All you "miserable" singles...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

askal

I am single.

Therefore I am "miserable". :rolleyes: (errr... or am supposed to be miserable)

Cmon. Do you all have to be "miserable" because you are "single"?

lol I'm crackin up just thinking about the idea that you have to be miserable just because youre single.

Actually no I'm happier single which is why I'm single. :D It's just that I have a problem staying single but this time I'm going to fight harder.
:rolleyes:

askal said:
I am single.  

Therefore I am "miserable".  :rolleyes:  (errr... or am supposed to be miserable)

Cmon.  Do you all have to be "miserable" because you are "single"?  

lol I'm crackin up just thinking about the idea that you have to be miserable just because youre single.

yeah, being single is much better.
i could recall my past being most miserable when i had a girlfriend.
geez! the time and money  i wasted on those girls, when i could have went to the mall or the carnival, alone. or watched a movie, alone. it would have been much better.

but i have to be honest, there are times when i wish i had a girlfriend(again)... but these instances are very, very, very, rare.:p

I am married. I would say that I am happily married, although there are certainly many problems in my marriage. I hope and pray that these problems do not destroy the marriage, and that my husband and I will be able to stick together no matter what. The word 'forever' does scare me, though! I think that nothing really lasts forever. We'll see, only time will tell what the future holds in store for us. I do love my husband. He's a kind and good man.

I would say that being in an unhealthy and/or unhappy relationship, though, is WORSE than being single. With singlehood, you may be lonely from time to time, but at least you are not being abused or mistreated by a mean partner.

who tell you that singles are miserables?

not all singles are miserables and vice versa,

i think "miserable person" who doesn t have someone to share his\her thoughts, spending time together, it is about friends.

it is totally different from being single. although i feel lonely of being single and i wish to have a family, kids, husband. bas dah nassib.

Allah karim

but there's the concept of being a person's kinda priority that is somewhat reassuring. it is miserable not having back rubs or cooked meals from a special someone, once in a while.

Well, Husky, you do have a point. However, you can go to get a massage from a massage therapist if you really need it...where I live you can get one at the mall for 25 bucks for half an hour!

And, you can buy good food in restaurants that is similar to home-style cooking.

you're probably right. sometimes i'm too romantic for my own good. i guess paying for a good meal or a professional massage is a great way to treat yourself... but still, the best treats are from others, when you don't expect it. it's not the same as actively getting something, it's much more blissful. woof.

Hi Husky,

I do agree. Free is best! lol and it's so NICE to have someone prepare a meal for you. I feel so spoiled when someone prepares a meal and brings it to me.

What are you doing to attract some love into your life? What kind of energy are you giving off? How are you taking care of your physical appearance and mental attitude?

:)

I am single. Most of the time I feel miserable, both for being single and both for being so lonely. Sometimes I think that even if I had a gf I wouldn't feel so lonely, but when I read about the experience of married people who feel still lonely I wonder what else could help if not a person who cares for me.
Lately I feel depressed, I got nobody to talk to. Those few friends are always busy and I see them barely but one day per week. Moreover, I don't want to bore them talking about my problems.
I am free, I often travel and meet people (not so willingly, I must say) but I don't stick to anybody else but those 3 or 4 ppl that I trust.
Sorry for this post, I recognize it's just a pointless complaint.

bleh, i wouldn't rely on married people's experience. we live in a new age, constantly. being with someone will not make you healthy. being healthy will get you someone. that's why i'm working on my health; mental, physical, finances, family issues, letting go, etc... slowly, but surely. tough job.

Husky,

What is wrong with married people? (Objection!!!!) I'm married. I love my husband but no marriage is perfect.

Loneliness, I think part of it is internal. And I wish I had some close girlfriends!

keeper said:
I am single. Most of the time I feel miserable, both for being single and both for being so lonely. Sometimes I think that even if I had a gf I wouldn't feel so lonely, but when I read about the experience of married people who feel still lonely I wonder what else could help if not a person who cares for me.
Lately I feel depressed, I got nobody to talk to. Those few friends are always busy and I see them barely but one day per week. Moreover, I don't want to bore them talking about my problems.
I am free, I often travel and meet people (not so willingly, I must say) but I don't stick to anybody else but those 3 or 4 ppl that I trust.
Sorry for this post, I recognize it's just a pointless complaint.
[/quote

i understand what you are talking about keeper, i have here same thing. but what make it different, i that i am not moving to other places, i mean travelling. this is my circle of life, wish to be cut it soon

it's not true....
it's depends of the each person's age... (kind of)
being single at the age of 16.. normal....
being single at the age of 40.. not normal...

it depends...

But NOT being single, i think is the best... ;)

Vortex said:
Sometimes being in a relationship can be much lonelier than being single.

why? being in a relationship gives you a chance to know a person who maybe will live with you forever ( is called LOVE i think ;)
so.. being in a relationship gives you a big chance in life,,,, motivation.... good mood... etc.etc.etc.

Because there's nothing lonelier than being with someone who keeps you lonely by not fulfilling their part of the partnership.

Not all relationships give you "a big change in life, motivation, good mood, etc.". Some take all that away instead.

So in a bad/unhealthy relationship you'll find yourself even more lonely than just being single.

unkn0wn said:
Vortex said:
Sometimes being in a relationship can be much lonelier than being single.

why? being in a relationship gives you a chance to know a person who maybe will live with you forever ( is called LOVE i think ;)
so.. being in a relationship gives you a big chance in life,,,, motivation.... good mood... etc.etc.etc.

Vortex,

You said it! I'm married. I love my husband. He's a kind, good man and yet I find myself lonely. I guess it's because, to be honest, my husband is not really an intellectual. I like to think about the big picture and he's more focused on the mundane aspects of day to day life.

I am still lonely, and there are problems in the marriage. We'll see, I hope it lasts!

Latest posts

Back