All the single people..all the single people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure. I can get in the spirit of this.

I'm 34 and I live in Malden, M.A.

I'm 5'9", proportionate weight, shaved head, and wear glasses. Oh, and two tattoos.

I'm new here and I understand it's not a dating site but hey, the thread was there.

I guess I just wish I could meet a woman (I am a guy) who sort of gets it. That weird inability to make a connection and is able to accept that I am not nor will I ever be the life of the party. Also, that she can accept that I don't go to a lot of parties.

What I do like: I'm a Sci-fi/comic book geek. I do like going to concerts (though I hate the fact that I'm always alone) and the last one I went to was They Might Be Giants.

That's it. I'd type more but I'm thinking this post is long enough.

hi there, my name's Simeon (sometimes jess) i am 27 and in the UK, i'm male with very long natural brown hair blue eyes a young face for my age and i'm not really too sure how tall i am, i have a little bit of a belly but its only noticable in a tight tshirt really im a cuddly build but not over weight by a long stretch (i have nothing against larger folk and i actually prefer women with a few extra pounds even a lot of extra pounds is just more of you to snuggle up to and hug)

i'm a real snuggle addict and find it absolutely blissful to just be holding someone and being held, i can't get enough snugglidge, im not pushy about it though i just am happy to snuggle whenever and all day if you like :p

i'm half english half irish, i have photographs of me as both male and female on the photographs thread, i am gender fluid but 99% of the time to avoid harassment in the street i usually dress male and am in male mode a lot of the time but i embrace my masculinity and femininity equally.
im both individualistic, logical and a critical thinker as well as empathetic, caring and in touch with my emotions.

i am looking for a female partner preferably as i have had bad experiences with male partners but if you are a sensitive empathetic compassionate guy that can be there for me i would be interested in getting to know you too ^_^

im pansexual so i also have no problem with transgender folk, in fact i have been in the past in an online relationship with a girl who was transitioning and we had a great very close relationship and i do find many transvestite/transexual people attractive so don't be shy...really i'll get to know anyone with the posibility of romance that is genuinely empathetic and compassionate but my preference would be a lady of any age. or a 'tgirl'

i must admit to having a 'thing' for women with dyed red hair or natural red heads but its not particularly important.

i yearn to help people and bring empathy and compassion in to their lives, its all i want out of life and with those i love; i love unconditionally, whatever flaws or past you may have doesn't bother me its about who you really are inside this flesh suit we inhabit to be here.

im quite in touch with my emotions and am very empathetic as i have been through some horrific things and have had psychological and physical pain for years and it has given me a huge heart for anyone feeling low, depressed, lonely, or even suicidal or anyone in pain, when i enter a relationship i commit myself fully to it and always take that leap of faith and once ive got to know and trust someone i am very loyal, i do not want to try ANY polygamous type relationship i take monogamy and loyalty to those i hold precious and dear very seriously.

i do have depression, anxiety issues and other things but that doesnt mean i'm going to be a downer or unloading that on you all the time, to be honest im mostly depressed at the moment due to loneliness and found im never depressed when talking to or with the person i've let hold my heart so its likely my mood would greatly improve

i have my own complex spirituality that i would say is close to 'primitive' shamanism (although i believe that way of life is how we should be living and 'primitive' tribes i have noticed have very close bonds with everyone, live in tune with nature and are stable and can cohesively last forever if left be.
i see the way our world works based on who can claw their way to the top and step on as many people as you can to get money to be the 'primitive' inhumane system but in terms of spirituality shamanism is the closest word i can use but i couldn't define it as a particular religion or doctrine it is from my own self introspection and much thought on the nature of human spirituality.ie derived from my intuition about spirituality.

my hobbies are reading quite a bit, watching eclectic shows that i like on streaming video sites, many are not main stream and mostly unknown, i like pencil drawing, writing cathartic poetry among other things

i like to research the real story of the events going on in this world, i read a lot of philosophy, pharmacology, geopolitics, history, i am on disability benefit but im by no means lacking in money to buy you gifts, go on trips with you etc...i like to give those im in a relationship with surprise little gifts and make them romantic drawings, poems and just things to show my love as i am overflowing with love and empathy and i've no one to share it with, im hoping theres someone reading who would like to share that with me :)

i'm more the indoor type i much prefer snuggling indoors and prefer winter to summer.

