Since I've posted here I feel even more lonly...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

afternoonlight

When you feel so lonely that you find yourself posting in a lonely people forums, asking gor a friend, and hardly gets any reply, then it makes you feel even more lonely.
If I can't find a friend here, then I'm really doomed... :-(

You have to give it more time to make friends. I don't think it is a case of wanting something and it happening immeadiately. You have to give people the chance to reply, not everyone uses the site daily.

Also you have to build up a rapport with people. Post in the forums, spend time in chat.

May I ask why you can't find this with your partner?

Aside from being patient, I'd like to point out that you haven't really given a lot of information about yourself. People could benefit from knowing more about you. Hobbies, what you do, etc etc. You have four threads on the forum, three of them are virtually identical and the fourth one is talking about how you aren't getting replies. You've posted in two threads that weren't yours.

Post more, talk to people, get a sense of others, don't just wait for them to come to you.

TheRealCallie said:
Aside from being patient, I'd like to point out that you haven't really given a lot of information about yourself. People could benefit from knowing more about you. Hobbies, what you do, etc etc. You have four threads on the forum, three of them are virtually identical and the fourth one is talking about how you aren't getting replies. You've posted in two threads that weren't yours.

Post more, talk to people, get a sense of others, don't just wait for them to come to you.
My details are in my profile.
And I dont understand why everyone here is hiding their age like it's a big secret (and their sex too). What's the point to hide it and not be honest? And say who you are? If I want to pm somene I can't know if they are 16 or 60... very strange for me, are their real people here or just fak identities who wants to fake their age when they talk to someone?

We are free to tell people, whom we are comfortable with, what we want to tell them. The vibe of your posts is "be there constantly" or it's a no go. That's kind of difficult to work with.

afternoonlight said:
And I dont understand why everyone here is hiding their age like it's a big secret (and their sex too). What's the point to hide it and not be honest? And say who you are? If I want to pm somene I can't know if they are 16 or 60... very strange for me, are their real people here or just fak identities who wants to fake their age when they talk to someone?

People don't have to disclose any information they're not comfortable with telling. In fact, we discourage members from posting private numbers, addresses, and other personal information, and they will typically be removed if we feel as though it's too private to be seen on a public forum.

But that's not to say that those who enjoy talking to someone can't tell anyone. They would just tell them in a more private setting. Quite a few members have met and are close and whatnot, and feel comfortable in telling their more personal details.

Yeah, sorry, but if you can't get to know me before finding out all that honeysuckle that doesn't really matter, then I don't feel you need to know me at all. Accept me as I am, not for what my birthdate and gender is.
Just because a person doesn't tell the world their personal information doesn't mean they aren't being honest.

And your profile doesn't say anything other than what all of your threads say. Tell us more about yourself. You seem pretty big on telling everyone everything and calling it being honest, so tell us more. What do you enjoy, what are your hobbies, what have you done in your life, etc etc etc

AmytheTemperamental said:
We are free to tell people, whom we are comfortable with, what we want to tell them. The vibe of your posts is "be there constantly" or it's a no go. That's kind of difficult to work with.

I knw, I might sounds kind of desperate, but it's only coz I am... I just feel so lonely and found this site as a last hope to talk to someone. Sorry for sounding so demanding/pathetic...
I guess I must get a grip on myself...

VanillaCreme said:
afternoonlight said:

People don't have to disclose any information they're not comfortable with telling. In fact, we discourage members from posting private numbers, addresses, and other personal information, and they will typically be removed if we feel as though it's too private to be seen on a public forum.

But that's not to say that those who enjoy talking to someone can't tell anyone. They would just tell them in a more private setting. Quite a few members have met and are close and whatnot, and feel comfortable in telling their more personal details.

Didn't ask for people to put their home adress, phone number and ID number, only sex and age, so you can know at least who you are talking to - a man or woman, a young boy/girl or someone older. Is it to much to ask?

TheRealCallie said:
Yeah, sorry, but if you can't get to know me before finding out all that honeysuckle that doesn't really matter, then I don't feel you need to know me at all. Accept me as I am, not for what my birthdate and gender is.
Just because a person doesn't tell the world their personal information doesn't mean they aren't being honest.

