ALL BBQ Party

• Thread starter AmytheTemperamental
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Image3.jpg

Homemade Baked Beans

Image2.jpg

Potato Salad (a small serving, but plenty more where that came from!) :D

Image1.jpg

Some Burgers awaiting cheese and bacon! (Will make them twice the size next time!)​

Sorry I'm late! JustSomeGal, I hope you will have this again very soon! (like tonight?? :D) Or maybe it's ongoing! Anyway, I love the place you rented for the BBQ! The marshmallows sound like a fantastic idea too!

Come on, you guys! Let's eat!

Edward, I hope you haven't eaten the pizza yet! ;)

Hugs all.

(I'll be quiet now.)

dawningday said:
This is a cool idea!

Since I don't drink.....I'll bring a big, huge, gigantic coffee maker....lol

And I'll bring a blender and a few other essentials- can make a lot of interesting (alcohol and alcohol free)drinks from cold coffee.

Can we put Callie in a tux and let her be the door person to keep unwanted types out?

WildernessWildChild said:
dawningday said:
This is a cool idea!

And I'll bring a blender and a few other essentials- can make a lot of interesting (alcohol and alcohol free)drinks from cold coffee.

Can we put Callie in a tux and let her be the door person to keep unwanted types out?

Did you just designate me as the BOUNCER???? :club: Guess who I'll bounce first....

TheRealCallie said:
dawningday said:
This is a cool idea!

Did you just designate me as the BOUNCER???? :club: Guess who I'll bounce first....

I knew you were skulking around somewhere....I've arranged for distractions to keep you off my ass!

TheRealCallie said:
dawningday said:
This is a cool idea!

I knew you were skulking around somewhere....I've arranged for distractions to keep you off my ass!

lol, like there could ever be enough distractions :p

TheRealCallie said:
TheRealCallie said:
dawningday said:
This is a cool idea!

I'm starting to think that you start victimizing someone you're completely dedicated to the cause....

TheRealCallie said:
TheRealCallie said:

I'm starting to think that you start victimizing someone you're completely dedicated to the cause....

Only people like you....

Ruthie said:
EDIT:

O M G ! ! ! !

JustSomeGal !!!! I just now noticed that you have already rented a space for the BBQ party !!!! I had seen it before but it seemed further back and I didn't check the dates, but it has been updated fairly recently!

I am sorry !!! Maybe this can be deleted.

My apologies !!!!

Sorry for all the confusion. I LOVE the place you rented!

I merged yours with the original thread. ;) That way your posts stay and this thread gets bumped.

Hi, I see my name. Lol. Ruthie, I didn't make that cake personally, but I guess I could for this occasion! :D

Also, I'm confused cos I think there's 2 threads on this lol.

I did offer to bring some awesome chocolate tart in the other thread. I'm up to do any other cakes requested. Hmm, Mr. Edward W will try to finish them all though. :p

I wanted us to have a forum party and everyone bring a dish (if they wanted). If they didn't want to bring a dish, they would be just as welcome to attend and to eat what others brought.

I had seen JustSomeGal's post briefly recently but it didn't look like anyone had replied recently and I (wrongly) assumed it might be months old and the party was over.

In my enthusiasm and excitement, I made my post regarding wanting us to have a Forum party.

No sooner did I make my post, than I took a closer look at the dates on JustSomeGal's thread, and realised she had only made her thread last month! I had wrongly assumed her thread had been started months ago. So, I immediately wanted to delete my post and begin posting to JustSomeGal's thread.

I asked for my post to be deleted.

Sci-Fi, very kindly and with the best of intentions, graciously and generously took the time to merge my post with what he thought was JustSomeGal's thread, to preserve all the like-minded talk under the same thread.

Unfortunately, it seems another thread got merged with mine.

So there we are.

Please accept my apologies for the confusion I caused by jumping the gun and then asking for my post to be deleted.

And Ladyforsaken, you make the best cakes and tarts! It's a supreme delight and honour for us to know we can count on you to supply them at parties! Edward isn't the only one you'll have to watch. You couldn't trust most of us alone in a room with one of your delicious cakes or tarts either! :D

JustSomeGal, GHOSTNYOURMIST and everyone else, I apologise for all this. If you ever want to have another party, JustSomeGal, I'd love to bring some dishes if you'd like. Please just let me know.

I don't know the best way forward from here on these threads; sure hope they can be put right. Please feel free to delete mine if it helps in any way to make the situation less complicated. I just feel badly that other people's posts/threads are in confusion at the moment. I promise to be a lot more careful in future to check and see if similar threads exist and what the dates are on them, before creating one. I am so sorry for the confusion I caused. I feel awful about it and wish I could straighten it out myself. Sorry, sorry! xx

Aww don't feel bad Ruthie! *hugs* :)

Hmm I just made 4 different types of cookie dough. And just baked some chocolate chip meringue cookies. I'm bushed. Lol.

Yes yes I get my crazy days when I go all out baking stuff. I'll be baking my 4 different types of cookies tomorrow. The cookie doughs chillin' in the fridge! I'll save some for the ALL little gathering. ;)

It should be fine :)

OMG, Minus ((((((Minus)))))) !!! Thank you so much! I am so happy now! I even checked GHOSTNYOURMIST to make sure his tattoo thread is okay and it is perfect. OMG. Thank you!!!! :D You certainly made someone happy today !!!

I was so worried the thread could not be fixed, but you did a perfect job! OMG, thank you !!!!!!!

(((((Ladyforsaken))))) Boy, are we going to have a bash!
Right here on BBQ on JustSomeGal's great thread! Thank you so much for all your hard work putting together 4 different types of dough !!! You will have to bring the fly-swatter for all of us to keep us out of them. I will tell you right now that I'll be trying to O.D. on those heavenly cookies you'll be baking !!! Can't wait !!! :D I'm so excited just thinking about it !!!! ((((hugs))))

You have no idea how relieved and thrilled I am that those threads were able to be put back together. I was just so afraid they were lost and was just sick over it. ((((( Minus ))))) Thank you again !!! omg.

Coooookies!!!

I am liking the sound of this party more and more!!!

...And as it happened, the ALL BBQ party lasted and lasted!

There were "fixins"...
Image9.jpg

Corn on the cob soon to be drenched in rich, creamery butter...
Image4.jpg

Fresh, shredded barbeque beef right off the grill with a side of potato chips...
Image5.jpg

And for those who wanted to eat inside, an entire table was spread out for them!...
Image6.jpg

And all kinds of sausage and ribs with fried okra and roasted corn
(drenched in fresh butter, of course!)...
Image10.jpg

Mouthwatering bbq beef sandwiches with nothing but the best homemade bbq sauce...
Image11.jpg

Delicious, hot, homemade onion rings...
Image13.jpg

Bacon cheeseburgers and fries...
Image17.jpg

And more hot, delicious, curly fries...
Image16.jpg

And bacon cheeseburger onion burgers and fries...
Image18.jpg

JustSomeGal's choice of venue was absolutely perfect, and everyone was enjoying every second of mingling, talking, eating and taking in the beauty! This was unlike any party any of them had ever been to. It was, without a doubt, the ALL event of the season! <3

Latest posts

Back