A little of what I've been up to...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke_S

Reaction score
Hey everyone, thought I'd come back to this great place cuz' im feelin' a bit off the rails at the mo!

Anyway, those of you that have read some of my previous stuff will know that I've been finding it hard to find out what path I really want to take from life, with what options to take and all that sorta stuff.
Anyway, I gave University a try and after a week I decided I wasnt happy with it, there was a lot of reasons but I don't feel I have the rights to ***** about it because theres many different approaches to Uni, and not just the *Waahhooo lets party and get wasted* mentality, so I will probably eventually go back to finish my degree as an older student, maybe having my own place and a job whilst I finish my studies.

Bummer is that we're in a recession so now I have to really work my ass off to get work and keep myself occupied. Its weird because I felt kinda lonely when I was here for the summer, and I still felt lonely at Uni, it's astonishing how you can be around so many people, yet it wouldn't make you feel any less lonely if you can't even find one person there you truly relate to.

Anyway, I'm lying in bed here now wondering how things will turn out for me, and how hard it will really be for me to get a job or just keep myself occupied around here. I sometimes get these horrible feelings in my gut that comes when I get anxious from thinking and worrying a lot, makes me feel kinda helpless, but anyway I know the responsabilities that would come if I decided not to go through with it, and I'm going to **** well uphold them.

I plan to eventually get a place with my girlfriend when I earn enough money, and do some travelling to which I've really been looking forward to. Thinking about this is what will help me through this tough time I'm in at the moment, but I really can't complain because at the end of the day I decided to take the risk, I decided I'd rather choose to be more happy but at the costs of the current risks there are. I beleive I can get through this if I'm truthfull to myself and others around me.

Peace x

Hi Luke,

There are certain big changes you encounter in life and this is one of them. You are right in your decision to go back to school and finish your studies.

Yes, choose to be happy and be brave for the challenges of the future which you'll encounter for it's a part of growing up. Don't worry, you're not the only one being confronted with these issues with your generation.

At the end of the day, you can always say you tried and took the risk, rather than playing it safe and worrying all throughout.

Try reading this article. http://www.innerzine.com/goal-setting/set-your-goals

Good luck,
Amy Twain
www.innerzine.com

Latest posts

Back