a open relationship

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OH! :unsure:
That complicates the situation.
I guess I didn't think about ALREADY being in a relationship. :unsure::unsure::unsure:

I'm not entirely sure, to be honest.
Handicapped people have sexual relationships all the time, so that's difficult for me to wrap my head around.
I had a friend of mine in college who had Cerebral Palsy actually, but his mind was fine. He just was paralyzed from the waist down and had a slight speech impediment. Otherwise though, he literally works for NASA and is a certified rocket scientist. So IDK, I haven't talked to him in a long time, I wonder what he'd think about it. :unsure:
On a similar circumstance:
There's an Australian woman, who is 22 years old, but due to a medical condition is permanently stuck in the body of an 8 year old girl.
She had a life-threatening brain tumor as a toddler that was removed before she was 10 years old.
They later discovered that it effected the part of the brain that manages the growth hormones of the body.
She's otherwise of perfectly sound mind and is otherwise an adult.
But I mean, she can't even do her makeup without having to go get a chair to stand on so she can reach the mirror above the sink in the bathroom, and gets I.D.'ed for sitting at bars which she said creates a really difficult socially awkward situation for her.
And of course her dating life is not really existent, because I mean, well, any man that dates her is going to automatically look bad publicly. :grimace:
Like it's sad, really, really sad.

My grandmother is a retired social worker and assisted living coach who worked with people with disabilities. So this is actually kind of a really interesting question to me. I'd ask the old woman, but her dementia unfortunately would skewer any answer she'd give me. I think she only had or 3 clients that had relationships. Due to legal reasons of where I live I think there's laws about it due to their condition and handicap, but I'm not, entirely sure? :unsure:

Yeah theres someone on ALL with this condition too, I cant imagine living like that, would drive me crazy (respectfully) . I often feel I'm the reverse, I looked 23 ever since I was 13 maybeee. Thats led to many awkward moments lmaooo I remember going to this play place and people thinking I was the mother 😅 But yeah I mean if you got injured so that you could no longer sleep with your partner would you break up or have an open relationship?

Yeah theres someone on ALL with this condition too, I cant imagine living like that, would drive me crazy (respectfully) . I often feel I'm the reverse, I looked 23 ever since I was 13 maybeee. Thats led to many awkward moments lmaooo I remember going to this play place and people thinking I was the mother 😅 But yeah I mean if you got injured so that you could no longer sleep with your partner would you break up or have an open relationship?

I did not know that there was someone here with acute medical dwarfism. 😳 I hope I did not offend them now. 😔

I think I'd probably want to be alone if I couldn't have sex as opposed to an open relationship. Mostly because that would just feel like adding insult to injury and quite frankly, life is insulting enough to me without an injury. 😕 I'm not moving forward in my life with optimism as motivation, I'm moving forward with my life with spite as my motivation. So it's actually quite easy for me to just CTRL+Alt+Del and End Task on anything in life, really. That's why I don't really date anymore, I don't get irreparably attached to people because I can always count on the people I let into my life to try to use me to their advantage. I'm not entirely heartless, I'm just strong enough to be stronger than my feelings more times often than not and avoid putting myself in such situations in the first place anymore.

There kind of is no future to the idea of me in a committed relationship, but I'm not really interested in purely sexual NSA hookups, either. I'm quite open and forward about that.

Damnedest thing is that I don't give women L's because I find them unattractive usually. I give women L's even if I'm highly attracted to them, because I've had a highly complicated and atypical life that renders it kind of impossible for me to have a normal traditional relationship anymore in the first place. It's not exactly a Witness Protection Program, but it's similar enough to being in a Witness Protection Program that I'm vague about it publicly on purpose.

Mehh I’d consider it if it was a one sided thing 😅 we cant both be doing all that. But another spin on this question is… what if you became unable to have sex… car accident or whatever… would you consider it then? 🙈 sorry sorry im the girl who cant stop asking questions, im easily intrigued 😂
Wow, so yesterday I had to imagine I was on a date, and today I have to imagine I been in an accident (or something) am I am unable to "perform". It really is a emotional rollercoaster this week.

No, I wouldn't consider it myself, me being on either side of that coin - (if it was me that was unable to perform or my partner that was unable too). They would either have to accept me as I am or not at all, as I would them. You have to take the rough with the smooth.

There are going to be many things in a relationship that I am going to find it hard to do or be unable to do due to my disability, for example if you are looking for someone to carry you over the threshold as much as I would like too you are out of luck with me.

My mind boggles though as to how either party would even start that conversation.

I think we'd both have to make concessions. I would agree that she could bring over another woman for us to both share as best we could.

Latest posts

Back