A Quick Hello. (New to the board).

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zevon

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

I am 52 years old and live in the UK. I was married for 15 years to a lady with mental health problems, we separated over 3 years ago, and are currently going through a divorce. I have been with my current partner for around 2 years but she has decided to call it a day. I sold the marital home, which had very little equity around 8 months ago and left the village where I lived for 16 years. I cannot afford to rent there, so I am forced with starting all over again, with very little support, and all I can see is endless loneliness. I was undergoing EMDR for very poor self esteem but cannot carry on due to the break up. 

I present as quite a funny happy soul, however I always feel that this is an act and top be honest I feel dead inside most of the time, my upbringing was geared towards pleasing others before self as such I get little/no pleasure out of life.

I am not sure what I want, I just wanted to talk. 

Thank you.

Hi Zevon! Quite the unfortunate recent history there, but whatever. The past is past, look towards the future!

How's your day been?! :)

Hi dokidoki, the future just appears awful to be honest, not sure I have the strength or desire to start again. My day has been lonely and very scary at times, but thank you for asking. ;-)

Zevon said:
Hi dokidoki, the future just appears awful to be honest, not sure I have the strength or desire to start again. My day has been lonely and very scary at times, but thank you for asking. ;-)

What do you meeean! You just join ALL, you're future is already looking beautiful! What are some of your hobbies or pass times : ) ?

I probably feel just a bit tender at the moment, so sorry. I enjoy some sports such as cycling and running but I may have to lose my bike as I am moving to an upstairs flat... I have friends that I drink with but no friends outside of the pub. I hope to do some camping in the spring if I can afford a tent.

Hello and welcome to ALL. Here you will find many folks like yourself. It is a friendly and safe community. Do hope you will stay.. Bright Blessings.. ^.^

Hello Zevon and welcom!

After all the hardship you've been through maybe having a change of scenery won't be such a bad thing, just hope you'll end up in a nice neighborhood. Try not to let is stress you out to much though! and yes I know that's easier said then done :)

I'll be seeing you around!

Thank you both, I know the area I am moving to and yes there are worse. Tonight is the last night in the house I share with my partner, I am then house sitting for a week and due to move in early December. I really liked who I was with my partner, first time I have really felt comfortable. Not sure who I will be without her, also scared of the need for alcohol to sleep...

Hi and welcome, Zevon.
Things will get better in time, this codependency will wash off and you`ll find your self-trust again. I`m sure of it. Be patient with yourself and don`t hesitate to share your feelings on the forum. :)

Welcome! :D I think you'll find something you like with time, and when you do, don't be afraid to go for it :p Hope you'll have a good time here ^_^

Welcome to the group.
Hey, Never give up.
Actually I think life is not about happiness or fullfillment. Its more of a struggle and how strong you are to face it all the time perhaps even happy people we think dont undergo any stress or trouble gets lonely or pressured in some ways. Its about how you deal with it and fight it. You wont believe how hard i have been through and still going through but I just fight and try to live every struggle. I guess in a way we are to blame as well. There were problably times before we got careless somehow. I have realized somehow my carelessness in the past that perhaps has lead me to where i am now. I only wish I could have been better and wiser.
But thats life.
Hey life is short lets just make the most of it while it last.

Cheer up.

Latest posts

Back