Another cursed winter

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answers to winter doldrums are: Snowboarding, hot cocoa, fuzzy mittens, presents, lights, pudgy dudes in red velvet and fireplaces! Did I mention, snowboarding? It hurts to learn but on a slop you FLYYYYY!

I like the winter because it's COLD. I don't have a high tolerance for heat and humidity.
Still, winter these days just makes me tired and depressed. We don't get fall anymore and we don't even get snow. Just ice. Snowballs aren't soft and fluffy. They just put holes in people's windows. It's one thing to not have a lover to be with, but it's a complete other thing to have no one to be with. Even complaining about your love life with friends is better than listening to your family complain about their aching bones throughout (and past) the flu season.
Then, sooner or later, when I feel that my joints are frozen solid, I finally come out of hibernation mid-winter and go to a coffee house somewhere in the city. I have to force myself to ignore the fact that I can make perfectly good coffee at home. The journey is terrible. Just walking from the bus stop to the building is murder as the air nips relentlessly at my calves. And heaven forbid there's wind. Wind plus cold is terrible. Then I finally get to a starbucks or something and realize that everyone there is just as miserable as I am. Can't even see anyone's face anymore, now that we all have to bundle up with what looks like five or ten layers of t-shirts, sweaters, and coats.
When I was a kid, I loved winter. That was back when I didn't realize that there is dirt underneath all that pretty white ice. These days, it's pretty hard to see the light in anything without seeing the crud.

I think you're not the only one who feels sad and lonely during winter...it is rather a dull season, everything is grey and cold, the lack of sunlight makes you feel tired and you're just unmotivated to come out of bed and face the cold >__<

.....odly it's my fav season lmao but I'm weird....err..anyways

Maybe you can try and make small changes so you can make winter more easy and enjoyable to go through.

I like taking walks, you can take them in the morning while the sun is still up and get some of that sunshine lol.

Chocolate makes us feel good right :D ? how about some nice hot coco and you can lit up that fire and watch some movies all cozy in ur sofa with blankets and cute pyjamas and...err...well..usually works for me XD

You can also exercise at home, physical actvity is important...I tend to play with my wiifit for an hour or 2 and it's a nice way to warm up ^^

And heck, if its winter and cold and utterly depressing outside, then just stay indoors and do indoor activities ..you can even embark in fun projects and make some handmade gifts to give for x-mas ^^ and try to take small steps into going outside, if you feel lonely and ur single well make it so it isn't so ;)

I wonder if my fireplace works :p
I think I still have How The Grinch Stole Christmas around here. The Carrey version, not the original.
I watch it because I love the dog xD
Has anyone almost been convinced to buy a Snuggie? I swear I almost went out to get one a couple of weeks ago, lol.

Latest posts

Back