All the single people..all the single people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
simhthmss said:
um i did say thats what im going to do 2 posts up from your one hun ^_^

That wasn't directed just towards you, it was for everyone.

Someone owes me an emotional debt. But I believe someone stole the gal from me. :D

wow i like the way you chose your language batman its very um...interesting and smooth, was kind of an intelligent use of syntax, i study language patterns and what the psychologically of the choice of their language shows about their personality so that just leaped out of the page at me :D

Thanks. Although I must admit that last comment was not really an attempt at poetry, but something else entirely.

In any case, I'm a single guy looking for a woman. There's a lot of greatness here. That's not some desperate kind of egocentric boasting, but more factual :p I won't let you down, in fact I may even rock your world. Catch me, before someone else does ;)

oh btw i would love a new friend too! i always enjoy a ladies company but....yes as batman said were all great catches here ladies, i haven't been with a woman since my fiance died so i would treat any woman like a princess, with empathy love understanding and kindness...but i joined a dating site a while back, kinda an expensive professional highly moderated one, didnt look for a bit, there are 20 women now ALL model pretty, one is actually a model they all sent me photos of them at home and they are the kind of women ive only seen in like...movies or something id never approach them irl, they all wrote long detailed descriptions of their life and how much they want to be with me, ive been reading them all for 5 hours so ladies and guys and those in b'tween if you think youd like to be with me speak now or you may have to forever hold your peace im afraid

I know that my chances are very low, but I’ll try it anyway…

I’m a guy, 42, 170 cm (5'7"), live in Germany.

I’m looking for a like-minded girl. The country doesn’t matter, because if such a wonder (that we find each other) does happen, I wouldn’t mind to move even to the end of the world.

So, what can/can’t I offer and what I need:

1. I’m very sensitive, at least for a guy (or what is normally expected from a guy).
It’s not that I’ve a thin skin… It appears that I’ve no skin at all, just an illusion.
If my loved one was in danger, I certainly would fight for her, it’s not even something to ask about or doubt. But the smallest things can hurt deeply me sometimes. It’s hard for me to stomach ugly things, such as casual profanity.

While born male, I’m straight, and you couldn’t find a guy who is LESS attracted to guys than me. But it’s a different story how I feel about myself. While I’m OK with my body as it is, I wonder if I was happier, if I was born as a girl. I guess, I still wouldn’t be attracted to guys and ended up in a happy relationship / marriage with another girl.
Today I listened to a radio show where two moderators (guys) made a lot of jokes about guys being unable to understand girls, and I found them really funny (in a good way). Yet I caught myself often sympathizing with the girls. I guess, with me you’d probably miss some of the fun being different, but gain a greater chance of intuitive connection.

2. I’ve been in suicide forums for 15 years (with long pauses). I believe, that the right to die in dignity is a basic human right, just like the right to live in dignity. I had no suicide attempts so far (and don’t plan any in near future). But I despise with every fiber of my being the practice, that people, who attempted suicide, are forcefully placed in psychiatric hospitals / wards. On the other hand, should I find a significant other, and especially have children, I would certainly not leave them (at least as long I’m not very sick/very old, and I can’t help them much anyway).
You don’t need to have any experience with suicide-related communities, but if you adjudge people for trying to end their lives (aside from leaving behind a child/a loved one or using methods, that put others in danger), then we are not meant for each other.
I’ve posted more on this topic here: http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=11817&pid=678048#pid678048

“The Blue Bottle” (1950) by Ray Bradbury is my favorite story of all times. I’ve read it when I was 11-13, and I felt great empathy with Beck already… ( The full text is easy to find in google, if you search for the first line "The sundials were tumbled into white pebbles." But please consider buying it, if you like it. )

3. Anime has been my fascination, my guide, my religion, my life for over a decade. I don’t want to make it a strict requirement, that you’re an anime fan, but if you dislike anime (or the fact, that I’m an avid anime fan), probably we’re not on the same wave length.

I was never with a girl, didn't even kiss a girl. It would be nice if you’re as innocent as me, but it's not a “must have”.
I see it as an advantage especially because one can guarantee 100% to have no STD of any kind.

I’ve an average build, brown hair & eyes.
I guess, I look rather cute than handsome, rather young for my age.
I’m Caucasian, I’m fine with any race.

I consider myself quite stable, but it wouldn’t scare me away if you had some severe disorder (as long as we can connect).
Scars shouldn’t be a problem for me either (though I hope, you wouldn’t need to cut anymore, once we get together).

I don’t smoke & drink at all, never did, but I don't really mind if you’re a smoker or/and a drinker.
Though in case of heavy drinking I would be worried, that it might hurt our relation and our children.

