A Good Book and a Good Movie to Recommend!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonelygirl

Hi everyone,

I just saw on DVD, "Pan's Labrynth." I LOVED it. It's a 'fairy tale for adults' according to one guy I talked to. It's a fantasy movie, but at the heart of it it's a story about a lonely little girl in a bleak situation. It's really good. Rent it and let me know what you think! PS Just a small warning, it's in Spanish with subtitles. So you have to really pay attention unless you habla Espanol. In any case, the story is so interesting, just sit close to the screen and you'll love it!

Also, just finished a book that I really loved, called "Never Eat Your Heart Out," by Judith Moore.

It's a memoir told through stories of food, eating, etc. There are some beautiful passages, some really touching stories, and at the root of the book is a lonely life. So many people can relate. You can buy it used online or check it out from a library.

I haven't seen it, but I heard it was rather gruesome. Is it very graphic, or just scary?

I saw it back when it was in theatres and loved it. And no, I wouldn't call it graphic and I wouldn't call it a horror film, per se. Like lonely girl said, it's really basically a fairy tale...albeit a dark fairy tale. But there's lots of hope and overall determination in the movie. There are some scary parts, yes...but I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys imaginative films or just a good drama.

Hi Elae,

The guy at the video store warned me that there were two violent scenes in it. Those were the only gross parts of the movie. I just looked away as I don't like seeing violence. But overall, it's not at all a horror movie and other than the two violent scenes there isn't much violence in it.

It's really worth seeing.

If you PM me I'll give you an idea where the violent scenese are if you want to fast forward those parts.

I recommend it to everyone!

Latest posts

Back