All the single people..all the single people.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my experience, LDR doesn't work at all. I'd steer clear of it if I was you.

Well Ill take a shot at it, and please. No LDR. im 16 (yea, im younger than most of you), male, lonely. and live just outside of chicago (suburb of wilmette). well PM me, and we can talk on skype. or something.... well hope this thread makes someone happy. but it most likely wont be me.

Maybe I should try... Although this thread looks inactive. :p LDRs can work in my opinion.

So I'm 17.
I'm female.
I live in North Carolina, USA
I'd prefer someone who lives in the USA. Bonus points if you're on the east coast. :3
I love anime, manga, drawing, day dreaming, writing, kittens, and birds.
I don't like describing my looks, I think I posted my picture in a post your picture forum on here. :p
If you're interested, you can email or PM me. :)

I'm interested in meeting other people in their 20's who went their whole teenage years alone with no friends and people who were shut-ins. Those are the people I relate to the best. Over the last year or 2 I realized there are lots of them out there who hide away in the real world but online they aren't afraid to express themselves and their feelings.

Eternal Optimist said:
Sometimes relationships can make you feel far more lonely than you ever did on your own. Especially if you already find it difficult to connect to people. I have twenty years worth of various length relationships behind me, and every single one of them made me feel lonely and miserable! Think I'll stick to being free and single :)

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

remember:

marriage = funeral.
Your life after marriage as you once knew it, will never be the same. ..
Marry in haste, repent in leisure ...
love (for most part) = trouble!

Source: Myself, been there done that.

firebird85 said:
I'm interested in meeting other people in their 20's who went their whole teenage years alone with no friends and people who were shut-ins. Those are the people I relate to the best. Over the last year or 2 I realized there are lots of them out there who hide away in the real world but online they aren't afraid to express themselves and their feelings.

I spent my entire first 16 years inside a house without any contact except with my parents :p

17 year old girl, live in the chicagoland area. single
Going to college in the fall, probably somewhere in the east coast. I am interested in studying philosophy, and psychology. Might go premed.
I have a lot of people in my life, but none that I feel really close to. I have had a few relationships, but i have always ended them short. maybe just the wrong people. who knows? I'm not really looking for a relationship so much as a connection.
I like to watch movies, run, read, talk about ideas and other stuff
pm me

26/m

I'm sort of a fitness geek and I'm looking into doing a few triathlons this year. I work nights as a dispatcher/account manager at a small airline. Pretty much I tell pilots what to do, make sure they have the right people or cargo, enough fuel, and other logistical things.

Musically I'm into rock, electronica, and all that is strange and obscure.

I'm looking for a woman around my age or younger who lives in or around Texas. Someone who is also into fitness is a plus.

(Search the "Lets see the Faces!!!" thread if you want to see my mug)

PM, if you dare.

I am 23 Years Old, male and I live in London.

It would be good to hear from people in the UK but also from other countries as well.

I am into 60's and 70's music mostly, as well as factual TV programmes and comedies.

I also enjoy architecture, sightseeing drawing and photography.

Anyone that wants to talk, PM me :)

I am 29 and looking for someone I could talk to. I live in US, Louisiana.

I like music, almost everything from rock to classic, photography, and literature.

Be glad to hear from you. :)

Hi! Im a 24 year old female, living in the North West.Im about 5"5, slim, long brown hair, brown eyes. Maybe im a tad optimistic, but would love to meet a guy on here! Never had a 'proper' relationship before, not by choice, but thats just the way it goes ;) PM me if you wanna chat!

My long-distance relationship did not work. I was in love. But I rarely got to see him. This went on for years and I was SO unhappy, heartbroken all the time. It didn't help my loneliness. I just wished he was near and that I had girlfriends to turn to when he hopped into a cab to catch a train home.

I'm sorry to be such a downer on this thread! I know some LD relationships do work, I just wasn't lucky enough. Think if I did it again I'd just want it to be casual, so it wouldn't hurt so much...

Anyone wants a bud =P, I'm 22, female, from UK, a fiery damsel but very sweet, friendly, compassionate, open-minded, good sense of humour I think, like rock, pop, some RnB, love reading, like all sorts of movies, some anime, and I like kawaii (Japanese cute stuff). I also like piercings and tattoos though I only have two piercings myself lol. I want to be a writer, though I'm a real lost soul and very unsure about my future. I have social anxiety and don't leave the house that often, because I'm self-conscious in public.

