38 year old woman dies, no one finds her three years later

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In life we are all alone... no matter who stands next to us we all face death alone... or something. I guess I have a new goal... own a house... so when I die... it takes 5+ years to find me :p

Ive actually seen this film. very poignant. it does say a lot about modern western culture. but even in the film, the guy does say that the lady is an adult, and she made very conscious decisions that unfortunately led to the way of her demise.

i guess society is as much as you put in as well as what you take out of it

I have felt alienated and alone while I was living in USA, I have always wondered whether it's because I was not a local (so only I feel it) or it's just that the anglo-saxonic culture is inherently more alienated.

For the life of me, after years of living there, I am still not sure how dominant each of these factors was in my (relative) failure to connect to people there.

Just FYI this woman lived in the UK.

perfanoff said:
I have felt alienated and alone while I was living in USA, I have always wondered whether it's because I was not a local (so only I feel it) or it's just that the anglo-saxonic culture is inherently more alienated.

For the life of me, after years of living there, I am still not sure how dominant each of these factors was in my (relative) failure to connect to people there.

Abra~ I am planning on seeing the film but I would like your thoughts on what she did to create this for herself?

Wow... this is so sad. Sometimes I feel like I'll die alone. That's just how quiet I am. :(

But this is definately worth seeing! :)

HappyYogi said:
Just FYI this woman lived in the UK.

perfanoff said:

Abra~ I am planning on seeing the film but I would like your thoughts on what she did to create this for herself?

Believe me, UK and USA are pretty darn close culturally from where I stand.

I don't see how it is possible. If you don't pay bills they shut off utilities, if you don't pay rent / house tax, they come and take your home away.

I just read the thread title and laughed -as I'm absolutely petrified of that happening to me. It's so pathetic. I mean, when I'm dead I won't care, but still. OMG how embarrassing!!!!111

Latest posts

Back