A rubbish friend

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb75

Reaction score
Rubbish is not the first word that springs to mind, it's a 4 letter word but not sure about the censorship here.

I have once again been proved that I am a rubbish friend. I give up, if I didn't have kids I would become a recluse and never leave the house, so sick and tired of this life, I want it to end now.

You seem to be at the low end of something. If you can't see yourself making another person feel this bad, were the roles reversed, then you've still got your dignity and it's clear who the rubbish really is. But what does dignity get you? The more character you have, the more the world is going to hate you and get you down. This is bigger then you. You can pretend you're all alone on this battlefield, but you still have to pick a side. If you don't you'll get one by default and not who you are or what you're fighting for. You will be grouped according to uniform, even if naked. Friends come and go, allies fight alongside and go to the grave together. It's the difference between life and death, between wandering around in a fog of confusion and knowing exactly what you're doing. What does reclusion get you? A state of limbo without purpose. What is a friendship anyway, but a temporal alliance based on mutual circumstance. If you want a friend you can value for life, thats as different as marriage vs a one night stand. It has no chance of working out at all unless you're intentions are clear and your friend feels the same way. Why do friends part ways? It's because deep down they were on different sides all along. People grow and change. How they grow is key to understanding them. Allies only change when you switch sides.

Sorry to hear that you feel that way. I am sure you are a fine friend. You just might not connect to people around you how you'd like. I don't connect with my friends much at all these days. I speak to a lot of them like 3-6 times per year and that's it. As long as you try to be nice, don't pay attention to anyone saying you're not a good friend. Trying is what's important~

Feel for you kb75. The mistake I've been doing most of my life is not letting "friends" know I'm disappointed. It helps both of you to know if they really are disrespectful or having a bad day and will do better. Don't give up kb!

Thank you Phaedron your post made my day.

You were never a rubbish friend to me, kb75. I really miss talking to you, so please get in touch as soon as possible and I'll try and help you with whatever is on your mind.

I wronged a friend recently. I want to make amends but I don't know when or the best way. The important thing is I learned a lot and I was able to see my mistakes instead of thinking I was right and repeating the same mistakes in the future.

I feel awful though. I've been losing sleep because of it now and then.

If you think you are rubbish at least you recognize the problem if there is one.

Latest posts

Back