A mate MUST have....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NerdyG--
I swear, you should have a whole thread called," Ask NerdyGirl" and we could all come in and ask you questions and you could give these FLAWLESS answers and I'm pretty sure YOU alone could begin to cure depression in the world, as we know it!! You have a gift! :D

Oh, my responses can get a bit obnoxious at times. Sometimes, people just want a serious answer, and I'm all, "I have genital warts!"

nerdygirl said:
Oh, my responses can get a bit obnoxious at times. Sometimes, people just want a serious answer, and I'm all, "I have genital warts!"

lol!

nerdygirl said:

A dab of obnoxious is just what's needed, at times to lighten the whole mood and give everyone a good chuckle. That might be just my thought though, because I thrive on twisted humor. NOT that your humor is twisted....Just sayin...if it leans that way, I'll chuckle even harder!:D

Ideal girl must turn me on!

It's debatable as to how she does it :)

Some stuff that works:
+ self-confident
+ likes to get open and emotional
+ likes to travel
+ dirty talk - oh yes :)
+ willing to have sex

Some stuff not to do or be(turnoff):
- frustrated chick
- complaints about job
- complaints about exams, lots of work, faculty staff
- shitting over the country we're currently in and the people
- complaints in general :)

nerdygirl said:
Likes to get emotional as long as her emotions are complaint free? That sounds pretty rough, kofe!

I didn't say that. Just that emotions turn me on and complaints turn me off.

nerdygirl said:

your responses always make me lol.

Nina said:
Blue--It certainly is! :)

Asterli--
Though I thinks it's great for folks to sort of, "freelance" their approach to dating and meeting a life partener, if that technique works for and feels right for them. But, I also think it's wise for folks who have very definate, "must have and must NOT haves" on their lists, to be aware and open with those thoughts. It's better to have it out on the front page early for yourself as well as others.
I've seen too many relationships, go south on a bobsled, simply because one or the other had a trait the other one couldn't stand and they tried to hide it or the other tried to pretend it didn't matter. It's better if folks can see an honest representation of a potential partener right from the beginning. No one want's to live a lie, nor do I think it's desirable for anyone to wake up one morning to find that the person they've fallen in love with is a lie. Truth with self and others makes for more real and enjoyable relationships...

Nina,

I thought a lot about this thread this week and I really wanted to delete my post because I was too personal but I wanted to see the reaction.

I just wrote down my dream woman. I know that she's not around in this lifetime and if she was I would never find her. This is my ultimate description.

Sure I have to cope with the things I don't like in a partner. I will find that out when I find one.

Asterli--
Maybe your dream gal DOES exist and maybe, just maybe, you will indeed, find her! :) Truth is usually far stranger then fiction! I think it's good to have a clear picture of what you're seeking. There's no law saying you can't greatly amend that list as time goes by or that a certain person can't offer quailities you love far more than the one's you listed! We're all so unique and changable that a screnario like that can easily happen!
Maybe your "perfect" match will end up being VERY different than your list. I honestly think by going over in your mind WHO ones looking for it keeps a bit of hope and inspiration running through your system that the, "right one" is out there waiting to be found. That's the trick....keep the inspiration to seek alive and looking! :)

Nina said:
Asterli--
Maybe your dream gal DOES exist and maybe, just maybe, you will indeed, find her! :) Truth is usually far stranger then fiction! I think it's good to have a clear picture of what you're seeking. There's no law saying you can't greatly amend that list as time goes by or that a certain person can't offer quailities you love far more than the one's you listed! We're all so unique and changable that a screnario like that can easily happen!
Maybe your "perfect" match will end up being VERY different than your list. I honestly think by going over in your mind WHO ones looking for it keeps a bit of hope and inspiration running through your system that the, "right one" is out there waiting to be found. That's the trick....keep the inspiration to seek alive and looking! :)

Thank you for the advice. I will remember this!

My mate must be:

• intelligent - not necessarily college-educated, degrees don't make you smart, but I am not one of those trendy anti-intellectuals, no. I am not opposed at all to someone who is a traditionally college-educated and degreed intellectual, being one of them. Just no boring pedants, please.

• funny - I need someone with a sense of humor. I've been with humorless people, and they suck the life from my marrow and the joy from my soul.

