ALL Book Club: March '12

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Good Citizen said:
Ledia said:
Sorry if Game of thrones is chosen i wont be able to read it. Beyond my limits

I'd start reading anything, if it was something that bored me then I would give up on it though, which I don't tend to do normally. I'll give anything a go though.

I'd go for anything except some that disturb me.

The Good Citizen said:
Ledia said:
Sorry if Game of thrones is chosen i wont be able to read it. Beyond my limits

I'd start reading anything, if it was something that bored me then I would give up on it though, which I don't tend to do normally. I'll give anything a go though.

She's not being a snob, she just can't do graphic content. She abandoned Lolita for the same reason. :(

The Good Citizen said:
I really don't mind but for the sake of suggesting something..

Slaughterhouse 5 - Kurt Vonnegut

Its quite short, a cult classic. I've read it but think I probably need to read it again sometime as it went over my head the first time.

It's funny, because this was something I thought of nominating for March. I approve. :)

As for my nomination.. I'll get back to you guys. :p

Ah great choice! I've read it a couple of times but for some reason not quite finished it, its on the shelf too :p

would you like to finish it this time? :p

Now that you said it's great, I want to read it even more

As of now, the nominations are A Game of Thrones and Slaughterhouse Five. I messaged the people who recently expressed interest in the club and will wait to see if they would like to nominate any books.

Factotum has nominated The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark.

Kaetic has nominated The Gods of Gotham by Lyndsay Faye and said she will read just about anything we choose.

Final Nominations:

-A Game of Thrones
-Slaughterhouse Five
-The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
-The Gods of Gotham

After discussing it with Soph, we have decided to keep the voting in this thread and not to allow voting for one's own nomination this time.

1 A Game of Thrones
2 Slaughterhouse Five
3 The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie
4 The Gods of Gotham

I've read 2 and 3 but 3 quite recently so any of the others will do me fine. But I'll say 2.

I wouldnt mind reading THE PRIME OF MISS JEAN BRODIE. I was planning to read it next :). But SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5 is also fine by me. that is my second choice.

Latest posts

Back