Even though I’m not attracted to guys at all, I wouldn’t mind to watch some Bishounen / Shounen Ai / soft Yaoi or Yaoi innuendo anime (such as Loveless or even Free!) with you, as long you don’t mind watching some Shoujo Ai / Yuri with me ^_-
In general, I prefer sci-fi + dark / sad + kawaii anime, but there're many exceptions.
And even if I'm not fond of certain anime - see my note to Yaoi ^^

I also like RL sci-fi movies/series, especially Star Trek movies, Star Trek TNG & DS9, Alien 1...4, Dune (1984), Space: Above and Beyond, The Happening, Knowing.

While I rarely play games nowdays (too busy), I wish, we could play some MMORPG together.
I posted some youtube links in my Intro thread, and the second one is even relevant to this post…
http://www.alonelylife.com/showthread.php?tid=33278

Please don’t hesitate to PM me, even if this post is few months or even years old.
I've been alone forever (literally), and there's a good chance, that I'm still free whenever you're reading it.
I’ve Email notifications for PMs enabled.

• I'm a 20 year old female
  • I have brown skin, brown eyes
  • I have thick hair that LOVES to brake combs and it has a mixture of colors in it which are red,blonde,orange, and a bunch of different shades of browns ( its all natural but you can only really see all the colors in sunlight.)
  • I am fat but i'm trying to lose weight
  • I consider myself ugly but ben told I look pretty or nice
  • I'm a introvert, shy, 100% clumsy
  • I live in Indiana
  • I have no friends
  • I live with my mother and younger brothers.
  • I help home school my brothers, my mother is in a wheelchair so I don't work but I help my mother with everything
  • I'm also working on my education
  • I love to read, learn new things but hate to do it by myself, and I love all kinds of music
  • I don't really know what I would like in a person per say unless you're willing to read a couple of my favorite romance books. LOL! Just kidding!
  • I have no experience with guys or relationships whatsoever

I would love to have a boyfriend but if I can't have or find one than I would love to have some friends!
:D

I'm a guy, 26 years old, caucasian, 5'7, grey eyes, salt / pepper hair. I'm from New York City and I am employed. I guess I could say that I'm passionate about personal growth. I like to write and keep a journal. I'm self aware. I have goals and places where I want to be. I'm constantly thinking about how I can improve my life for the better and about opening new doors. I secretly have a desire to get the most that I can out of life, despite my personal circumstances.

I also have my fair share of flaws. I'm lonely and have been for quite some time. I'm also kind of shy, and am recovering from years of being sheltered. I'm finding myself, and finding my own voice / sense of independence.

One of my favorite quotes is: "fear is not your enemy it is a compass pointing to the areas where you need to grow".

I don't want to misrepresent myself, I'm not this confident guy who goes out and gets what he wants and is brave and takes life by the horns and all that jazz. I'm not. I struggle with shyness, and I'm not very good with dealing with high levels of stress. But inside of me is a person who wants to live life, and grow. I'd like to share this person with you.

If you like what you've read, or you would just like to chat, send me a private message.

I am 26 year guy living in UK
Interested in dating with female.
Will discuss more..:p Pm me or email.

• I'm 48 age old female.
  • I have long blue hair and brown eyes.
  • I'm caucasian, 166 cm tall (65.4 in) and have 67 kg (147 lbs).
  • I'm divorced, no kids, alone for almost 5 years.
  • Work at high school as a teacher. I'm art teacher and academic sculptor. I do my own artwork as well.
  • I like nature very much. Practice mountaneering a lot, also running, cycling etc ...
  • I like art, photography, reading books, good movies, gardening, doing things, decorating ...
  • I'm very sensitive, open, sincere.
  • I like to laugh.
  • I like to listen Massive Attack, Gottan Project, The Cranberries, Garbage, The Knife, Clan of Xymox , Trentemoller, U2, Linkin Park , The XX, Coldplay, And also the trees, Royksopp ... etc, etc ...
  • I like this directors for example: Takeshi Kitano, Lars von Trier, Quentin Tarantino, Jean-Jacques Beineix ... and others.
  • I love to cuddle very much. :)
  • I live in Croatia - Europe. But I could go live somewhere else, if things go that way. ;)

I'm 46 years old and have been lurking on this site for a few years without posting anything. Social anxiety exists over the internet, too (at least for me). Just the mere fact that I'm writing this takes me out of my comfort zone. Could that be why this forum is considered "dead"?

