Xmas alone, New year homeless

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But what is helpful is being able to vent when I'm feeling bad. If I can't do that here then where can I. Advice is good, but I'm not exactly an idiot. If there were ways to change things I would do so. For example it is very very hard for me to make friends because I have bipolar and social phobia and no self esteem. So people feel awkward around me and I am hard to get to know. There is not much to be done about my housing situation because the safety nets have all but gone in the UK. And if I am evicted then I am considered 'intentionally homeless' which means that I do not qualify for help with housing. I also know that I cannot survive on the streets.

cumulus.james said:
But what is helpful is being able to vent when I'm feeling bad. If I can't do that here then where can I. Advice is good, but I'm not exactly an idiot. If there were ways to change things I would do so. For example it is very very hard for me to make friends because I have bipolar and social phobia and no self esteem. So people feel awkward around me and I am hard to get to know. There is not much to be done about my housing situation because the safety nets have all but gone in the UK. And if I am evicted then I am considered 'intentionally homeless' which means that I do not qualify for help with housing. I also know that I cannot survive on the streets.

so everybody replying to this thread is basically wasting their time ?

I am looking for understanding that's all. If you can't understand that then you are wasting your time. Why respond just to be mean? I want to get across what it is like to have to live like this and have someone understand. You seem to sound like you might be more at home on 4chan. There's loads of suicidal people you can be mean As you like to on there.

If you don't want advice/replies, perhaps you should try posting these threads in the diary section where people can't reply?

I don't believe that you've tried everything you can. Yes, some of the things might be hard so you disregard them, but if you haven't attempted them and given them a fair chance you haven't tried everything you can.

cumulus.james my heart goes out to you. But everyone is right if you post and seemingly want advice but won't take it. Seems rather wasteful in my opinion. Please do not blame it on being Bi Polar. I am Bi Polar but with therapy and medication I have it under control. My life has been a chaotic mess with filled with abuse. But I put on my big gal panties and sought help. Was it easy no, it can be very hard and is really.

Now, I do not live in England but I am sure somewhere in that country, is a safety net. That helps everyone and does not leave out single men. You just have to look and reach out regardless of the outcome. I truly hope you do and get the help you need and deserve. Bright Blessings I will keep you in my thoughts.

I did not ask for advice. I am coming to the end of my life I just want someone to talk to. I spent my last christmas alone. Not one card, present or visitor. I have no numbers in my mobile. I get no calls or texts. I have no one to call or text. It is not possible to be more alone and isolated. All I know is this depression.

Why would you be considered 'intentionally homeless' if you are evicted? It wouldn't be your fault.

If you post a thread like this, you WILL get advice and replies. Doesn't matter if you want them or not, you WILL get them. If you don't want them, post in the diary section where replies are disabled.

cumulus.james said:
I spent my last christmas alone. Not one card, present or visitor.

That's odd, myself and a few others mentioned in the Christmas card exchange thread that if ANYONE wanted a card who wasn't listed in the group exchange that we were more than willing to send them to anyone who would PM us.

cumulus.james said:
But what is helpful is being able to vent when I'm feeling bad. If I can't do that here then where can I [...]

If that is what you want to do than by all means express how you are feeling, and believe me, I do know what a horrible time this is for you. However, we are not here in a professional capacity (and we each have our own problems) and cannot offer you (on the forums) valuable one-to-one time. I believe that our advice is currently not useful to you because you are in the grip of despair and unable to help yourself because of it. It will seem easier to you (at this point in time) to just give up all hope for the future. Therefore all the advice and help in the world will mean nothing to you until you are out of the deep depression that I feel you are in.

This is why I urge you to reach out to someone who can give you some regular time over the next few months where you can explore your thoughts and feelings. Even if you are made homeless you can still see a therapist or counsellor and it will give valuable structure to your time and sense of being. You can interact in a way not really possible here. If advice is not sought, I would suggest a psychotherapist, but if you decide to see a counsellor, I believe they do offer lifestyle and behavioural advice etc. And even if you have to put yourself down on a waiting list, I believe it would be worthwhile in the long-term.

I would be sad to see you go, so I truly hope you will survive this most lonely and despairing of times.

Are you on some sort of meds (not asking specifics, just yes or no)? How do you get your income for daily life if you can't work?

beautiful loser said:
cumulus.james said:

That's odd, myself and a few others mentioned in the Christmas card exchange thread that if ANYONE wanted a card who wasn't listed in the group exchange that we were more than willing to send them to anyone who would PM us.

Yeah, I totally would send a card to you, cumulus.james, with no need for you to send one back to me.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
beautiful loser said:
cumulus.james said:

Yeah, I totally would send a card to you, cumulus.james, with no need for you to send one back to me.

-Teresa

I would send you one too.

beautiful loser said:
cumulus.james said:

Is that so?

BeyondShy said:
beautiful loser said:
cumulus.james said:

Is that so?

Yes, Chuck's comment is right there on page 6 in the Christmas card thread.

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Yes, Chuck's comment is right there on page 6 in the Christmas card thread.

-Teresa

I am not even going to look. I'll take your word for it.

Latest posts

Back