ahoy-hoy

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

palendrom

Hey,
I'm Palendrom. I typed into google "i'm so lonely sometimes I wish i was dead" the 1st site that popped up was pro-euthenasia (sp?) which at least gave me a bit of a laugh... then you guys....

What to say? I'm 27, I live In New Zealand. I've been suffering from depression and an anxiety disorder for about 10 years. About 3 years ago I'd broken up with my gf, i didn't have a home or a job and I was eye deep in debt. I've worked my @$$ off and now I have a job and a home.

Sad thing is i don't have many friends and those I do I almost never see. I'm still single and I'm so terrified I can't bring myself to ask a girl out, even if I could meet someone i liked.

So yeah, I'm so lonely sometimes I wish i was dead. I hope you guys don;t mind me crashing here for a bit...

Hi Palendrom,

Welcome nearly all of us are in the same position, some friends or no friends. I found this website after googling for ages and it wasn't till I was cruising through a website did I find a link to here.

Frustrating thing is I wish there was a website soley for making friends in the area you live, no luck there hopefully someone comes up with the idea one day.

Thanks guys,
yeah it sucks trying to meet people in my area. Thing is I'm great at faking "happy & carefree" but it stops me really connecting to people cos i have to always act like i'm doing ok...

And yes, Futurama, and indeed the screen-capture funtion are both fantastic :)

Welcome Palendrom :)

Welcome, sounds like you will fit right in with us.
I think sometime everyone wants you to fake happiness because if they know you are having problems they will stay away from you. I'm sure you will find friends here that will listen.

hey welcome to the site :D

you're welcome to saty as long as you want.

I know what you mean about faking being happy and carefree it can be really tough trying keep a smile on your. Since my weird friends fell through I've had to try and be normal, but i've found that it doesn't seem to come naturally to me. So Far I've found it gets easier to act happy and carefree in the summer, but i guess it's getting into winter where you're at. Try to stay tough you can do it!

ps Bender Rocks

:D

Hi there dude,, You crash here for as long as ye like :) We well be happy to have you here specially since you have such good taste in the programs you watch :D

Welcome :)

Hello, Palendrom
Pull up a chair and sit right down; as we Southners from the Carolina's say. Nice to meet you. We have a good chat room here as well. Look forward to seeing you around.

palendrom said:
Thanks guys,
yeah it sucks trying to meet people in my area. Thing is I'm great at faking "happy & carefree" but it stops me really connecting to people cos i have to always act like i'm doing ok...

And yes, Futurama, and indeed the screen-capture funtion are both fantastic :)

Yeah, I do the same thing. Smiling and being cheerful makes it easier to get trough the days.

Latest posts

Back