Am I in the wrong place here?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seahorse said:
I am sorry to have offended so many people. Most of my threads were to engage people in conversation in what I thought was a positive way.
The reality is that the parts of this forum that I find very dark and the parts I find down right childish out weigh the benefits for me personally.
I do sincerely wish every one on here the best.
seahorse

Saying that people need help, while either not realizing or pushing away what type of forum this actually is, was probably not the best way to engage in conversation in a positive way. You say positive, but you seem to be wanting to pick out only the negative. Not sure what exactly you want to find here, but many just want to talk a bit, vent, get things off their chest. Conversation doesn't always come easy to everyone.

My saying people need help was one comment out of frustration. most of my posts and threads are positive. And I have also appologized for offending any one

For me personally I am going off my rocker being alone 24/7 having limited normal conversations with others, preferably in person or on the phone. Normal to me is not shallow, not deep, just an average conversation that comes naturally. Not sarcastic, not childish humor. These are my presences. They may not be others preferences and I respect that. I'm also just frustrated I have things I enjoy but some of which I just can't do by my self.

Seahorse said:
For me personally I am going off my rocker being alone 24/7 having limited normal conversations with others, preferably in person or on the phone. Normal to me is not shallow, not deep, just an average conversation that comes naturally. Not sarcastic, not childish humor. These are my presences. They may not be others preferences and I respect that. I'm also just frustrated I have things I enjoy but some of which I just can't do by my self.

You're only circumstantially lonely so it's temporary, good for you. Just learn from the experience, it is character building? Getting frustrated is all a part of it. Maybe it's a good opportunity to observe how you deal with frustration. Do you usually take it out on the nearest person or maybe on yourself?

BeyondShy said:
Seahorse said:
I trust that The Real Callie will continue to maintain the peace and law and order around here :)

Wrong. She does not maintain the peace and law and order here. She's helpful and observant and points out many things to me that I could work on but a lot of people don't see it that way and would rather fight with her about anything and everything.

I AM THE LAW!!!!

(Totally need to read this in a Sylvester Stallone/Judge Dredd voice or else it loses all it's effectiveness)

:D

Richard_39 said:
I AM THE LAW!!!!

(Totally need to read this in a Sylvester Stallone/Judge Dredd voice or else it loses all it's effectiveness)

:D

That looks like a movie reference. Totally lost on me. But had you said you were the table, I woulda got that instantly.

Fortunately this thread has moved away from my dumb frustrated comments. I've spent a couple of hours this morning looking for jobs, productive yet demoralizing, now going to walk the pooch to the beach and hopefully chit chat with a few people.

BeyondShy said:
Seahorse said:
I trust that The Real Callie will continue to maintain the peace and law and order around here :)

Wrong. She does not maintain the peace and law and order here. She's helpful and observant and points out many things to me that I could work on but a lot of people don't see it that way and would rather fight with her about anything and everything.
I think my biggest fear and reason for lashing out is because I don't want to end up like my best friend. He is extremely intelligent and intellectual, we have a common love of boating. He is or was a private charter boat captain. On his days off we would go boating for fun. Its so beaututiful here in south west Florida. But he also suffers from depression. Some times isolating for weeks or months at a time. I check on him and he calls me a stalker and says vile things to me. Its been six months now, with only a few replies saying he's never leaving his house unless necessary. I miss him very much, but more than that I'm terrified of ending up like that.

Seahorse said:
I think my biggest fear and reason for lashing out is because I don't want to end up like my best friend. He is extremely intelligent and intellectual, we have a common love of boating. He is or was a private charter boat captain. On his days off we would go boating for fun. Its so beaututiful here in south west Florida. But he also suffers from depression. Some times isolating for weeks or months at a time. I check on him and he calls me a stalker and says vile things to me. Its been six months now, with only a few replies saying he's never leaving his house unless necessary. I miss him very much, but more than that I'm terrified of ending up like that.

I'm not sure the extent of his depression - he might not even truly know - but that sounds like it may be a bit more than that. Has he sought any sort of professional help? As much as talking might help many folks, sometimes taking that additional step to gain some professional help is what's really needed.

VanillaCreme said:
Seahorse said:

I'm not sure the extent of his depression - he might not even truly know - but that sounds like it may be a bit more than that. Has he sought any sort of professional help? As much as talking might help many folks, sometimes taking that additional step to gain some professional help is what's really needed.

It is my humble and uneducated observation that the more intelligent or deep thinkers are prone to lonliness and other issues. I have always considered my self a little to the right in the sprectum of shallow versus deep, but now find my self on the edge of the rabbit hole, clinging with one hand hoping for some of the shallow, shiny happy people to pull me back up.

Seahorse said:
I am sorry to have offended so many people. Most of my threads were to engage people in conversation in what I thought was a positive way.
The reality is that the parts of this forum that I find very dark and the parts I find down right childish out weigh the benefits for me personally.
I do sincerely wish every one on here the best.
seahorse

Dark?  Yep you got that one right.  Everybody has their own monsters.  Childish?  Correct again.  I would say even the most high flying presidents, prime ministers, and Fortune 500 CEOs just sometimes want to curl up and suck their thumbs.  Impostor syndrome is real.   Only difference is we here are open and honest about our darkness and childishness.  Embrace it and use it.

I might be a little annoyed with you, Seahorse, but I don't personally diskike you, and I am not about to give up on you.  I'm a scratchy *******, and I will administer tough love when I see fit, but I will stand by you.  So will the others here.

Ugh...I'm going to walk my dog... If I wanted tough tough love or a scratchy ******* I would have adopted one

TheLoadedDog said:
Then fresia off.  Help was offered.  You deemed yourself too good.  Go away.

Ok, that's enough. She didn't deserve that. And she never said she was too good for anyone here.

She implied it strongly enough (actually I thought it was a 'he'). I will go out of my way to help people, but when they rub my nose in the dirt, then I issue some summary justice. You can check back through the thread that I was trying to be helpful. But there comes a point.... I WILL issue some Australian style summary justice, so help me.

TheLoadedDog said:
But there comes a point....    I WILL issue some Australian style summary justice, so help me.

I see you just joined here this month. You won't last long if you out and out threaten someone with summary justice, whatever that may be.

Summary justice is justice administered on the spot, without going to a court of law.  If you speak English you should know this.

I wil last here longer than you, sunshine.  Don't play God.  it does not suit you.  I do not take orders from you.

Um, I think the only people allow to issue "summary justice" are the mods. But yeah, I don't really think that was really necessary.

However, I will say one more thing....Seahorse, it seems like you can give your opinion of things, but you don't seem to think others are allowed to do the same. Sometimes you will hear things you don't want to hear and even things you don't agree with. Comes with the territory of being alive, really. Take what you like and leave the rest.

I am not super tech savvy. Will a moderator please delete this thread and my account on this forum.
Thank you,
seahorse

I'm not sure what the problem is here.

I threw an olive branch to Seahorse. It was tossed back in my face. So yes, I used a bit ol lip. That came back too. So I went to a DEFCON mode. Who wouldn't? I tried to assist this person. I'm not the Bad Guy when it went south.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back