Letternet

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

An archist

Reaction score
If you're looking for an actual penpal the German post office has this really cool program that can hook you up with pen pals from all around the world. It's really great if you're not too good with the social skills cuz all you have to do is to go on their website, list what your interessts and those of your ideal penpal are and they'll send you a list of people in the mail who you might get along well with.

Here's the link https://www.letternet.de/

Since I registered there, the site has gotten a lot more flashy and a whole lot stupider looking, also a lot of the features on it seem to be exclusivly in German now, but if you just click the box that says 'friends' you can pick English and fill out their registration form.

From time to time they'll send you a little magazine about various topics and letter-writing, which is nice.

All this is free of charge, and I think it's a really great service for getting people in touch with eachother from around the world, so if you think you might be interessted, you should check it out.

This looks pretty interesting, but will it only get you penpals in Germany? I used to use interpals.net, they have thousands of members, and most of them will do snail-mail letters too.

Caesium said:
This looks pretty interesting, but will it only get you penpals in Germany? I used to use interpals.net, they have thousands of members, and most of them will do snail-mail letters too.

No, it there are like 500,000 members registered with letternet and they're from all around the globe not just in Germany. In the magazine I recieved from them a week ago there's a section where you can place for new penpals and there are people from Belarus, Sri Lanka, Cuba, etc.

Is interpals still online? It's listed in a Google search, but the website seems to be down...

I was able to pull up the site. I didn't try creating a password, but everything else seemed to be working.

Latest posts

Back