All the single people..all the single people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a way to think! I don't think it's helpful at all. To tell someone that they should just get over social phobias and anxiety is not right. What he should have said is, you should discuss with someone why you feel like this and find out the root cause otherwise it will manifest itself into another mental illness.

Have either one of you ever experienced this? I have and it's not so easy to say get over it, which you are literally saying.
How about you ask the person he said it to if it's helpful.
No one knows more than the person living their terrible situation, what they are missing out on, they don't need someone to reiterate it back to them what they already know.

P.s it is ignorant!

Littlesecret said:
What a way to think! I don't think it's helpful at all. To tell someone that they should just get over social phobias and anxiety is not right. What he should have said is, you should discuss with someone why you feel like this and find out the root cause otherwise it will manifest itself into another mental illness.

Have either one of you ever experienced this? I have and it's not so easy to say get over it, which you are literally saying.
How about you ask the person he said it to if it's helpful.
No one knows more than the person living their terrible situation, what they are missing out on, they don't need someone to reiterate it back to them what they already know.

P.s it is ignorant!

As a matter of fact, I HAVE dealt personally with social anxiety. And I never said it was EASY, it's quite the opposite of EASY.

Here, I don't think you understand the meaning of ignorant. Don't tell me that a certain way is ignorant, just because YOU don't believe a way can work. Have YOU ever tried it another way? No, probably not.

ig·no·rant [ig-ner-uhnt]
adjective
lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
uninformed; unaware.
due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

Excuse me, but it was never said to be a 'certain way' read that post and your post again and tell me where it said 'have you ever tried?' Instead you both said he's wasting his youth and he needs to snap out of it!

I understand the word ignorant (putting the definition of a word is a cop out for not explaining your point further) and I FEEL you are both lacking in knowledge of a subject I've spent years dealing with and talking about.
Also I've tried many different strategies to overcome my social anxiety, phobias and depression so please don't write to me like I've just come across this and decided to comment.
Also It's not 'one size fits all' no one asked why he has these phobias, you can't tell someone to change when you don't know the reason for his issue in the first place.

I DIDNT think the comment was helpful. You would expect comments like these in any other forum but not here.
Maybe you guys can come up with another forum! Www.getoverit.com

Littlesecret said:
Excuse me, but it was never said to be a 'certain way' read that post and your post again and tell me where it said 'have you ever tried?' Instead you both said he's wasting his youth and he needs to snap out of it!

I understand the word ignorant (putting the definition of a word is a cop out for not explaining your point further) and I FEEL you are both lacking in knowledge of a subject I've spent years dealing with and talking about.
Also I've tried many different strategies to overcome my social anxiety, phobias and depression so please don't write to me like I've just come across this and decided to comment.

I DIDNT think the comment was helpful. You would expect comments like these in any other forum but not here.
Maybe you guys can come up with another forum! Www.getoverit.com

Actually, I didn't say he was wasting his life. Apparently, you should learn to read, yourself. I just said that panfruit's post WAS helpful, albeit, not very polite and it could have been said in a better way.

Actually, posting the definition is not a cop out, you just don't seem to understand the meaning of the word, whether you say you do or not.
Really..I'm lacking in knowledge of the subject? First, you don't know me, so don't assume that you know what I've been through in my life. I've spent 14 YEARS dealing with social anxiety, some years to the point where I wouldn't leave my house, and when I did, it was pretty **** debilitating. Oh and guess what, I tried every **** method to try to resolve it..drugs, therapy, sucking it up and doing something about it, you name it...so don't ******* tell me that I have no knowledge of it, because I likely have more than you.

Plain and simple, IF YOU DO NOT TRY, YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED.
So, get off your high horse and realize that just because YOU don't agree with a method, does NOT mean it's ignorant.

You are a massive contradiction and don't swear at me, I've refrained from being abusive so don't talk to be like a piece of crap.
I have my opinion I didn't think it was helpful nor did I like the way it was said, and I believe the comment is IGNORANT!

