Abuse

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is this abuse

• Total voters
You had to lock yourself up in a room while your mom was yelling at you. You were honestly afraid of her.

So that is your video? You are Mrleagalizeweed?

Can I ask something, if that is you and you call yourself mrlegalizeweed and that is your mother yelling at you, what did you do to bring her to that point?

Families do fight. Parents do need to discipline their kids. Sometimes kids are abusive to their parents and need a real ass kicking. I have no idea what the root cause of the yelling is.

I think there are different ways at disciplining kids.. I'm not sure what is the best, I'm not a parent and also because each child is different and reacts differently to different treatments.. but I do handle a lot of youngsters in my job. Sometimes yelling works to certain kids, but it's not very nice. And I don't think using harsh words would do any good or should be used in disciplining children... it just shows you can't even discipline yourself to use proper words to discipline the young ones.

Is that abuse? I think in a way, it is, a type of abuse, verbal abuse maybe, for the things she says or rather, the words she uses. But what got her there.. makes it another story altogether..

We live in a world, where such bloody atrocities are committed everyday, that people have gotten used to them.
Children committing heinous acts, and parents that do abominable unspeakable things. But those are just news stories I guess. So REALLY ?? REALLY ?? REALLY ??

Well...I actually don't think that was an attempt at discipline. It seems more like a frustrated parent, tired of a child's attitude. From the words on the video, I'd say it was a single parent also. It sounds like perhaps that child in question might have tossed the other parent into the face of the mother. I also don't think this was a one-time issue either, based on the voracity of the verbal attack.
The parent seems to want an apology for something the child has done.
I don't say that I feel the screaming is the best way to handle it, but as a single parent with a child that sometimes throws "daddy" at me when I won't get her something she wants or won't let her have her way, I can certainly understand some of the frustration in the woman's voice on the video. In fact, she sounds as though she's been pushed too far one too many times. I also agree with Sci - what did that kid on the video do to warranty such a violent verbal response - a demand for an apology from the child?

Im not sure if the OP is saying that's him/her or that they went through this type of thing.
It's sad though, that the relationship between child and parent has devolved to that point we see in the video. Although my daughter is still young (she's 8 now) when she started behaving so badly that I found myself sometimes unable to control my temper to the point I'd yell at her, I took her to a therapist. After a few visits, he closed her case out. It seems that just a little bit of learning ways to deal with the stress of being in a single parent household really helped us both.
I still raise my voice to her sometimes, but it's usually when she's done something that could have hurt her. :p Fear will make me yell when anger wont. lol :D

Ps. You know.... there IS such a thing as parental abuse as well. Not saying that's the case here, but I've seen that sort of thing way too often by children who either have no control of themselves or don't really care about the destruction they cause for their parent(s).

Latest posts

Back