Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The horrors of online dating
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...l-why.html
I'd like to think that these are just the worst examples of online dating, but then I remembered my own online dating history, haha. :S
No one can pull anyone back from anywhere. You save yourself or you remain unsaved.
(12-28-2015, 11:21 PM)lifestream Wrote: I'd like to think that these are just the worst examples of online dating, but then I remembered my own online dating history, haha. :S

Some women at work still tell me to join online dating sites.
They don't have a clue. Horrible places. I would rather be single all my life than suffer all that crap.
check out http://www.abadcaseofthedates.com
I even contributed with a few stories, back then when I was still dating

lots of crazy people out there
“If you judge people, you have no time to love them.”

“I'm fine. Well, I'm not fine - I'm here."
"Is there something wrong with that?"
"Absolutely.”

<a href=
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-D2d4joqp8cA/Tq...29alt2.png </a>
Ugh. Sometimes I think about trying online dating again but then I think no way.

Nice timing on this thread as I've heard that the period right after the holidays going up to Valentine's Day is the busiest for online dating sites. So there will be lots of ads on TV and the web in the coming weeks to sign up for a site.

I've heard a lot of sites send out fake messages to members to entice them to stay on the site or to "upgrade" their membership. "Pay more and you can view this (fake) message from a handsome man or beautiful woman."

It's tempting to join again until I remember the guy who had a fake picture on his profile, the guys who turned out to be married, the guys who made it clear they were only interested in jumping into bed and the profile or two that featured the guy dressed in drag (for Halloween, maybe? But why the hell would you put that photo on your profile?)

So yeah - no online dating for me! Smile

-Teresa
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world’s more full of weeping than you can understand.
-WB Yeats
Well that was an interesting read indeed. I did notice one glaring item in the first article TB posted. The men were bringing up the fact the women were large and not in a nice way. It always seems to be a factor. Of course being deceiving is not a good trait anyways and not being honest. But must they be described as 'One woman who’d refused to send me a photo was so big she had double bingo wings. She wore Crocs shoes and tatty old leggings that showed every bulge and bump.'

Think the writer could have, not chosen to put in such descriptions. Anyways not to derail thread just sad all round.

Never used one, nor would I ever use such a thing. But that is my choice alone. Blessed be and may those who do find someone that way, get truth and happiness..

ps .. Please do not take my observation and turn the thread into something else. It was just my opinion and thoughts. Thanks ^.^
'The spider's touch, how exquisitely fine! Feels at each thread, and lives along the line.'
Who the hell brings their kids on a date!?!

Well this won't put me off much, am still going to keep trying on pof for now. I know it's all against me, but there's lots of real women in my city.
(12-29-2015, 03:25 AM)SofiasMami Wrote: Ugh. Sometimes I think about trying online dating again but then I think no way.

Nice timing on this thread as I've heard that the period right after the holidays going up to Valentine's Day is the busiest for online dating sites. So there will be lots of ads on TV and the web in the coming weeks to sign up for a site.

I've heard a lot of sites send out fake messages to members to entice them to stay on the site or to "upgrade" their membership. "Pay more and you can view this (fake) message from a handsome man or beautiful woman."

It's tempting to join again until I remember the guy who had a fake picture on his profile, the guys who turned out to be married, the guys who made it clear they were only interested in jumping into bed and the profile or two that featured the guy dressed in drag (for Halloween, maybe? But why the hell would you put that photo on your profile?)

-Teresa

They send fake messages, winks and interest all the time.
I joined a few, left my profile blank, didn't put a photo on and got dozens of messages from all these women. The catch was I could only view the full messages if I paid my monthly fee. It's a con and that's why I hate them. Exploiting lonely people.

(12-29-2015, 03:49 AM)Arachne Wrote: Well that was an interesting read indeed. I did notice one glaring item in the first article TB posted. The men were bringing up the fact the women were large and not in a nice way. It always seems to be a factor. Of course being deceiving is not a good trait anyways and not being honest. But must they be described as 'One woman who’d refused to send me a photo was so big she had double bingo wings. She wore Crocs shoes and tatty old leggings that showed every bulge and bump.'

Think the writer could have, not chosen to put in such descriptions. Anyways not to derail thread just sad all round.

Never used one, nor would I ever use such a thing. But that is my choice alone. Blessed be and may those who do find someone that way, get truth and happiness..

ps .. Please do not take my observation and turn the thread into something else. It was just my opinion and thoughts. Thanks ^.^

I think it's an insight of how people really think. Those comments about large women were quite horrible.
(12-29-2015, 07:09 AM)Triple Bogey Wrote:
(12-29-2015, 03:25 AM)SofiasMami Wrote: Ugh. Sometimes I think about trying online dating again but then I think no way.

-Teresa

They send fake messages, winks and interest all the time.
I joined a few, left my profile blank, didn't put a photo on and got dozens of messages from all these women. The catch was I could only view the full messages if I paid my monthly fee. It's a con and that's why I hate them. Exploiting lonely people.

Yes! I signed up to Zoosk dating site & only had my name, age, and location...no photo, no "about me", nothing. I didn't use it at all & for months got winks, messages, and requests to chat every day! Such a scam but pretty funny making me THINK that guys would want to chat when there's no picture w/ a completely blank profile.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"There is no greater sorrow
than to recall our times of joy,
in wretchedness."
- Dante's Inferno
I've been on 4 major dating sites. I've only got one message. WTF! Club
Plenty of suggestions from the "love making algorithms" for users that no longer use the sites though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone else have this issue with online dating EmilyFoxSeaton 12 271 01-15-2017, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Northern Lights
  Bringing back what i lost or meeting people online? owmygod 5 301 01-05-2017, 07:20 PM
Last Post: owmygod
  Are You Your Real Self Online or Offline? SofiasMami 19 1,215 04-21-2016, 10:55 PM
Last Post: VentVentVent
  An online friend committed suicide LeaningIntoTheMuse 13 3,013 04-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: HoodedMonk
  Good online games w/ chat Batman55 2 645 07-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Batman55
  New Here: Freeloader Women On Dating Sites Riv 1 1,359 04-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Minus
Exclamation I was bullied online WallflowerGirl83 13 1,194 02-23-2014, 09:08 AM
Last Post: Goblin
  Online "pummeling" Batman55 16 1,467 09-18-2013, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Senamian
  Dating sites - what I don't understand msbxa 74 6,428 05-29-2013, 05:23 AM
Last Post: VanillaCreme
  Dating sites - What women look for LonelyInAtl 32 2,085 10-30-2012, 01:16 AM