A warm welcome.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annik

Reaction score
I'm actually quite nervous about posting this because I'm paranoid someone will see it and know who I am and what I'm talking about.

Anyway after years of my twisted and slightly unhealthy issues with food I finally decided to seek out some support. I don't have a massively defined disorder and I've manged to pretty much not arose suspicion among people I know. Nor have I ever seen a doctor.

I hate "intro" threads and I tend to write them in a dazed panic due to being so shy and insanely unsure of myself. Clearly though I didn't explain well enough why I had joined and was pretty much jumped on right away as being there for tips and thinspo. Nice. I was also told about the rules. (which I'd read anyway like I always do).

Now as I'm a doormat I was pretty much polite and explained I was shy and private and had never explained my situation before. Though I just felt totally unwelcome right from the start and quite tearful.

I can understand that they want to keep the place safe and supportive but surely they could give a slight benefit of the doubt. I don't think I'll go back and will probably go on in silence with how I am now because once again I've just been made to feel like nothing but a fake.

This is why I hate forums. So cliquey with their pre defined social rules.

SophiaGrace said:

There's a lot of truth in that. I also can't stand when someone is pretty bitchy to you and wraps it all up in nice. Which is how it came across. I also hate how I'm so meek and polite...

DreamerDeceiver said:
...are you leaving, annik?

Not here, this all happened elsewhere.

annik said:
DreamerDeceiver said:
...are you leaving, annik?

Not here, this all happened elsewhere.

I really need to read things more carefully, for a while I had myself worried.

It's unfair how people could treat someone that way, who is there in need of support and answers. I find in many online communities there is that sense of rude elitism among certain members and the need to shovel their rules down the throats of newcomers. I guess that tends to get in the way of a humble understanding for shy people.. Forgive me, I'm rambling now. I wish you success in finding the support you deserve, annik; here, if not elsewhere.

Well, it's natural to be protective of your social group, even if it's on a forum, and ESPECIALLY because it's on the internet. There are just too many trolls and scams and jackasses floating around to be able to openly accept everyone. *shrug*

I'm not condoning social cliques on forums... but I think this is a valid reason that they sometimes form.

Yeah I can see that just it feels a bit crap when you see people being sympathised with and offered friendship when I was basically shouted at right away simply for not knowing what to say. I guess it sounds stupid but at least give me chance to do something wrong before you shout me down.

I'd never talked about my problems before won't again I expect.

What annoys me the most is after looking round for a while the place was crawling with pro ana stuff.

You know close the door before the horse has bolted not after.

SophiaGrace said:

This is why I love you so :p Right here....

annik said:
Yeah I can see that just it feels a bit crap when you see people being sympathised with and offered friendship when I was basically shouted at right away simply for not knowing what to say. I guess it sounds stupid but at least give me chance to do something wrong before you shout me down.

I'd never talked about my problems before won't again I expect.

What annoys me the most is after looking round for a while the place was crawling with pro ana stuff.

You know close the door before the horse has bolted not after.

Annik I don't know you really but you should never feel you cant express yourself on here. What would be the point of the sight if ppl thought they could not say what they was feeling.

I just said this to someone else but you know some ppl look to argue cos there hurting for there own reasons. Just by-pass those ppl and concentrate on the ppl that look like there trying to be helpful.
On the hole ppl here I have always found are really nice decant ppl.
Most forums like in most placers in the world have dicks on them. I think we probably have less here then in most placers in less you count the trolls of course XD

And we have rules here? lol I never really cared much for rules. I do what I do and say what I say if it gets me into trouble then so be it at lest I was myself :) And Am proud of me :p

Latest posts

Back