And your profile doesn't say anything other than what all of your threads say. Tell us more about yourself. You seem pretty big on telling everyone everything and calling it being honest, so tell us more. What do you enjoy, what are your hobbies, what have you done in your life, etc etc etc

I do accept everyone as they are, no matter age or sex. But at my age45, I don't want to find myself pm'ing to some teenage girl or boy without knowing and to be mistaken for some old pervert guy who is on the hunt for youngsters.
I think age and sex is a nasic for a site that wish to conect people who are lonely.
As for all the other details you asked, THIS are real more private one that can disclose who you are, so this is more for private chats...

afternoonlight said:
Didn't ask for people to put their home adress, phone number and ID number, only sex and age, so you can know at least who you are talking to - a man or woman, a young boy/girl or someone older. Is it to much to ask?

For some people, age and gender is too personal. So yes, for some, it is too much to ask with someone they don't know. But again, it's a personal thing. I don't really mind to tell people much of anything. Some people are not as relaxed though.

afternoonlight said:
AmytheTemperamental said:

I knw, I might sounds kind of desperate, but it's only coz I am... I just feel so lonely and found this site as a last hope to talk to someone. Sorry for sounding so demanding/pathetic...
I guess I must get a grip on myself...
On the other hand I am an old pervert guy but not actually on the hunt for youngsters ...I can empathise with your posts...I don't think this site or any other site is going to fill anyone's void but maybe it'll help a bit...why not rattle people's cages from time to time...you didn't get any replies but now you have : )

afternoonlight said:
I do accept everyone as they are, no matter age or sex. But at my age45, I don't want to find myself pm'ing to some teenage girl or boy without knowing and to be mistaken for some old pervert guy who is on the hunt for youngsters.
I think age and sex is a nasic for a site that wish to conect people who are lonely.
As for all the other details you asked, THIS are real more private one that can disclose who you are, so this is more for private chats...

So hobbies and interests are too personal, but age and gender is not? How does that work?

If you want more people to give you a chance, you are going to have to give up a little more information so they can know whether you are a good fit for them or not. Your age doesn't matter, your interests do. No one needs to know my age to get to know me. No one needs to know my gender to get to know me. I am ME, not a number, not a gender. Get to know ME.
However, by knowing that I game or that I enjoy cooking and photography, they'll get a better sense of who I am and whether or not my interests are in line with theirs.

As for the old pervert thing, do you generally go there before you know a person well? My advice there would be to hold off until you know them better and you are both comfortable.

TheRealCallie said:
afternoonlight said:

So hobbies and interests are too personal, but age and gender is not? How does that work?

If you want more people to give you a chance, you are going to have to give up a little more information so they can know whether you are a good fit for them or not. Your age doesn't matter, your interests do. No one needs to know my age to get to know me. No one needs to know my gender to get to know me. I am ME, not a number, not a gender. Get to know ME.
However, by knowing that I game or that I enjoy cooking and photography, they'll get a better sense of who I am and whether or not my interests are in line with theirs.

As for the old pervert thing, do you generally go there before you know a person well? My advice there would be to hold off until you know them better and you are both comfortable.
Maybe you could just lighten up...it's pretty off-putting to apply your personal codes of conduct to every poor sap that happens to wander onto the site...your a long time dead little of what any of us think is unlikely to resonate through the centuries and isn't as remotely important as you imagine it to be

sothatwasmylife said:
Maybe you could just lighten up...it's pretty off-putting to apply your personal codes of conduct to every poor sap that happens to wander onto the site...your a long time dead little of what any of us think is unlikely to resonate through the centuries and isn't as remotely important as you imagine it to be

Yes, this is SOOO much more helpful than what I said.
He asked a question, I gave him my opinion. Last I checked, I'm allowed to have my own opinion and I'm perfectly free to answer questions asked on the forum. :rolleyes:

sothatwasmylife said:
TheRealCallie said:
afternoonlight said:

Maybe you could hold off on your weird insults? There's nothing wrong with getting to know some one through their interests instead of demanding to know their age and sex right off the bat. Everyone has their own comfort level. And there's certainly no reason to get hostile about this conversation. smh.

Afternoonlight, 36F here, I'm not interested in sexchatting. However, if you'd like to talk about interests or vent about your day in the forums, I'm a pretty good listener and some one on here might have some decent advice for you. Probably not me though, I'm honeysuckle at advice. :D

/waaah! my picture is broken

kaetic said:
Afternoonlight, 36F here, I'm not interested in sexchatting. However, if you'd like to talk about interests or vent about your day in the forums, I'm a pretty good listener and some one on here might have some decent advice for you. Probably not me though, I'm honeysuckle at advice. :D

What are you wearing?

Disaffected said:
kaetic said:

What are you wearing?

A straight jacket. ;)

kaetic said:
Disaffected said:
kaetic said:

What are you wearing?

A straight jacket. ;)

And you can still type.. impressive.

Latest posts

Back