Alone Again, and again

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I am blown away that I have resorted to writing on a website about being lonely. I know that I have many things to be happy for and I truly am but for my own personal self (heart) I am not. I have a beautiful child who loves me and relies on me. I am going through a divorce so people say of course you will have your bad days. That is not the problem, I am the one who wanted the divorce. I have been dating some, and think I found someone who really cares. I have found it hard being alone when my child is done for the weekend, all my friends are married or with someone and really don't need the third wheel around. Something must be really wrong with me, I have a good job, I live in a nice place I can afford to feed my child but my heart is so empty. I really can't believe the men I have met, all seem to be only out for one thing and that is not what it is about for me. Happiness comes from within and I know this, I have to be happy with myself first. Does loneliness mean you can not be happy?

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time. The only thing I can say that I've finally realized that happiness is not a perpetual state and that I have to try and ride through the rought times even though it feels like I'm going to die doing it.

Frecconia said:
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time. The only thing I can say that I've finally realized that happiness is not a perpetual state and that I have to try and ride through the rought times even though it feels like I'm going to die doing it.

Thanks for the advise, that is so very true. I do know that life is short and we all have to make the best of it and enjoy all we can.

Guest said:
Frecconia said:

Thanks for the advise, that is so very true. I do know that life is short and we all have to make the best of it and enjoy all we can.

I envy you for making such a major life change. You are very courageous. Think of how many people stay is bad or unhealthy relationships - you're a hero to them because you've made the step to get out. No matter how hard it may get you have to remember that you took the chance and made the hardest decision there is too make.

We all seem to be in the same boat, but under different circumstances. You can also be reaching out to Google with "I'm lonely", having two beautiful children, a great career & home, and a relationship with your wife that is barely cordial. Who would have thought. We all hang on to some degree. For many, that is longer than is necessary. But who knows what truly is "necessary". Sacrifice for the greater good? If you can. It sure takes its toll.

"Something must be really wrong with me?" - That's not necessarily true.

Guys are like that everywhere and it only takes a few of us to get all of us guys portrayed as perverts or jerks.

Latest posts

Back