Am I just a complete loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fvantom

Reaction score
its bad enough nobody really notices me or enjoys my company but lately some things happen that have made it so much worse, my oldest friend moved back down to my neighborhood and knows all my "friends" and every time, without fail, they end up liking him more than me, even though Ive known them for years and he just met them last month. Am I that much of a ******* loser??

edit: and its not like this just happened with one group, its happened with several =/

I don't like to be negative on here, but often the right answer is not an easy one.

Maybe there are things about you that people may tend to be a bit off-putting. Try to be objective of yourself, and look at yourself from someone else's perspective. It's easy to victimize yourself, it's much harder to admit your flaws and try to change them. You said that you consistently have your friends take to others better than you...why do you think that happens. And "I don't know" is not an acceptable answer.

I wouldnt worry too much... the new kid always gets the attention, then it stabilises. Happened to my daughter last year. Maybe you shouldnt take it aas a threat and enjoy this new person too.

Nah, it's less that it's to do with you and more that and just that people are fickle.

The newest "coolest" thing that comes along will always grab their attention. It's lame, but I guess that's how it works :\

Think on this if you want mate, when things happen in your life, good or bad, they are reflected in you. The way you talk the way you walk, some good advice has already been given and I see no reason to rehash what I clearly agree with. People can tell, whether they let on or not, when you are unhappy, angry, or even devastatingly sad. It is up to you to make sure that everyone knows that you have a lot to offer and if they dont see it, someone else dang sure will! The world will influence you, but it is up to you to let that affect the way to react to the world. I wish you much happiness and good days ahead!

Tony

This must be really painful for you to have to deal with. I don't for one minute think you are a loser in any way. Maybe your friend has better social skills than you, is more outgoing and more confident? You sound like an introvert, like me, and we tend to be overlooked.

but thats the problem, Im not actually an introvert, thats what makes it worse, I want to be more extroverted but Ive been stuck this way for a long time and its not what I want.

...It's not because people do not take interest in you that you are a looser first of all.
the other people that posted before me said the most of it, and i do not have much to add, except that if your friends are that easily turned away from you, maybe you should find new friends.

I'ts not always the people you know since the longest that you are the best friends you know. People get comfortable together after a while sure, even if they are not that compatible. Try becoming the new thing in another social group maybe, put yourself out their man, your life is in your own hands. Start taking tango lessons or something, you will meet plenty of people. and keep on meeting new people until you find a few that really stick, after that, keep meeting more people.

Latest posts

Back