:D

Oh yeah, I don't think I'm very pretty. Lol.

FieryDamsel said:
My long-distance relationship did not work. I was in love. But I rarely got to see him. This went on for years and I was SO unhappy, heartbroken all the time. It didn't help my loneliness. I just wished he was near and that I had girlfriends to turn to when he hopped into a cab to catch a train home.

I'm sorry to be such a downer on this thread! I know some LD relationships do work, I just wasn't lucky enough. Think if I did it again I'd just want it to be casual, so it wouldn't hurt so much...

Anyone wants a bud =P, I'm 22, female, from UK, a fiery damsel but very sweet, friendly, compassionate, open-minded, good sense of humour I think, like rock, pop, some RnB, love reading, like all sorts of movies, some anime, and I like kawaii (Japanese cute stuff). I also like piercings and tattoos though I only have two piercings myself lol. I want to be a writer, though I'm a real lost soul and very unsure about my future. I have social anxiety and don't leave the house that often, because I'm self-conscious in public.

:D

Oh yeah, I don't think I'm very pretty. Lol.

I really like you already. You sound a little like a female version of me in a vague sense, minus Anime love. I don't personally care for it...though kawaii does make me go pretty googly eyed. Whenever I see girls get dressed up in Kawaii style and start bopping around...its like some strange confused state somewhere between awwwwwww and aroused. I think guys get scared of it since women being uber cute and playful/childish is such an alien thing in some areas of Western culture, where they try to act "adult" by drinking at bars and imitating Paris Hilton/Lady Gaga/Britney Spears in their fashion sense.

I'm over in Australia, so veeeery little chance of us ever meeting up, but hell I'd love a chat buddy or an e-mail pall regardless. I'll PM you with my e-mail address. I'm sure you aren't as ugly as you think. Or maybe you're just fishing for compliments? :D

I'm 22....shy....not very outgoing.....I like Literature, Psychology, Philosophy, Medieval European History.....which makes me sound really boring and stuffy I know......but I'm not.....not very much.....only just slightly....very very slightly.......what else can I say.....hmm......I like animals, I don't have a pet....but I'd love to get a cat......anyway if you want to chat or anything, feel free to PM me here. :)

Looks like mostly everyone here is young. 49 years old from Canada. Like anime, music-techno, rock pop, contemporary, video/computer games, going to the beach, camping, nature walks. I'm really shy and have problems making conservation.

ohsoalone said:
Screw it, I'm 2/3 the way through a bottle of canadian club (it's friday! :)) , I'm a pothead (trying to change that), smoker (could quit that too), vego, 26 yr old dude in melbourne aus, any takers? At this stage I'd be happy with a girl willing to spend any time with me, holding hands would be enough, anything beyond that I don't have much experience anyway. So?.....
U gimme jokes and seem like the kind of person I would get along with, PM me whenever you want funny guy ;)

43, lives in England, Yorkshire.
Interests - Golf, football, reading, TV, Films, music.

Non drinker and smoker. I am honest, caring with a good sense of humour.

Looking for female friends any age.

New to the forum, but I figure I have nothing to lose so I might as well post in this thread!

I'm a 26-year-old male who lives in the New York City area. I admitted in my posts in the other forums that I'm a goofy geek who no longer wants to be relegated to being the nice-guy friend, heh.

I'm reserved when I'm in a large group, but I can talk for hours and hours if I have a connection with somebody. I'd say I have a witty, dry sense of humor. I admit awful puns (is there any other kind?) and politically incorrect jokes are part of my repertoire. I'm a good listener and friends often come to me for advice.

My interests are admittedly obscure. I'm passionate about horse racing, and I'm lucky enough to work in the industry. I like reading non-fiction, although I've been slacking in this department recently. I like trying different kinds of beers and watching documentaries (usually about science but not always). I listen to a lot of classic rock....if you're a fan of The Beatles, The Who, The Kinks, Bob Dylan, The Ramones, The Clash, or Devo then I'd love to hear from you!

This probably won't get me anywhere, since i'm just looking for friends, maybe a ldr, but primarily just friends. 22, from eastern europe, friendly, tall, hate my voice, more info on my profile :p thanks

Latest posts

Back