stop. So knock it off or the next time a ban will be issued.

I'm confused - what has eugenics got to do with the price of fish? My dire and probably terminal situation and no doubt the reason most people are on here is as a result of Neo-Liberal Neo-Capitalism. These things gave rise to the frankly miserble life I have had, and the perma-trauma I am about to suffer. They also give rise to ISIS. These things are lovely if you are a CEO, Bankster, Slimey politician, silicon-valley fundamentalist. For the rest, it is a life scraping by, 1 piece of bad luck begats other pieces of bad luck. If you are so unfortunate as to have no one to rescue you, then a chain reaction is started.

My chain reaction started when I was 13. It is now reacing critical mass.

Or whatever.

[/quote]

Huh? Where did I say anything about fish. That response wasn't even to you.

And There Is No Hope, you were warned about posting that stuff on this forum.

This is sad news CJ. Xmas is a particularly lonely time for some of us, and it must be dreadful to be facing the new year homeless. The festive season magnifies the feeling of loneliness in a horrendous way - and the season gets longer and longer each year: I spotted decorations for sale during late summer! However, it will come and go, and life will return to normality once again. Would that we all lived closer and could do a Xmas lunch together though - wouldn't that be good?

I find this article to be quite illuminating.
https://zcomm.org/znetarticle/everyday-eugenics-by-betsy-hartmann/

13 seems to be a wretched year for many young men who get caught up in the vicious cycle you and I are familiar with. It certainly was the worst year of my life so far as my mood and real consequences. I might consider this year to be my worst in terms of real health, but maybe 5 years later I'll look back and think I had it really good - I didn't think I was doing well 6 years ago but in hindsight I was as close to a functional man as I've ever been, and might have had a way out then if I knew how to go about it.

I don't know what kind of benefits you get if any, and how self-employment at a really low subsistence level would affect that. Some benefits really punish you for having any sort of income, especially work income, but if you can find something that doesn't screw you over it might at least keep food in your stomach. It sounds like the problem is something worse from what I can gather... I've read that it's getting really bad in UKland, in many ways worse than America.
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/feb/28/man-starved-to-death-after-benefits-cut

cumulus.james said:
Sci-Fi said:
No this is not the place for you and your rants about Eugenics, you've been told not to spew that here. When you are told by a moderator not to do something it is not open for debate, you stop. So knock it off or the next time a ban will be issued.

I'm confused - what has eugenics got to do with the price of fish? My dire and probably terminal situation and no doubt the reason most people are on here is as a result of Neo-Liberal Neo-Capitalism. These things gave rise to the frankly miserble life I have had, and the perma-trauma I am about to suffer. They also give rise to ISIS. These things are lovely if you are a CEO, Bankster, Slimey politician, silicon-valley fundamentalist. For the rest, it is a life scraping by, 1 piece of bad luck begats other pieces of bad luck. If you are so unfortunate as to have no one to rescue you, then a chain reaction is started.

Or whatever.
[/quote]

[/quote]

cumulus.james said:
Sci-Fi said:

Or whatever.
[/quote]

Still drama in this place I see...

Came to see whats new...

Guess I'll go back to being lonely, alone... in psychological peace

xo (((((cumulus james)))))), Merry christmas. I will be thinking of you worried, and hoping that you find some option for housing.

ardour said:
Why are you being evicted?

Have you considered looking for work?

I have mental illness so I have been unable to work for a decade. I also left school at 14 and have no qualifications or work history.

Can you talk to your doctor about a referral to an agency, an agency where there are groups homes in which you could live? If you have a mental illness and are considered disabled, you would qualify.

cumulus.james said:
It doesn't work like that. Few homeless people are without poor mental health.

Why do you start these threads and reject everybody's advice ?
These people are trying to help you.

I am not rejecting "advice". This is neo-liberalism, all the advice in the world cannot affect things.I can will up all the positive thoughts imaginable. I cannot will up a place to live, no matter what positive stories I buy into. I am to be found a disgusting filthy tramp in a doorway in London soon. If I could think my way out of that I would. But I can't. So I die in the gutter with no friends and no family. Advice is good, but realistic solutions are lacking.

Perhaps there's something like this in your area?

From their website // shekinahmission (co.uk):

"Shekinah is a Devon based charity that provides opportunities for people in recovery. This may include recovery from homelessness, drug and alcohol issues, offending behaviours or mental ill health. We have a range of projects across a number of locations and we provide a safe space for people to develop their skills, regain their self-worth and go on to live independent and fulfilling lives"

They provide accommodation too. As well as a hostel for the homeless, I believe there are other houses/flats in the area where people live for longer periods of time (but this doesn't seem to be well advertised - I know about the other houses because I was looking at a property in the area and decided to find out who my neighbours would be).

I'm not downplaying the accommodation issue though. Even in the '80's it was hard to come by - I tried to get into a squat/commune but there was no room.

The housing issue is a huge problem.

I don't get it. Presumably you are on some sort of benefit. Can't you look for another flat, maybe outside London?

WHY are you being evicted? Perhaps there's a way to help from that end. To stop it from happening at all.

It's never over until you give up and I can almost guarantee that you have NOT looked at all the options and gave them a fair chance. I'm not saying that because it's you, I'm saying that because most people don't look at all the options when they are distressed and down on their luck.

cumulus.james said:
I am not rejecting "advice". This is neo-liberalism, all the advice in the world cannot affect things.I can will up all the positive thoughts imaginable. I cannot will up a place to live, no matter what positive stories I buy into. I am to be found a disgusting filthy tramp in a doorway in London soon. If I could think my way out of that I would. But I can't. So I die in the gutter with no friends and no family. Advice is good, but realistic solutions are lacking.

You are rejecting advice. All these good people are suggesting things to you, trying to help and you always have a negative answer. Why write a thread in the first place ? It's pointless.

Why is trying to express how you feel pointless? That is half the trouble with the world we do not see other people's emotions as legitimate.

What's the point of this board if people are not allowed to express thier feelings?

cumulus.james said:
Why is trying to express how you feel pointless? That is half the trouble with the world we do not see other people's emotions as legitimate.

What's the point of this board if people are not allowed to express thier feelings?

It's pointless because it doesn't seem to be helping you.
And everybody on this board wants to help you get better.

Pointless is maybe the wrong word. It's frustrating.

Latest posts

Back