Another Lonely Day...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BrokenDreams

Well, tomorrow I have a day off from school. Sounds great, right? Well, the sleeping in late and not doing work part is nice, but whenever I'm off school I always miss my friends.

So instead of spending the whole day feeling sorry for myself I decide to try and find some friends to get together with. Well, that didn't work out. All the friends I asked on msn were busy with other things or projects. So I decided to phone some friends. Thats when I found out I have the fear of calling people on the phone. Odd, isn't it. I can't call them since I think that they would get mad at me and hang up on me or I'd call someone and end up having the wrong number, and that person would start yelling at me. I'm extremely afraid of someone yelling at me, I just can't take this.

I also hate answering the phone, telemarketers scare me...

I'm wondering if I'm the only crazy person on this forum who can't phone anyone. I'm also hoping that somehow one of my friends will end up being able to get together with me. Or else I'll just be stuck on here all day.

hehe, yeah I hate the phone as well. Anything from calling my mother to calling a store asking about opening times, I always feel so uncomfortable. I have no problem talking face to face with people, but on the phone I can't seem to find the right words I'm looking for. I guess some people have it easier, like those who can sit on the subway and yell into their cellphone with 20-30 other people sitting near and carefully listening to every word ^^

Phone shmone... The ole' tele is so over rated. You always gotta worry about dropping it in the toilet while you are trying to talk and take care of business at the same time - or if you are driving you have to worry about wrecking your car. Tee hee hee.

Ok, so I'm not crazy for having phone-phobia.

My phone conversations are usually pretty boring and short. I'll say words like so... and stuff like that since I'm pretty boring on the phone. In person, I'm usually a little more chatty (well, if I'm around friends).

I have no clue how people can talk on cell phones in so much noise. I have trouble hearing whoever I talk to on a cell phone when I'm alone and its quiet.

Thanks Wendi. I guess sitting on the computer all day is still better than doing schoolwork or math. (Which I loathe.) If anyone wants to, PM me. I'd love to chat, it might help with all this boredom.

i actually feel a lot more comfortable about talking on the phone then talking face to face, when i'm face to face i want to say so much and do so many things that i get so...how can i say, uncomfortable with the persons face that i can't talk or move, but when i'm talking on my phone it better i can say what ever i want and i don't have to see the persons reaction from the very beggining...don't know why but on my phone i can talk for hours....if i have smb to talk to which i don't so usually when i'm lonely at home and want to phone smb, i just don't have who to call because i don't have anybody to call and know for sure he'll listen usually they just say they have smth else to do and go away, not wanting to talk to me!

Latest posts

Back