• compassionate - You needn't be the Dalai Lama, but if you are insensitive to the needs of others, it doesn't speak well about how you might be in a relationship. Ok, you don't have to rescue kittens in your spare time, but you shouldn't drive straight for squirrels as they make their mad, suicidal dash across the road either.

Likewise, if I am going through a rough time, it isn't necessary to berate me for all the choices I've made and tell me it's all my fault and I'll probably end up as a Columbus Park Crack Whore. That isn't Tough Love, that's being a compassionless fucktard.

• sensible - Common Sense, not so common anymore. Please, I beg of you, have some!

• attracted to me - I don't need to be sexy or attractive or beautiful to all men out there, just the one I love. As long as he likes what he sees, then I'm good.

• attractive to me - I do not have one physical type that I am always attracted to. I have been attracted to lots of different guys for lots of different reasons. There is no one outward physical trait that they have in common. It's not as simple as saying that he has to have blue eyes, big muscles and be taller than me (or whatever - pick 3 superficial traits and plug them in) in order for me to find him physically attractive. The physical attraction hits me on a visceral level, meaning, I'll feel it if it's there, and often I can not adequately describe WHY I'm physically attracted to a particular guy.

• natural/casual - I'm a natural kind of girl, very low-maintenance in terms of fashion and appearance (except for dying the fresia out of my gray hair). I do not have manicured nails, almost never wear makeup, and my hair style is long, loose and air-dried. If you run into me out and about, most likely I will be wearing jeans and a t-shirt with a sweater or sweatshirt when it's cold out. Sneakers, yes, sneakers on my feet. The last time I wore heels was 2 years ago when I went to the opera. That is also the last time I wore a dress and did my hair all fancy-like.

My point? I can not possibly deal with a metrosexual guy who spends more time grooming and primping and in day spas than I do, nor am I interested in a guy who sees me as "raw material" out of which he can mold some ideal woman of his. Dude, you are no ******* Pygmalion. Accept me for who and what I am.

Ok, I think that those are the basics.

CTF--Your direct, no-holds-barred, approach to this question, just made my day! :) I don't think any quality, in a human, can compare to raw honesty. I have now added you to my fantasy, wish-list, for neighbors here in, "Nice-ville" :D

Asterli--You're too sweet and positive to NOT find some equally lovely person to share time with. :)

Nina said:
CTF--Your direct, no-holds-barred, approach to this question, just made my day! :) I don't think any quality, in a human, can compare to raw honesty. I have now added you to my fantasy, wish-list, for neighbors here in, "Nice-ville" :D

We'd turn Niceville on its ears. Or its ass. Whichever works.

:D

What I want:
friendship
respect, tolerance, open mindedness
a willingness to make our relationship a priority
loyalty
consideration
equality
honesty
trust
healthy body, mind and spirit
financial stability (not necessarily plenty of money, just takes care of business!)
participation in the practicalities of our life (sharing in chores, etc)

What I wish to avoid:
Judgement (of himself, others and me)
self-centerdness
sabatage (of self, oters and me)
negativity (we all have bad days, but he must be willing to work on and change those things he does not like in his life, or accept them!)

Great Bonuses:
healthy sex drive (neither excessive nor non-existent!)
nice body

cheaptrickfan said:
Nina said:

Oh, oh, oh, that would be like the coolest thing ever. That would be like two heavily armoured alien commandos laying waste to Niceville with plasmic disentegrators, Quarkflux-stream cannons, Adamantium blades, shoulder-mounted STAV missile launchers, self-generating EH black-hole grenades and spinal extraction guns.

I'm not saying you're like aliens, or anything. Just that it would be as cool as.

Electric_Fusilier said:
cheaptrickfan said:
Nina said:

Oh, oh, oh, that would be like the coolest thing ever. That would be like two heavily armoured alien commandos laying waste to Niceville with plasmic disentegrators, Quarkflux-stream cannons, Adamantium blades, shoulder-mounted STAV missile launchers, self-generating EH black-hole grenades and spinal extraction guns.

I'm not saying you're like aliens, or anything. Just that it would be as cool as.

Now I sort of feel like a Fembot. :O

lol

CTF--Maybe we could do alternate days of, ear turning then ass turning in Nice-Ville! I think they really need both... :D

E_F
It would be "dream come true!" I think being a fembot would ROCK! I wonder if I could trade in the "spinal extractor" for a "snob extractor" instead? Their parts are fine it's their nasty attitudes that bug the honeysuckle out of me! :D

Latest posts

Back