im not in to going out to crowded places like cinemas etc but i do like taking nature walks and having someone to just talk about anything and everything i like watching birds and animals and love how crazy the ducks go when you throw them some food hehe

you're welcome to contact me via pm to start to get in touch...i dont know if i'm allowed to openly give out my skype or email address but i dont rush things i'd be very happy with a caring friend and you never know where love may blossom.

um oh i live in England, Cambridgeshire in a small village called somersham about a 20 min drive from Huntington and and 45 minutes drive to Cambridge...or probably a bit more.

i am interested in long distance and an in person connection to someone (i really would prefer an in person relationship but if i find love and they're a long way away i do everything i can to keep a close connection), i'm happy just to start talking and see where life leads us really, romance doesn't necessarily need to be on your mind, if you're lonely or hurting just drop me a pm; i like to try to support anyone i can.

things of possible interest about me:

*i have always felt hundreds of years old
*i was accepted in to Mensa when i was 16 but never went to any meetings
*i have a fun kinky side and am adventurous but, im perfectly happy in a relationship without any kinkyness if you aren't in to that, i just find some things fun ;) nice things trust me :D
*i have a black belt in Bushido shotokan karate and am good at Jeet Kune Do and not too bad at wing Chung
*go look at Nietzsche's moustache...i am amazed by that thing! it should have been preserved or something, its one of my favorite things to look at
*i have a sonic screwdriver that lights up and makes the noise lol i do have to admit to loving doctor who and moffat and mark gattis' modern day sherlock
*i love comedy, usually a bit weird comedy like the mighty boosh, the league of gentlemen, (again love everything mark gattis is involved in) umm i like good mythical morning on youtube, red dwarf, the armando ianucci show, jam, big train, brass eye, nathan barley, man stroke woman, wrong door and others
*as a child i couldn't feel the cold and could easily walk around in shorts and tshirt in the snow and ice for hours and be perfectly fine without even getting a chill!
*i used to have a photographic memory, its still semi photographic

if you think you might like to strike up a conversation with me you are very welcome to do so :) via personal message on here... , then we can stay talking there or text chat on skype or whatever you feel comfortable with.
i look forward to hearing from you.

i ordinarily wouldn't go on about myself like this but the whole point is to show others your personality and who you are to see if they may take a shine to you so its kinda unavoidable here.

*big group hug to all the lonely single folk*...its not easy sometimes is it?

im really sorry if i embaressed you legato...

i just was going with the spirit of this thread and didn't think it'd be crossing a line to ask your orientation um but i see you took your photo down and everything and i really didn't intend to make you feel uncomfortable or something like that and feel like you shouldn't have your post up.

and thats a good photo and post the ladies will be all over you so...im sorry if im the cause of you feeling uncomfortable and removing your post, just im pansexual and people aren't saying whether they are gay or strait or what and without saying so i can see that confusing lgbt people like it has here, well im confused anyway.

i will remove my post if it's making you uncomfortable mate

i did in my original post make a request that for the sake of not causing confusion and embaresment and awkward situations for lgbt people that folk mention their orientation otherwise i dont know who to approach if i like them and they're not 'on the right team' and ive obviously caused someone to feel uncomfortable already....this is just a request to other posters but yeah im pansexual and this has already kind of backfired on me without people saying where there orientation is :s

i'll just move on and try my best i guess, but gimme a hand here please? theres 27 pages and theres going to be people i take a shine to...thats the point and i forsee further future faux may happen again

Hey everyone, my name is Doug and I live in the state of Indiana. In my spare time I like to fish, camp, look for antiques, hang out with friends, and write poetry. To describe myself I have brown hair, blue eyes, 5 ft 8 and about average weight. I've lost a lot since I walk almost 15 miles a day at my job. I'm attracted to women.

My perfect match is someone that has a cool personality and sense of humor. My perfect match is also someone that will be my best friend first, someone that is caring, honest and trustworthy. My perfect match doesn't have to like the same things as me because I'm always willing to try new things if they are.

