An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
criminalhaysoos said:
Fill in your profile data, in particular it would be very nice if you could specify:

* your location
* sex
* birthday (thus age).

Albany, NY, USA
female

Hi criminalhaysoos, and welcome to ALL :)

Ok, so here goes. I have pretty much given up on my life. I have secluded myself for the last two yrs. My girlfriend overdosed and passed away 2 yrs ago and i went on a downward spiral. I was or am a heroin addict. I have not done any drugs in about 6 months and figured it may be time to try and live a fairly normal life. I am depressed, I have not really left my apartment much over the past two years. I have a descent job and make a good living, but even there I do not really talk to anyone. I kind of just go through the motions of life and am thinking I do not want to die this way. So this is a start i guess

Welcome all of you.

If you feel like making an introduction thread in this area, probably more people will notice.

goneNforgotten22; wow, that's tough man, real tough. Even though I don't know you, it's great to hear you've been able to recover from that situation and you are eager to begin a new life. I sincerely wish you ALL the best, take care buddy, I wish you success and happiness in everything you do. If you ever need to open up, these are great forums; please feel free to tell us about your feelings - you will sure be listened to. Welcome here.

Welcome to those people who introduced yourselves here, instead of making new threads! Sorry for the delay- I normally don't think to look here!

I am new here and I just read the 'warning' regarding dark thoughts and suicidal intentions. I get that. But I am curious as to whether or not we can express our thoughts about suicide as part of a thought process....like religion or anything else that people express. I mean, why is it such a taboo subject? What, exactly, are people afraid of? Since we DON'T have life's answers, we do not know for certain (unless of course, one thinks they knew everything) that it is a 'sin' or whatever makes it taboo here and everywhere else. I like having intellectual conversations, be they happen verbally or in writing. Will I be banned for asking questions?

I am serious about these questions, I'm not trying to cause problems. I want a safe place to look under rocks...you know?

yah im new hir... any1 hu can help me update my profile?
looking for good buddies whom i can chat with.....

dbsherri said:
.... But I am curious as to whether or not we can express our thoughts about suicide as part of a thought process....like religion or anything else that people express. I mean, why is it such a taboo subject? ...

We have had problems here with a very few people threatening violence to themselves and in one case to others around them. Nothing positive has ever come from any of that. There are resources listed for those that may benefit from them. That is the reason for what you have read.

Yes suicide can be mentioned. There are even a few thread on the topic. What we don't need is rants about going out and harming people or suicidal rants used as a substitute for the valid suicide resources that are listed.

Welcome.

sadgurl said:
yah im new hir... any1 hu can help me update my profile?
looking for good buddies whom i can chat with.....

Welcome.

Towards the top of the screen you should see "User CP"

Click on that and you can update your profile.

Hi
I just registered and wanted to say hello. I see I am older than most of the posters, but I hope that I will be able to connect and find someone to talk with. I do not go out and have very little contact with anyone anymore, so this is a really nice thing to have access to. I live in North Carolina USA and I am 55 yrs. old.
Thank you.
Peace, Love, Light

Latest posts

Back