Don't tell me not to assume something about you and in the same sentence make an assumption about me!
Nor do you know I, or disaffected so how about you ask before agreeing to a comment about how he should change his life?
If anyone is on a high horse, it would be you! I'm not co-signing to advice to someone you know nothing about.

Can anyone really give valid advice to anyone when they've only been given a sentence of what their issue is.
No one even asked him if he's getting help, or trying new things.
So don't get angry at me because there is a flaw in the advice given!!!

Littlesecret said:
You are a massive contradiction and don't swear at me, I've refrained from being abusive so don't talk to be like a piece of crap.
I have my opinion I didn't think it was helpful nor did I like the way it was said, and I believe the comment is IGNORANT!

Don't tell me not to assume something about you and in the same sentence make an assumption about me!
Nor do you know I, or disaffected so how about you ask before agreeing to a comment about how he should change his life?
If anyone is on a high horse, it would be you! I'm not co-signing to advice to someone you know nothing about.

Can anyone really give valid advice to anyone when they've only given you a sentence of what their issue is.
No one even asked him if he's getting help, or trying new things.
So don't get angry at me because there is a flaw in the advice given!!!

First, just because I say the word fresia, does NOT mean I am swearing AT you. It's a word, get over it.
Second, you don't consider saying a method that has worked for quite a few people is ignorant is not "abusive"? You may want to rethink that one.

I don't recall seeing YOU ask about the posters situation either, so how the fresia can you assume that it won't be helpful for said poster? Oh wait, did you just contradict YOURSELF? Yes, yes you did, considering YOU offered advice too.

As I said before, IF YOU DO NOT TRY, YOU WILL NOT SUCCEED.

Read my post again before you jump in with your barrage of nonsense.
First, I never said the initial comment was abusive, I said the way your last comment was phrased was abusive!
Secondly, I have spoken to the poster privately before commenting, so maybe ask me before jumping to conclusions!
I wouldn't give advice without knowing, why the person was in that situation. Plain and simple!

What part did I offer advice? I said there would be a better way of saying something and gave an example.

So NO CONTRADICTIONS on my part. :)!

Hi my name is Layla, im looking for a male about my age (19) i live in the US. I've never actually put out there that i want a relationship but i do. I want a guy who is willing to push forward with me and break through the walls ive put up to protect myself from getting hurt again. ive been lied to and cheated on by all four of the boyfriends ive ever had. i like turtles and vampires and zombies (I like sparkly vampires too but not as much as i used to.) I'd like a long lasting relationship that eventually leads to marriage. i simply want someone to care for me so i can care for them without the awkwardness of the one sided admirer thing. You can PM me or email me. my email is on my profile. Thanks for taking your time to read this. i hope you have a wonderful day!
~Layla Rose

What's this thread about again? Oh yea, I remember, about whether you're single. Yep, I'm single, I've been single for a long time now and it's depressing.

One way to meet people though is to walk about with something that people take an interest in - Like a dog! Well I don't have a dog but I am very into photography, and recently bought a new lens which looks very cool, and lately I have been walking about locally with it around my neck whenever I'm out. So many people have stopped me and commented on it and ask questions!

So, you might be thinking, "Arrrr right, so that bloke has clearly found many women then". Well nope, not me, this bloke ain't done no such thing! All the people who speak to me are OLD MEN! So, if you're into old men, I suppose you should move to the south coast of England and buy a camera! I'll lend you mine....for a fee.

MTrip said:
*comment removed*
You really don't need to be stirring the pot on this MT- I suggest you drop it immediately....theres a fine line between trying to be funny and trying to be cute, don't cross it.

I'm 36, looking for a girlfriend. Never had one. Tired of the rejection, so eventually over the years, just approached women less and less. Tried online dating; even worse.

Melsaldi said:
I'm 36, looking for a girlfriend. Never had one. Tired of the rejection, so eventually over the years, just approached women less and less. Tried online dating; even worse.

How many rejections have you had ?

I have had probably less than 10. I always found it incredibly hard to ask a woman out on a date.

I've been single for few years now... I don't really mind... Both being single & being in a relationship have pros & cons, obviously... I like being single as much as being in a relationship... I don't really have a preference... I can enjoy being either...

Latest posts

Back