Am I worrying too much?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dear-_-Tragedy

Reaction score
My brother (well step brother) came over today and he always tells me these stories of these girls he has had sex with. He is 16 and has had more girls than me in the bedroom he has a much better social life than me too. I have only had sex with two girls and one I was too drunk and the other was a relationship that I screwed up.

I just wish I was better with girls you know? And I know i'm only 20 and some people haven't even had sex and now I feel like an idiot for typing all this. I just want to make the most of my young life while I still can.

Am I worrying too much?

Don't bother your mind with that. What's the reason to worry about? Having sex with as many as possible doesn't add any feathers in your cap.

I want to say, yes, you are worrying too much. But that won't help. First of all, your 16 year old brother may be exaggerating. And even if he isn't, comparing yourself to him won't make you feel better. You are right, at 20 you have had more sex than many people.

What you need to do is realize that a relationship CAN add to your life, it won't make everything better. And I think most women want to be liked for themselves, to be seen individually by their mate, not just as the person to fulfill your need.

I guess I'm saying if you feel you aren't getting the attention you want fom the opposite sex, you need to start making yourself into the type of person they want. I don't mean changing who you are at the heart of the matter, but just becoming the best possible you that you can be. If you want an in shape, attractive partner, well, people mate with their social/physical equals (in most cases) so start working out and cultivating more attractive grooming habits. Want someone who is intelligent and independent, well, I bet they want someone smart, who isn't needy.

I'm not saying you personally are unattractive or not smart or whatever, I'm just saying so oftenwe complain that everyone we like doesn't like us back, when if we were honest we would realize that maybe we are shooting too high.

It's brutal but true.

I think you should relax. Yes it is lonely now, but since you have had sex, I bet you will again. And if it is a relationship you want, start preparing yourself so you are ready when one comes.

You are right. I just need to be patient and build a better person of myself then maybe someday girls will be more interested in me :)

I am just not very patient I suppose :/ I feel like I am wasting all of my time being miserable about myself when I could be out there having fun with someone I love.

Oh patience is difficult. I want what I want when I want it. Lol. But when you are in a situation like yours, and I've been in a similar, lonely situation, it is hard to not get discouraged. It is easy for us to say work on yourself, and it is the right thing to do, I just hope you find comfort with friends, and with us here.

I love this forum. People here are great.

Yes, you are worrying too much, my friend. Chill out, enjoy life. With your new job and all those pretty new friends you're making. One thing at a time, so you won't likely mess things up. :)

Dear-_-Tragedy said:
My brother (well step brother) came over today and he always tells me these stories of these girls he has had sex with. He is 16 and has had more girls than me in the bedroom he has a much better social life than me too. I have only had sex with two girls and one I was too drunk and the other was a relationship that I screwed up.

I just wish I was better with girls you know? And I know i'm only 20 and some people haven't even had sex and now I feel like an idiot for typing all this. I just want to make the most of my young life while I still can.

Am I worrying too much?

most blokes bullshit about how much sex they are getting !

Latest posts

Back