Alienated by family.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weakness-

Reaction score
I can't talk to anyone in my family about my problems, not even my own sister.

I live with my dad, stepmom, sister, two nephews and an aunt (my stepmom's sister). My dad's an intimdating person (he used discipline like spankings and whatnot when we were children) and he doesn't do well when there's something wrong with one of us, my stepmom and aunt are known to tell everyone about everyone's business (good or bad), my sister isn't really interested in much except for her own relationship or things that has to do with her godchild, and my nephews usually keep to themselves.

Whenever I become overwhelmed with depression, I just need to talk to someone. I can't talk to my parents or aunt because they'll just tell me to suck it up and get over it (they've literally said this to my sister who has depression as well). I can't even ask to be put in therapy because they don't think it'll help. When I try to talk to my sister, she usually snaps at me to go away and bother someone else.

This all makes me feel even more lonely and alienated from them because I keep thinking that when the times comes for me to actually talk to them about something important, they'll just brush it off like it's nothing. It's a horrible feeling.

Does anyone else have this issue? Any advice?

I am sorry you have depression and your family isn't understanding. Have you tried going to a place like a church or a spiritual place where such people gather. I am not meaning to point you towards religon but i find the all loving and forgiving jesus crowd pretty wonderful to be with if they stay true to what they say and represent i am very sure you will find the understanding you want amongst such people. If that don't work buddists arn't hard to find their one of the most none violent non judging group of people that i seen so far. They arn't everywhere but they exist. Then you got us here and people here willing to help just ask your bound to get an answer and if not message me.

About depression and sad things the best self help thing to do is to do what you love the most of everything in life. That counters most depression for by enjoying things we love we move our mood into the exact opposite of our mood which is happyness and all things good. If that don't help if any of this don't help seek a therapist or a person who is willing to understand and to help. If that don't work give gifts to people you love who doesn't like a gift after all the feeling doing good and loving things brings is awesome.

i have the same problem...my parents..im not close to them at all...my brother is a meathead ...my siblings live in other states and the rest of my family is in mexico :(

you can pm me any time if you want to vent..

Latest posts

Back