Accepting loneliness

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty much like most of you. I cope with my loneliness by keeping myself occupied, such as doing exercise early in the morning, then going to work, and then watching movies/series, reading, surfing the net... Yet it's still hard. Over the years it's gotten less painful, but I don't think I'll ever get used to it. My social life mostly comes from work, which as others have said, doesn't really count.

I tend to spend a lot of time alone, because I can't spend too much time with my family either. It's completely dysfunctional and unbearable after spending a couple of hours with them. I do have some friends, but they're far away from here. And I'm completely unsuccessful with women. I just continue life I guess. Maybe some day things will get better.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
putter65 said:
Finding a girlfriend and finding a Nice girlfriend are two seperate things. Loads of horrible women out there. You have to be very lucky to meet a really nice woman.

You make a good point. It's really hard to meet non quality women, for a shy guy.

Meeting a quality woman seems impossible. They all seem married already.

I've never thought about having children. Getting a date seemed beyond me for years and years.

Believe me, I have always wanted to be a father. But I can't imagine trying to raise a child without having a partner; every child needs 2 parents, not just one.

But there are so many abused and neglected kids in the world, that I wonder if maybe it would be a good thing?

It's something I've thought about, but it would take years and years of being single ahead before I even considered it.

I see loads of attractive women and I always look for a ring on their finger. They usually is one. And I don't mean attractive as looks only. Women who look after themselves and are intelligent.

It's not always the best thing to do but I sometimes look at the women who look as though they don't get asked out often. The sad fact is all of these types of women have turned me down in the past. It's like I am at some sub level to everybody else. A 'not good enough for dating' level of people. Way below everybody else.

triilsk said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
It's really hard to meet non quality women, for a shy guy.

Meeting a quality woman seems impossible. They all seem married already.

Yeah I agree seems that way at least. It's why I gave up completely on dating and only tend to physical needs, better than no women at all.

I've been 'paying for it' for 15 years. Always enjoy it and can afford it. Go about once a month.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
sentiententity said:
LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Believe me, I have always wanted to be a father. But I can't imagine trying to raise a child without having a partner; every child needs 2 parents, not just one.

But there are so many abused and neglected kids in the world, that I wonder if maybe it would be a good thing?

It's something I've thought about, but it would take years and years of being single ahead before I even considered it.

Hey, from a kid's perspective I'm sure 1 parent is better than none!!

What do I do about my loneliness issues, though?

I want a girlfriend. I want a wife. I want a relationship.

It only seems to be women that don't want these things with me. And I can't understand why.

There will be something about you that most women don't like. It won't be all women but you haven't been lucky enough to meet anybody who likes you yet.

It could be how you look or your body language, your attitude etc.

With me, when I was younger it was that I was very shy and couldn't talk to people. Now it is because I am ugly and my lifestyle / status isn't what women are interested in.

Latest posts

Back