An odd introduction

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

flaneur

I've already commented a bit so this introduction seems rather tardy, but I wanted to make sure I was going to commit to these forums before making an introduction post. Anyway, I'm new here and totally awesome.

I live in Brooklyn, New York. Literature and art-house cinema do a good job of filling in the voids created by my recent existential crisis. I also enjoy drawing, philosophy, psychology, popular science, history, museum-going, activism and tea. I can get kind of Marxist sometimes, 'cause I'm totally hip and postmodern.

I have the urge to type out my life story, but I promised myself I'd make my introduction terse. Simply put, I feel unappreciated by my friends--friends who, thanks to Facebook and texting, make very little time or effort these days. I'd like to make new friends, but every time I'm approached I get anxious and push people away. Like most people here, I needed a social outlet. I'd love to get to know some of you, so feel free to drop a message!

Meh you only have 10 posts so far so you're not that tardy yet. :D Welcome to the forums.

Technology today is sucking the life out of real human contact and social interaction.

Welcome to the forum. You seem really not pretentious which is always nice :)

Welcome, glad you are here!

flaneur said:
I've already commented a bit so this introduction seems rather tardy, but I wanted to make sure I was going to commit to these forums before making an introduction post. Anyway, I'm new here and totally awesome.

I live in Brooklyn, New York. Literature and art-house cinema do a good job of filling in the voids created by my recent existential crisis. I also enjoy drawing, philosophy, psychology, popular science, history, museum-going, activism and tea. I can get kind of Marxist sometimes, 'cause I'm totally hip and postmodern.

I have the urge to type out my life story, but I promised myself I'd make my introduction terse. Simply put, I feel unappreciated by my friends--friends who, thanks to Facebook and texting, make very little time or effort these days. I'd like to make new friends, but every time I'm approached I get anxious and push people away. Like most people here, I needed a social outlet. I'd love to get to know some of you, so feel free to drop a message!

bump1.jpg

Bob Arctor said:
Welcome to the forum. You seem really not pretentious which is always nice :)

Crs.png

Latest posts

Back