An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

I'm 27 female, live around London.
I'm not much of a writer as it's hard to get my thoughts in line but reading all the supportive messages and advice on issues that closely resemble mine in this forum helps me get through some tough days and emotional turmoils.

I'm glad I found a place such as this. :)
Welcome :)

This is just a suggestion, but it is a thing I know many people would appreciate:

Fill in your profile data, in particular it would be very nice if you could specify:
  • your location
  • sex
  • birthday (thus age).

This will help people getting a better idea of who you are, and what timezone you are in (thus it becomes easier to anticipate when someone might come online).

Dont worry about your privacy, this information will not be used by alonelylife.com for any other purpose but showing in your profile .

I will repeat though:
This was just a suggestions and an encouragement, you are NOT forced to fill in your profile data.
Hello everyone, I have nothing much to say now. but hoping to get to know people here and feel less lonely. I am 36 years old female from New York. Hope my little intro doesnt sound so cliché.

Hey! It's probably not the best place and way asking private questions but I can only hope you don't mind. Does your girlfriend know about your anxiety, depression and loneliness? Do you think there is anything she or your family could do to help?
Not at all! Thank you for your inquiring. Yes, she does know, as well as my family.

It’s weird because independently of their support, battling these issues is a lonely endeavor at the end of the day. I believe loneliness is a symptom of anxiety and depression. These issues are only mine, and though I appreciate their efforts and company, it’s a battle I have to face for myself.

For example, my biggest fears and the source of my anxiety/depression is that I always feel like I’m running out of time. Despite my age, I have recurring nightmares about arriving late to some appointment or a place I got to be, and/or letting someone down for that matter. I wonder how could my loved ones help me except for listening to me and bearing with me.

People do help and comfort me, but then I feel selfish for letting my problems become theirs. I end up feeling like a weight, which only fosters my insecurities and the desire to keeping these issues to myself. It becomes a loop of some sort… hence the loneliness.

Hello. I'm 19, female from Maryland. First time ever joining a forum.

I spend most of my free time playing games and listening to music. I also like to read and learn about ethics and philosophy and watch anime every now and then. I like puns and dad jokes.

I don't have any social media and have no friends. I like to listen to the stories of people's lives but struggle to talk about myself. I secretly enjoy dancing and singing.

I don't really know how to talk to people or at least hold a conversation but i've been trying to teach myself by watching others. I wanna try making friends.

Hi! I used to be a member. I'm back. The last year or two were pretty awful and overwhelming. Whatever I managed to overcome in the past seems catching up with me again. I think I need time and some peaceful and quiet space to recover, find strength, direction and myself.

I feel that. Dealing with similar stuff myself. Welcome back aboard.

And thanks for all the "likes" you've given me lately! :)

This is just a suggestion, but it is a thing I know many people would appreciate:

Fill in your profile data, in particular it would be very nice if you could specify:
  • your location
  • sex
  • birthday (thus age).

This will help people getting a better idea of who you are, and what timezone you are in (thus it becomes easier to anticipate when someone might come online).

Dont worry about your privacy, this information will not be used by alonelylife.com for any other purpose but showing in your profile .

I will repeat though:
This was just a suggestions and an encouragement, you are NOT forced to fill in your profile data.
I would like to have my profile deleted, please.

Hello! I'm 46 yo woman from Bulgaria.
I discovered this forum by accident, but that's exactly what I needed - a place to write and read from people who are in my or similar to mine state of loneliness, isolation and unwillingness to communicate with the outside world.
I have no marriage, no children, I have a good job, a few friends, a brother and my parents - in general, this is my whole social circle. What I am trying to do is read, discover and work on my inner problems, insecurity, low self-esteem, fear of abandonment, etc. I have already read a lot of posts here and I can say that I'm really glad that I found this forum.

Hello! I'm 46 yo woman from Bulgaria.
I discovered this forum by accident, but that's exactly what I needed - a place to write and read from people who are in my or similar to mine state of loneliness, isolation and unwillingness to communicate with the outside world.
I have no marriage, no children, I have a good job, a few friends, a brother and my parents - in general, this is my whole social circle. What I am trying to do is read, discover and work on my inner problems, insecurity, low self-esteem, fear of abandonment, etc. I have already read a lot of posts here and I can say that I'm really glad that I found this forum.

Welcome to ALL :)

Latest posts

Back