A Lonely Life BOOK?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something that everyone might want to consider here is a person's right to privacy. No one really has any legal right to use the content found here. People are not likely to want their words repeated in print, even though they use screen names. I personally don't want MY posts/threads/conversations used and I'm sure others will feel the same. This site gaurantees a certain amount of privacy - it's the very nature of the site. I think that this should be an issue that is considered before making any decisions. Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Aside from the privacy issue (I believe it to be an invasion of privacy) - I'm fairly sure it would also go against the user agreement.

Alright...so no posts/conversations from ALL, then...unless a member specifically wants, seeks, and agrees to allow a generalized facsimile or rewriting of their conversation/post into the book. I completely understand that...privacy is a big issue, especially on a forum of this nature. Haha and also I wouldn't want to go against the User Agreement (and I say that with no sarcasm whatsoever).

I think complete transparency would also be allowed in that everyone on the site (EVERYBODY) would be allowed to read the material once it's reached a near-finished stage...or something similar. I don't know. I just think that this would be a good thing to get going. Maybe not, though, I don't know...it's up to everyone else because if I'm mostly alone in this, then hell, I'll just write my own book. :p

----Steve

If you're absolutely convinced this is a good idea, you shouldn't even use people's real screen names. Also, verbatim conversations should be replaced with ones based only loosely on the ones here.

In fact, the whole thing should probably just be presented as a work of fiction.

Just a few opinions...don't know if it's constructive.

Oh no, it's definitely constructive...and thanks for the input, really! That does make a lot of sense and it leaves people's privacy intact...which is a good thing for this sort of site.

But it seems like not many people are interested in the idea. I think that in a couple of days if no one signs up to become involved, I'll just go ahead and PM a mod to close this thread.

But I'd like to give a huge thanks to everyone who offered advice/input about the book idea. So thanks, everyone! :D

----Steve

hey you know I was just thinking the other day

you know how there's some books, like have a small book, and it's just a bunch of pictures of kittens and cute little quotes to go alone with it

what if we made some compilations of maybe loney sad pics or pictures from the beautiful and epic picures thread along with artwork and photgraphy done by people here and we can put quotes like famous quotes and lyrics about loneliness and stuff as well of good witty quotes said by people here
stamp alonelylife.com on the coverpage- and you'll be seeing it at a barnes and noble near you :D

we could also do like a compilation of poems and short stories by all the people here like I know qui and a few other people have posted
a few chapters of some of their stuff

oh and if it's okay with qui we should so put her short story about the little octipus in it was soo cute :Dow to get a book published or something

but by the end of this semster I expect to be a black belt in bookbinding

so ya if you want any help let me know badjedidude throw me a pm about it you're more than welcome too

I've thought about alonelylife book before but i never really mentioned it''there are a lot of websites that have published books out there

like iamneurotic.com

darwin awards, passive aggresive notes

even fmlife has a book out

it could possibly be feesable,

and i love money

so you can use as many of my brillaint posts as you wish, so long as you use nothing more than my screenname and let me read over what you chose and stuff

so long as I get in on some of the profits

XD

and i'm not really know how as to h

That sounds like some good ideas.

The only problem I can think of is copyright protection problems with the pictures. If we used pictures, we'd have to get permission from the owners...which would honestly be quite a hassle. Lol you could handle it if you wanted. ^_^

But if you do know anyone who would like to contribute (qui, is it?)...send them to this thread! Have them look over the idea and post here so we can all work out the details of what sort of project would work and what wouldn't.

Thanks! :D

----Steve

SophiaGrace said:
CAS said:
Twitchy said:
CAS said:
Most of the people who use this site are tired, lonely, mixed up and angry.

The perfect recipe for a career in writing.

Add "alcoholic" and you've just described several of the most influential writers of the last 200 years.

lol I think youre just describing E.A. Poe xD

and maybe Jack London

Was Stephen King an alcoholic? i think he's recovered now...

:3

I wish Jack London had drunk himself dead before he wrote anything.

HEY, if any moderators are watching this thread, I think it's safe to say that the idea has pretty much fizzled. There's not a huge load of interest in it, so you can go ahead and close this thread if you wish.

I'd like to thank everyone for contributing ideas and thoughts about the idea...so thanks! :D

----Steve

I think if done right, it could be well. Probably most of it in diary form through the eyes of some members. It would be hard to pull off, but it could be done.

i think it's a good idea and if you'll decide to do it i would love to help :p

Hmmm...well, since a few people have expressed some interest in getting this going again, or at least looking into doing so....maybe I can re-open the idea.

SOOOOO...A Lonely Life Book. How about it? I don't know if I would want to be the #1 guy on it....but I think that if anyone is even partially interested, they should add their name to this list below, and we can go from there. Just add your name if you're interested in forming the idea, or if you want to help actually write/edit:

1. Steve (Badjedidude)

----Steve

Count me in Steve! :)

1. Steve (Badjedidude)
2. Estreen - proofreader/editor/partial writer

AM I in? I got my overginas, just dont go pulling them

1. Steve (Badjedidude)
3. NeverMore- stuff

1. Steve (Badjedidude)
3. NeverMore- stuff
4. Jales- write

I'm starting to write one about it right now, I think it would be nice if we have at least 2 books out, so Jedi, you could work on one, too, if you want.

Anyway, I'm kinda making mine a bit depressing, but of course it will show the fun of this place, too.

Anyway, the start of it, the prologue, is going to be maybe a little too depressing, I just want to give a heads up that a suicide is in it, and it is for effect and to draw the reader in.

Anyway, there are things I will need before going completely through with it. I'll need to set up a fax machine soon, and I'll need signed consent from Bjarne to use the site, and a few members who I might name directly instead of fictionalizing them like I will most. So sometime in the future consent forms will be emailed out to a few.

And lastly, I'm going to need a tiny bit of help... I'm having a brain fart right now... The line up top the internet page, where you type the URL... What is that called? I'm like completely braindead... lol, I'm not going to skip that line, and it is like 3 sentences in. haha

1. Steve (Badjedidude)
3. NeverMore- stuff
4. Jales- write
5. Zak - lol

Haha, wow Sanal...
Anyway, can anyone answer my question of simpleness?

The Wonderful Sin said:
I'm starting to write one about it right now, I think it would be nice if we have at least 2 books out, so Jedi, you could work on one, too, if you want.

Anyway, I'm kinda making mine a bit depressing, but of course it will show the fun of this place, too.

Anyway, the start of it, the prologue, is going to be maybe a little too depressing, I just want to give a heads up that a suicide is in it, and it is for effect and to draw the reader in.

Anyway, there are things I will need before going completely through with it. I'll need to set up a fax machine soon, and I'll need signed consent from Bjarne to use the site, and a few members who I might name directly instead of fictionalizing them like I will most. So sometime in the future consent forms will be emailed out to a few.

And lastly, I'm going to need a tiny bit of help... I'm having a brain fart right now... The line up top the internet page, where you type the URL... What is that called? I'm like completely braindead... lol, I'm not going to skip that line, and it is like 3 sentences in. haha

Okay, question answered by someone I was texting. But if Jedi and anyone else who is interested could read this and know where I am standing right now. I'm about half way through the prologue. With this book, I'm aiming for about 125-200 pages, so... Yeah. I will be asking ideas every now and then.

Latest posts

Back