I attached a picture so feel free to check it out

jales said:
Hey,

I know this is not a dating site but I met my husband here. And it is kind of upsetting reading thread after thread of people complaining..

I can't get a girl..
Or my ex was a jack to me..

So I'm starting this thread. Not sure if anyone did a thread like this before.

If you are single and interested in dating another lonely person. Post in this thread.

In your post say something about yourself. Say where you live, what you like etc.. Say if you are looking for a male or a female and tell them how to contact you.. ie via email or PM or phone or whatever suits you.

And guys dont be shy to talk to the girls who post.

I hope all singles who are intrested in meeting someone who is lonely and who understands loneliness will post.

Also just wanted to say.. long distance does work. I know so many couples who met online and are very happy today. When my husband and I met I was living in Jamaica (Caribbean) and he was living in Holland (Europe).. and we met right here at alonelylife.com

And our relationship is amazing.. It can work.. and you can meet someone.

I hope you all post, and I hope you all meet.

Attachments

• doug.bmp
    37.2 KB · Views: 21
just gonna reiterate this because this exact problem DID cause embarrassment, confusion and the user felt they had to take their post down because of it as did i and i can see it confusing other pansexual or lgbt people too, this isn't addressed at anyone in particular but will avoid very embarrassing problems that have already happened to me in this thread:

+-
this is what i wrote above, i have a small request i ask of those posting please say 'what team you're on or please at least subtly allude to it like 'id like a guy with...' or 'i'd like to find a trans person whos kind and caring' even slipped in somewhere helps a lot because everyone's saying they're looking for a 'person' with x, y and z qualities but wont say which gender they are looking for often, for example i like doogans post but he never says if hes looking for a man or a woman no offense doogan its just if i liked you i wouldn't know if you're looking for a man or a woman by your post

'i did in my original post make a request that for the sake of not causing confusion and embaresment and awkward situations for lgbt people that folk mention their orientation otherwise i dont know who to approach if i like them and they're not 'on the right team' and ive obviously caused someone to feel uncomfortable already....

this is just a request to other posters but yeah im pansexual and this has already kind of backfired on me very embarrassingly (its all deleted now) but without people saying where their sexual orientation is im lost in here as to who i can approach as i like men women and trans people and some men find it very awkward to be told another man is attracted to them and asking their orientation but i dont have much choice if no one will say ya know?:s

i'll just move on and try my best i guess, but gimme a hand here please? theres 27 pages on this t
hread and im bound to find someone else attractive, throw me a bone here please folks!'

I'm attracted to people I'm attracted to. Like that? lol
I understand where you're coming from and asking for clarification in a "looking for" sense I wouldn't think would be too much. But I'm also not in a position where I feel harassed because of my sexual orientation. Asking people to identify themselves though would be kind of ridiculous.

Hi, My name is Tia, Im 25 and I live in England.
I have shoulder length brown hair, blue eyes, Im rather chubby and very shy.
Im attracted to men. I live in the countryside and enjoy going for long walks. I watch a lot of TV, I like shows like The Vampire Diaries, The Tomorrow people, The Big Bang Theory, Impact Wrestling, NCIS and some others.

If anyone wants to chat or even just be friends, feel free to message me

My names bill im 22 6'1 195 lbs. I dont get hit on a whole lot but I've been told im least interesting looking.

I myself would say im bi. I like to think though that im a partier who likes to experiment.

Indifferent said:
I'm attracted to people I'm attracted to. Like that? lol
I understand where you're coming from and asking for clarification in a "looking for" sense I wouldn't think would be too much. But I'm also not in a position where I feel harassed because of my sexual orientation. Asking people to identify themselves though would be kind of ridiculous.

