Am I really a loser?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter8910

Reaction score
So here I am - how desperate can one get going to a "Lonely" website? Am late 50's (but with a 20 year old's mind - hehe!), highly successful in my career but as lonely as all hell. Spent most of my career dedicated to getting several degrees and making a success of my job - to the extent I never developed any relationships or married. And now I find myself desperately lonely - I dread the weekends as I don't know what to do with myself (hehe - all my filing is up to date, my cupboards are clean and tidy -- hehe) other than some creative cooking which I then sit and eat by myself in front of the TV! Anyone want to e-mail me an say hi - might even lead to a chat on line sometime? I would appreciate it! And hey, you other lonelies out there - ur not alone!! Have a good one guys. Peter

You are definitely not a looser! I cannot see how...

I think everyone has mind that is still young, some show it more than others. I know I will always be a little kid inside.

Its never to late to do what you want to do, find someone or people to be friends with or even get into a relationship!

One thing I have seen and heard about is people getting caught up in their jobs. Spending their time and effort in their job and not having time for a relationship. There are very demanding jobs out there, which in this stone age need to be filled, someone needs to do the job.
But I guess there are probably people out there that don't feel the need to be in a relationship to enjoy life. Just some friends, hobby(s) and a pet...?

Everyone needs to be loved, one way or another. Go out there and join a club and learn something new... chess? bike riding? list is endless. Put your mind to it and you can DO ANYTHING! And do not be afraid to go into the unknown!

Samuel

Id like to just keep it in the forum, so everyone can have a read and give input.

Two Italian Greyhounds, I have heard of Greyhounds, but Italian in particular, no :) My current choice of dog is a German Shepherd.

I am currently doing and electrical apprenticeship. 4 years all together, 3 years at I guess you could say College. The 4th year is just working.
Overall it is ok. I never wanted to go to University after school.
I think the amount of work I am doing at the moment is enough for me. I have been back after holidays for 3 weeks now and I have a tonne of study to do. More now than in the past year and a half. I will only study on Mon, Tues and Thursday afternoons / night. I like my weekends free and Wednesday is the day I go to College, enough for 1 day!
I like my own time in the afternoons and weekends to do what I want and do it when I want. But I know in another 2.5 years ill be finished and won't need to study. But I will have a trade behind me.

There's a bit of info on me in this section, but I should add some more. But not tonight. Maybe tomorrow :\

Samuel

Hi Peter, and welcome :)

If you want to say hi to some of us you should go into the A Lonely Life Chatroom. And no, you're not a loser :)

Note that upon entering the chatroom for the first time, you will need to be made a member (blue icon) in order for your messages to show up.
Simply change your chat name (by clicking on it) to your "A Lonely Life" username, and a moderator will enable your ID.

Welcome Peter, i'm glad you decided to join us.

Hello Peter,

For sure you are not a loser. I think the fact that you are highly successful in your career speaks for itself :) Many people are willing to give all they have to achieve success in their careers. Still, I believe it is very important to focus on social life and relationships. As Samuel mentioned, you might think of getting a pet or a hobby that might be both beneficial and entertaining to you (i.e. Gym). In addition, you might be able to develop friendship with your colleagues at work since they are the ones you see the most during the day.

All the best and welcome again =)

Hi Peter,

It's nice to hear that you have so many great things going for you in your life. Some day I hope to have a career and nice tidy cupbords! Haha. Even just my own cupbords would be sweet-even if theyre a mess (which they will be most likely).

And you're not desperate, you've just realized that somethings amiss in you're life and you're ready to look for it. Seems like you know what you want, and so I wish you luck on your search.

Like you said, and as this board proves, there are plenty of other lonely people out there who would be happy to try your tasty cooking with you...

...and I happen to know that women LOVE men who cook! Surely every woman on this board would attest to that.

Plus, you've got that carrer you worked so hard for...that's gold in your pocket...

Again good luck, welcome, and Ill talk to you later.

hehe =-- thank you so much david and I hope you get some cupboards soon. Lets chat again - I like your soh!

FearEmptinessDespair said:
Hi Peter,

It's nice to hear that you have so many great things going for you in your life. Some day I hope to have a career and nice tidy cupbords! Haha. Even just my own cupbords would be sweet-even if theyre a mess (which they will be most likely).

And you're not desperate, you've just realized that somethings amiss in you're life and you're ready to look for it. Seems like you know what you want, and so I wish you luck on your search.

Like you said, and as this board proves, there are plenty of other lonely people out there who would be happy to try your tasty cooking with you...

...and I happen to know that women LOVE men who cook! Surely every woman on this board would attest to that.

Plus, you've got that carrer you worked so hard for...that's gold in your pocket...

Again good luck, welcome, and Ill talk to you later.

Hi Peter, welcome. I love cooking as well and like you hate the part about eating it alone. I wish one day we have some nice soul besides us, giving out cos we burned the roast potatoes again. :p

Hi Peter. No, I do not think you are a loser. You found this site because you were searching for an outlet. And guess what - you found it and you aren't alone in your feelings.

Eating alone is horrible - I know. To me, it almost feels like a waste to cook because there's no one to share it with. On the flip side, I don't have to ask anyone "what do you feel like eating tonight?" like I used to. I just make whatever I want.

I concur, women sure do love men who are able to cook!

You are so far away from being a loser. Trust me. I've had my fair share of dealing with some true losers living in this world. You are the total opposite.

Take care :)

Latest posts

Back