Things to do before you die

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnaert

Reaction score
Let's say I'm dying in a month's time, what do you suggest I do before I die. Anything you think is important, meaningful, a must?

It's interesting what people do when they think they're dying. Apparently during the Cuban missile crisis, people started having sex in supermarkets because they thought they would be dead the next day. I can imagine that being a source of real awkwardness later on. A terminally ill guy blew all his money in Vegas, just to be told by his doctor there'd been a mistake and he was perfectly healthy. I guess personally I'd try and do something I'd always wanted, like meeting Bob Dylan, and write something good enough to be remembered for.

yes i would want to hug Amy Lee, ah that would make me so happy :D

maybe play a song to an audiance

do something good for the world, and just feel good and content before the flatline,

by the way i'm sure this probably hypothetical,

but just in case,

you're not dying are you?!

do you need a Kidney? i have 2 pick 1

since i have zero goals or ambition, i'd probably just what i do everyday: get up at 7am, feed the cat, run to work in the rain, be spoken to like a piece of honeysuckle all day, come home and go to bed by 7pm because i'm so fatigued. (maybe talk to people on here for a bit) i l lead a pointless existence.

Having before been told that I had only months to live, I'm unfortunately and probably the most qualified person on this board to answer this question. xD

My answer is: do nothing you know you cannot finish. Tie up loose ends: tell people who you love that you love them; more importantly, tell people you hate that you hate them. Go for a walk and admire the fact that you've been infinitely lucky to have chanced upon any sort of consciousness -- for however short a time -- in this chaotic and indifferent reality. Draw comfort from the fact that 99.9% of all the species that have ever existed on this planet have gone and are now extinct, and that there have existed incalculably more lifeforms that have since perished than those lifeforms which draw breath today.

In short: Take comfort in the beautiful simplicity of the fact that you are, at the end of all this strutting and fretting upon the stage, shamelessly insignificant.

Arnaert said:
Let's say I'm dying in a month's time, what do you suggest I do before I die. Anything you think is important, meaningful, a must?

My Friend,

I do not know how to answer this question. I will, however, try anyway although my words will inevitably feel inadequate because the fact is-- I am not the one dying.

My Advice:

- Smile as much as you can
- appreciate and speak to those whom you love and care for
- Leave as few regrets as possible
- Apologize to those you have wronged for closure

Those are the most important things I can think of.

-SophiaGrace

If I was going to die in a month the one thing I would definately strive for is a bare knuckle fight against an opponent who is my superior in every respect. I would want to see how long my character could keep me in there before I fell.

Arnaert said:

Ah, I misread the stipulation of this thread, it's what YOU should do with a month's grace.
Blimey, almost impossible to say. With such little time, it might be worth making trying amends with any friends or family members that have become estranged (providing of course they are valuable enough to you to justify the effort involved).

OK I browsed your threads and this one got me really REALLY worried. Wherever you are, I hope you're OK. Remember that it's not you who is making you feel this way, it's your depression, like a bug that has crept into your brain in some sci fi movie and is controlling that person's actions.

Dance in the night rain
Go skinny dipping
Make an unusual tiered cake
Hold an art exhibition
Sing a duet on stage with my musical friend (who I havnt seen for 10 years now!) :(

I would spend my last day on the top of a high mountain, watching the people from above and listening to the sounds of nature, while writing my last condolences to my loved ones under the shadow of a tree.

Go to Electric Daisy Carnival
See my favorite trance artists
Have children (at least 2)
Try hallucinogenic drugs that won't kill me
Write an article that will get published
... and many more stuff.

Latest posts

Back