I'm sorry but it really did cause confusion, embarrassment etc for BOTH parties involved and i never asked people to trumpet it off the rooftops or anything and make a big deal that's the last thing i want, i hate all that stuff where people shove their preferences down your throat but all i asked was for those who wish to VOLUNTARILY do so to give us LGBT folk a small little hand, just a subtle but sufficient hint so i know where i stand.

i'm just asking for things like tiny references saying the word 'woman' once, just that would have stopped what i mentioned happening and would have prevented a quite embarrassing and cringe worthy now deleted faux pas and i really dont feel i'm being at all unreasonable here.

i'm not trying to get everyone to categorize themselves just SOME teeny tiny clue (i notice nuance quite quickly) as to which gender or genders it is youre looking for cause even just having to pm someone to ask can be very awkward, and i genuinely have had guys who said they were disgusted by me JUST ASKING via pm.

so i dont think asking folk to help the LGBT community by discretely showing who they like on the gender spectrum to prevent all the other shy LBGT people from getting confused in the future too is in any way unreasonable or an unfair request.

ive tried pm'ing as well and i get the same problem, some men just dont want to hear another man is attracted to them so even pming when i dont know is tricky!

and i've seen your posts and i think you're a nice kind person, so this is not me arguing with you i am delicately and trying to politely as possible to discuss with you why i feel my small voluntary request isnt all that unreasonable :)

-hug-, i dont get in to silly forum fights and i am not starting one, i am simply politely disagreeing with you.

when i feel i need to clarify and comment i do kindly and respectfully voice my difference of opinion.

all the best.
simeon

Forum dating seems to have become more complicated.
I could be wrong here, but I think most people that don't state their precise intentions in this thread are straight. Also, if I'm not mistaken, most people give hints and clues in their other posts on the forum. If the only thread you are going to pay attention to what the members say is this one, why not go to a dating site?

Just my thoughts, of course. I mean no offense to anyone.

I'm getting out of a two year relationship. I'm 27 and female from the USA. I have Skype if anyone would like to voice chat. Please private message me if interested :)

um i didnt just look at one page and go off on a propaganda rant im not an idiot, i did read all the posts, all of them. and many did leave out who or what they wanted, especially the men who i think generally find approaching women and potential partners of any gender a bit daunting.

i feel who i am and my intentions and attempts to word things as compassionately and empathetically as i could are being massively misunderstood and infact, completely unknown here so...

im staying out of this thread openly from now on because i have had one abusive in person girlfriend and one soul mate who i utterly loved with all my heart and got in to massive debt to regularly be with her as she lived in America and i'm in England and then she ended up getting chronic pain, it was horrific to watch then she killed herself and that's almost the entirety of my romantic experience, except this horrible 'boyfriend' i have that barely talks to me but i stay with him coz maybe once every 2 years he visits me and ill get hugged for a couple days and i just i wouldn't get that at all from anyone otherwise without him that i accidentally but, maybe not THAT accidentally split up with a few weeks ago, i am not at all upset by it as the guy treated me like crap and I'm happy to make a new start...

so its a very hard thing for me to approach someone i like because i have to leave all that behind and focus on them if i am to find anyone else and so i feel that i am being vastly misunderstood in my attempts to openly have some kinda clue from people.

that's why i wanted clarification as its just SO hard for me to do this but i do have rivers and infinite oceans of love, nurturing, caring, compassion and empathy for pretty much everyone bottled up to share with someone and...i can't seem to find anyone who wants to share that with me.

so ill just try to muddle along quietly trying to PM people because i think im only going to be fully understood on a 1 to one basis.

thanks for whoever started this thread though...genius

i know that seems long but really i just read that in 2 minutes out loud and its pretty much what you'd say in a brief conversation in real life, i think the instancy of the internet has made people so use to everything being shortened, abbreviated, sped up and with just short bits of information in one sentence that some have forgotten that to explain things people used to hand write long letters that took them hours and you'd read thick long books to know whats going on in the world instead of the fast which snaps of information that you can easily find yourself guzzling on the internet, i see the internet as somewhat of a double edged sword

I don't see what the big deal is unless you are interested in the person. If someone excludes a piece of information that is up to them, not to be pressured into giving. If you are that curious then may I suggest PM'ing the person (cause this site does have that feature) and ask them privately.

ladies if you're interested you'd best get your skates on, i'm rapidly becoming less single! theres 2 girls after me already on facebook

you'll always get love, compassion, warmth, empathy, and understanding if you want to try out that journey with me, you never know...it could be amazing, you don't know if you don't try it :)

I'm too eccentric to have a girlfriend, or an actual friendship for that matter.

Latest posts

Back