A Lonely Life BOOK?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Completely, but that's just the prologue.
That and the main character's life offline will be works of fiction, as well as the main character... although the main character may have certain attributes of some sort and maybe happenings of someone I know or something, don't know yet. But everything on the site, other than the prologue topic, will be real, although I will have to re-word some stuff and change character names, as I stated earlier, because of the fact that I won't have consent from everyone to use them in the book, but I am going to have to get some consent forms sent out to Bjarne for the site's use and several members for their usernames/names and maybe some stories.

Badjedidude said:
Okay, I was reading the thread in here about promoting A Lonely Life.com....and I was thinking about some things that could help promote the site and bring about the release and spread of some of the stories and information on here...and what better way than in a...

BOOK!!

That's right, folks. I know it's a longshot, and probably just a deranged idea wrought from too much early morning coffee and not enough sleep, but...it's something to think about.

There could be different chapters based on different types of loneliness, different ways to handle loneliness, success stories, etc...everything you'd find on the site itself. Sort of a self-help, chicken-soup-on-the-internet thing. Triumphs and failures. Heck, the book could even have some thread conversations in it. Then slap "A Lonely Life" on the cover, place the website address all over the place, include some funny pics or something, and bingo! Book. Perfect for gathering a larger audience for the site, as well as helping some people. If you put the web addy in the book enough times, surely at least half of the people reading it is going to check the site out at least once.

Writing the different sections could be done by division of labor...and then communal editing to make sure everyone involved in the project agrees completely with content. All decisions should be done by complete congruence so as to avoid any bickering or bad feelings...with the Creator of the site (and moderators, maybe) to give the final word on decisions.

As for pay/royalties if said book is created and actually sells...well, I don't care--it can all go to the site. I wouldn't want any of it. Would you? Just being in such a project would be awesome enough. Everyone involved would get their name in the book, maybe a brief bio.

Alright, lol...like I said, I've been up all night drinking coffee and staring at a computer screen...so maybe this is a dumb idea, but there it is. Whaddya think????

----Steve

P.S. I didn't put this in the thread for promoting the site because I thought it'd be better to keep thise separate in case it bombs or something. I didn't wanna bog down the other thread. Okay, done 'splainin' ma' doins'.

theres not much to promote to be honest the site lacks key features which could make it a decent site

huggybear said:
theres not much to promote to be honest the site lacks key features which could make it a decent site

It's not supposed to be some super site. It's a simple forum.

VanillaCreme said:

That is what i thought. I tend to avoid the ones that try to include everything under they sun, or just link to the forum section and ignore the rest.

Ugh. That whole book situation was horrid. Nice to be reminded of it. I mean, uh, glad it's all in the past now.

nerdygirl said:
Ugh. That whole book situation was horrid. Nice to be reminded of it. I mean, uh, glad it's all in the past now.

Past? What past? There is no past. :p

Minus said:
VanillaCreme said:

That is what i thought. I tend to avoid the ones that try to include everything under they sun, or just link to the forum section and ignore the rest.

Minus! I absolutely DE-mand that you stop making your post-count go up. xD

Latest posts

Back