A mate MUST have....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EveWasFramed said:
Nina said:
Hey, the site claims one marriage made, that I've read about. Who says there can't be a few more???:shy:

Two, actually. Jales and Airbug and now Zak and Oceanmist.:)

That is without a doubt, the most wonderful and inspiring post I have read on here. I love how magical the world can be when people can come together and create a beautiful life together, just from meeting online like this.
I have two friends who actually met online, and they are now married and have a beautiful little girl. It's gives one hope. :)
Congrats to those who have found themselves, and each other, on A L L Forums. :D

Must have:

Joy in her heart
Respect for others
a keen desire to traverse the unknown with me
a fondness for foodies
passion in all positive aspects of her life

Must nots:
Pobody's nerfect.

eris said:
I'm just going to talk about guys here...the only thing I don't like about women is if they whine a lot.

MUST HAVES

-sarcasm
-intelligence
-a libido
-at least 5'10

MUST NOT HAVE

-muscles
-long hair
-facial hair
-a wife

I'm the kind of person that can really really become physically attracted to a person after I get to know them. i may not be initially attracted to them but then can become REALLY attracted to them.

And an added bonus...

crazy eyes

like really really crazy. like they are an evil genius or something. There is passion in it. Crazy eyes really turn me on.

I'll grow chubby, get a crewcut and shave off my soul patch just for you eris. :D lol

^^You don't have to be chubby, but muscles are bumpy and icky.

If I ever get a divorce i'll look you up :p

Do you have crazy eyes ?

Only if I drink one too many sodas. :p You ever see those guys with muscles...inside and on top of their muscles. Gives me the willy's

Blue--
A lot of fun and support...I wandered in here, not feeling any too chipper and managed to make some really special friends.

Nina, here goes:

Must have:
1. Someone who believes in God and where I can share my faith with.
2. Younger as me, never been married and doesn't have children.
3. Cover: beautiful smile and eyes with an average/ample (but not too much) body. (sorry for this one but pure personal)
4. Want to have a bunch of children.
5. Not a smoker.
6. Takes me for who I am and can let me see my own flaws and help with it.
7. Broadly interested.
8. Is caring, understanding, respectful, trustworthy and good-hearted.
(My dream woman. I'm just being honest, please respect this)

Must not have:
1. Have childeren.
2. Smoker.
3. Is cold and doesn't take me for who or what I am.
4. A tattoo or piercing.
(It's better to say that I am not that attracted to these things)

Blue--It certainly is! :)

Asterli--
Though I thinks it's great for folks to sort of, "freelance" their approach to dating and meeting a life partener, if that technique works for and feels right for them. But, I also think it's wise for folks who have very definate, "must have and must NOT haves" on their lists, to be aware and open with those thoughts. It's better to have it out on the front page early for yourself as well as others.
I've seen too many relationships, go south on a bobsled, simply because one or the other had a trait the other one couldn't stand and they tried to hide it or the other tried to pretend it didn't matter. It's better if folks can see an honest representation of a potential partener right from the beginning. No one want's to live a lie, nor do I think it's desirable for anyone to wake up one morning to find that the person they've fallen in love with is a lie. Truth with self and others makes for more real and enjoyable relationships...

I'm pretty open-minded about what she must or must not have: if we have the same interests, then that's good - if they're a bit different, then we can learn stuff from each other. A nice face helps, not too fussy about body shape or size - though I have to confess that if she's obese to the extent that she cannot get out of bed (like what you see on telly sometimes) then she will automatically be friendzoned. I'm sorry, but that's just too much for me. I can respect that she may have very difficult issues and all that, and I'd only be too happy to help in any way I can - but only as a friend.

Of course, if she lost all that weight and became a hottie, then things would be different. I am very shallow like that.

I like a good sense of humour. I like a bit of sass, a woman who stands her ground and won't take any honeysuckle. However, I like a thoughtful and introspective nature, too. I'd also like her to be interested in something a bit esoteric, or have a weird hobby of some sort. But these things aren't essential.

Two deal-breakers are:
frequent drinking and frequent pubbing/clubbing - not my thing at all.
Writing me letters or notes or emails in txt spk - because that REALLY gets my goat!

I just got off the phone with a fellow I've been buddies with since HS. He 's going through divorce #3 right now and is down in the dumps. I asked him what were some, "must haves" in the next woman he sees. This seemed like a good way to distract him from his misery........He sighed deeply and said---She needs to be breathing---Ima thinkin, that with each divorce, he goes through, his requirements lessen...

I'm sort of worried what his requirments will sink to. if there is a divorce #4. I may have to start warning the funeral parlors in his area....

Nina said:
I just got off the phone with a fellow I've been buddies with since HS. He 's going through divorce #3 right now and is down in the dumps. I asked him what were some, "must haves" in the next woman he sees. This seemed like a good way to distract him from his misery........He sighed deeply and said---She needs to be breathing---Ima thinkin, that with each divorce, he goes through, his requirements lessen...

That's kinda weird. You'd think that his requirements would build up, not down. If I went through several marriages like that, I know I'd be considering new criteria I hadn't considered before! :p

Bjd---This poor guy makes a great friend but he becomes a very distracted husband. I think what he's going through now is the women in his circle have "upped" their requirments and he's spending a lot of time bonding with his TV on Sat nights.....:p It's why I worry about the local female corpses....He's eventually gonna figure out the only ones that'll put up with his nonsense are already-----gone------

^^^Hahaha... ewwwwww :p

Well, I guess some people are perpetual victims... never doing anything, yet always complaining that women/society/"the man" have it out for them and ignore them. *shrug*

Someone should kick him in the balls and get him movin'. If he actually took some responsibility and went looking as well as built himself into something WORTH having... then he'd probably be surprised at his results.

Nina said:
I think what he's going through now is the women in his circle have "upped" their requirments and he's spending a lot of time bonding with his TV on Sat nights.....:p It's why I worry about the local female corpses....

I really have no comment on the actual meaning of this quote but I thought I'd mention that this was a premise of a movie I'd recently seen. You wouldnt believe how many movies are about necrophelia.

eris said:
Nina said:
I think what he's going through now is the women in his circle have "upped" their requirments and he's spending a lot of time bonding with his TV on Sat nights.....:p It's why I worry about the local female corpses....

I really have no comment on the actual meaning of this quote but I thought I'd mention that this was a premise of a movie I'd recently seen. You wouldnt believe how many movies are about necrophelia.

It was actually an episode of "Criminal Minds" with a necrophiliac in it, that put the idea in my head about where my buddy was heading for with future....encounters, with women...sort of creepy. *shiver*

Latest posts

Back