A Portrait

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HannahJocelyn

Reaction score
When I drew this, I was referencing an ad in a magazine. I also drew it with a technique where you draw it upside down in little squares, but you can't draw in squares next to each other until it's impossible not to. It's 18"x24". I hope you like :)

Attachments

• facedrawing1.jpg
    facedrawing1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 69
It's very nice and I bet you feel so proud of yourself, as I certainly would if I had done that.

Twinkle said:
Have you done any more Hannah?, it would be nice to see them.

I have some, no other portraits done like this one....just more or less doodles of faces. I have a problem with being patient and getting angry easily when drawing haha :p much of my work isn't finished, unfortunately. But I will post something! Here is a chair I drew for a drawing 1 class (same class the face was done in). This was done earlier in the semester. It's nothing special really, and i don't particularly like some parts, but overall, I think it's okay...

Interesting technique. I love her eyes. You've certainly put a lot of effort into this drawing! :)

Do you have anymore to share?

Twinkle said:
Have you done any more Hannah?, it would be nice to see them.

lone_drow said:
Interesting technique. I love her eyes. You've certainly put a lot of effort into this drawing! :)

Do you have anymore to share?

I do have some, but nothing done like this one here. Mostly just doodles of faces, eyes, etc. I have a problem with getting really impatient/frustrated when i draw. Im currently working on a landscape using the same technique as this.....and i have been for the past 2yrs, haha...maybe i'll go finish it! I have a drawing of a chair i did, i'll upload it later. I'm "working" right now :)

Also, i'm on deviantart.com (my username is Mychem11) if you want to see more of my stuff. Mostly just playing around....but there are so many amazing people on DA that i'm sure you'd also enjoy!!

I like it. You're very talented. I'm on DA as well, but my stuff is honeysuckle and I haven't posted anything new in quite a while. :p

hello...

HannahJocelyn, Really your are a talented person...
I like your performance very well...

The technique you described reminds of the same technique I used to make my self portrait, though the rules I went off weren't so strict. :p That portrait you did looks amazing though!! I envy you! You've got me inspired to finish my self portrait though. Hair is somewhat difficult to do though. :( And fabric isn't easy for me either.

Sira said:
The technique you described reminds of the same technique I used to make my self portrait, though the rules I went off weren't so strict. :p That portrait you did looks amazing though!! I envy you! You've got me inspired to finish my self portrait though. Hair is somewhat difficult to do though. :( And fabric isn't easy for me either.

OK Sira, you're inspired now, so paint please and post it. don't forget about the one with bedhead.

I'm afraid that Hannah left us for good though. Let's hope I'm wrong

rivermaze said:
OK Sira, you're inspired now, so paint please and post it. don't forget about the one with bedhead.

I'm afraid that Hannah left us for good though. Let's hope I'm wrong

I've never had someone to draw for before! Now I actually have to stop being lazy. :p

And it looks like that might be the case, but I really hope it isn't. I could use some more inspiration, and some beautiful art to look at. :) You mentioned that you do some sketching Rivermaze, so maybe you should let me see some of the things you do? :p

Sira said:
I've never had someone to draw for before! Now I actually have to stop being lazy. :p

And it looks like that might be the case, but I really hope it isn't. I could use some more inspiration, and some beautiful art to look at. :) You mentioned that you do some sketching Rivermaze, so maybe you should let me see some of the things you do? :p

No, Sira, I don't sketch anymore, but I would really like to start again. But to draw not people really, just things, and not for art, but for biology fieldtrips :)

rivermaze said:
beware of Sira... she's cutting down her online presence soon... yes, she's so bad ;)

You're just not giving that up, are you? :p I'll be online! I have been! But if it starts to interfere with my school work... I'll be online a little less. :p The internet is where most of my friends are though! No way I could let my friends down. :)

I'm you know what? You may not sketch now, but you want to. And when you decide that you are going to, I want to see those sketches. :p I don't care of you sketch a banana, I wanna see it! :p

Latest posts

Back