I've been married twice. Both women were much more extroverted than me so, in time, the relationships failed. Nobody's fault. It's hard for people to understand how difficult it is for an introverted person to spend time "out there" and that could become a difficulty in "mixed" relationships. But, you know that already. :)

While this is odd to say, I've always wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone who shares my enjoyment of quiet places. It's a contentment that I've never experienced.... Yet.

migima said:
  • I'm 48 age old female.
  • I have long blue hair and brown eyes.
  • I'm caucasian, 166 cm tall (65.4 in) and have 67 kg (147 lbs).
  • I'm divorced, no kids, alone for almost 5 years.
  • Work at high school as a teacher. I'm art teacher and academic sculptor. I do my own artwork as well.
  • I like nature very much. Practice mountaneering a lot, also running, cycling etc ...
  • I like art, photography, reading books, good movies, gardening, doing things, decorating ...
  • I'm very sensitive, open, sincere.
  • I like to laugh.
  • I like to listen Massive Attack, Gottan Project, The Cranberries, Garbage, The Knife, Clan of Xymox , Trentemoller, U2, Linkin Park , The XX, Coldplay, And also the trees, Royksopp ... etc, etc ...
  • I like this directors for example: Takeshi Kitano, Lars von Trier, Quentin Tarantino, Jean-Jacques Beineix ... and others.
  • I love to cuddle very much. :)
  • I live in Croatia - Europe. But I could go live somewhere else, if things go that way. ;)

[First of all, I'm in high school.]
You sound amazingly cool! I obviously can't say I'd date you, but you could be my soulmom :p I hope you find someone as rad as yourself~

ninako said:
You sound amazingly cool! I obviously can't say I'd date you, but you could be my soulmom :p I hope you find someone as rad as yourself~

And how is your life in high school? Do you enjoy? :) Do you love your teachers? ;) Be gentle with them. Our kids here can sometimes be so rude. :(
And thank you very much dear Ninako. :)

Shhhhh said:
While this is odd to say, I've always wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with someone who shares my enjoyment of quiet places. It's a contentment that I've never experienced.... Yet.

Do you have kids Shh? Just asking ...
What is for you this "out there"? What are the places you don't like?
Is a going to restaurant, in theather, cinema or in a bar problem for you?
And which quiet places do you prefer, for instance?
Bye! :)

Ha I hate school. My teachers are great, but most other kids are terrible. I actually like being at work more than school, and I work in fast food.

ninako said:
Ha I hate school. My teachers are great, but most other kids are terrible. I actually like being at work more than school, and I work in fast food.

Ha, ha, I understand. :)
So, you must be a good one. :)
Hm, going to high school and work? Interesting. But it is not a ful time job, isn't it?

Nooo just 2-4 days a week, no more than 8 hours a day. I actually get the most hours out of the underage employees.

Hi Migima,

No, I don't have any kids. I never really wanted any. I think this is partially due to being an only child. I can appreciate children, but the desire to have one of my own never bubbled up to the surface. I remember when I was in my 20s, I was always told that I'd change my mind someday.... I'm still waiting for that someday.

Could I ask why you don't have children? It's rare to find someone my age who is childless like me.

My need for quiet is not all encompassing. I enjoy going to restaurants (even though my favorite restaurant, Millennium in SF, is closing down). :( Theaters? Sure. Add a museum and a talk by some notable nerd, and I'm a happy introvert.

I don't enjoy bars unless we're talking about a Martini lounge where it's quiet enough to hear eachother talk. I have found over the years that it's the excess of stimulation that causes anxiety in me not the number of people around me.

Once exception to the rule is music concerts. I love live music, but I don't go enough since I have so few friends and so diverse musical tastes. Music is music and I don’t really have a favorite genre.

When I said “out there”, I was referring to staying out until 2am dancing and drinking. Or worse, a party with a group of people I don’t know. Ugh. I enjoy small get togethers with one or two other people. More than that and it’s considered a chore for me.

I love the picture of you in front of the mountains. They remind me of my own Sierra Nevada range. Like you, I’m an avid hiker.

Do you sail? You live in a prime sailing area. I’m jealous. :) I've grown up around boats. Believe it or not, I was a sailing instructor in high school so sailing has always been a passion of mine.

PM me if you’d like to chat. I’d like to know more about you.

migima said:
ninako said:

And how is your life in high school? Do you enjoy? :) Do you love your teachers? ;) Be gentle with them. Our kids here can sometimes be so rude. :(
And thank you very much dear Ninako. :)

Shhhhh said:

Do you have kids Shh? Just asking ...
What is for you this "out there"? What are the places you don't like?
Is a going to restaurant, in theather, cinema or in a bar problem for you?
And which quiet places do you prefer, for instance?
Bye! :)

Hi Migima, your PM is disabled.

I'm Female 35, single, never married and no kids. I live in the northeast (US.)
Some of this is redundant from my new here post, but I enjoy art, music (indie), NPR, talking about social issues, nonfiction books, food/wine and people with a sardonic sense of humor. I write music (singer/songwriter type stuff), play a little guitar, sing, write (lyrics, nonfiction/humor, screenplays) and I love road trips with the perfect playlist soundtrack. I love browsing locally owned record stores and bookshops.

4247_88582341464_6828742_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back