Another lonely person.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
iateallthepies said:
Hi, Agusto. Sorry, I have not answered but I failed to pay my internet bill and was offline for a week. I am mainly into Victorian eara and I am a huge Jack the ripper armchair detective. I love delving into the past and seeing how these people survived. It was not easy. I am sorry I did not answer promptly.

It's ok, don't worry! Interesting choice of reading, I can't say I'm familiar with Victorian-style literature (more into Victorian society in general, rather interesting topic). Maybe you could recommend some reading?) 

And by the way, how are you now? You say you don't go out - do you want it sometimes still?

I would recommend Jack Londons book, "People of the abyss" It is about poverty and how people lived in East London. Very harrowing read not for the weak stomach. It highlights some shocking truths and it is a real eye opener.

iateallthepies said:
@Bubblstream. My flat is quite small but quiet. I live on the top floor an ex-sheltered housing complex in Manchester. Ben here for three years and I love it. Where about's in England did you live?

I was on the pokey Isle of Wight growing up then we moved to Kent later on. That's where my family has remained since, while I moved abroad to marry. I'm glad you're content where you live.

Speaking of history, I recently found this cheerful little youtube channel about historical (usually 18th century) cooking. I'm not even a history buff as such, but it was in my recommended and it intrigued me nonetheless, so thought I'd throw it out there. 
smile.gif

I have never felt better Augusto. I enjoy my isolation and I shun people of all ages. No, I Do not want to go out and I have no need to go out. There are months when I don't open my curtains. I get everything I need delivered.

Christmas morning and sitting having a cup of tea and a bacon sandwich. I am about to watch my Red Dwarf Season 1 D.V.D and have a pizza for my lunch so, I shall bid you all a very merry Christmas.

Daily diary.
Been up all night watching youtube movies. Stunned and shocked at the passing of Rick Parfit and George Michael. Two of Britain's finest. I had: "Sausage; egg, beans, and fried slice for breakfast and a cup of coffee. Thinking of starting another build. USS Enterprise revell 1:600 scale. Going to try and buy some smart bulbs for my flat. Had a bath and brushed my teeth even though I won't be going out or meeting anyone. Hope your day will go better than mine.

Been reading Leslie 345 banned post and was wondering why it is not deleted? I recognize I am a sad and pathetic loser and her post has hit a nerve with me. Maybe I need to see my G.P. I don't know how to move myself on.

iateallthepies said:
Been reading Leslie 345 banned post and was wondering why it is not deleted? I recognize I am a sad and pathetic loser and her post has hit a nerve with me. Maybe I need to see my G.P.  I don't know how to move myself on.

I wouldn't take the word of someone like that. Please know that you are worth more than the words of some random asshat on the internet.

iateallthepies said:
Been reading Leslie 345 banned post and was wondering why it is not deleted? I recognize I am a sad and pathetic loser and her post has hit a nerve with me. Maybe I need to see my G.P.  I don't know how to move myself on.

Don't let her psych ward ravings get to you.  She's demonstrating how disturbed she is.  Follow your own path and move yourself to where you wish to go.

iateallthepies said:

Dude that kind of stupid rant stuff is just normal "Internet Grass" it needs a good mowing now and again ;) Don't pay it any mind. 

Your not sad or pathetic and a bit of inexperience doesn't make you so. Grab your life by the grapes and make it whatever you want it to be, however you want it to be, it's never too late and it's always a wild ride.

I appreciate that, guys. It sort of hit a nerve. Looking at how my life has deteriorated since the mugging 3 years ago, I struggle to find anything positive. 3 Years ago I was in a well-paid job had friends and a social life. Living in Manchester I had a choice of nightclubs and endless gigs I went to. Now, I am a hermit with nothing. Posts like that although cruel can be a wake-up call.

A wake-up call, wherever it comes from, can be a helpful thing. Maybe you're ready to start putting the mugging behind you....it sounds like a pretty good lifestyle before that. Did you not say that you were also a published writer? It's time to become yourself again.

Yes, I had two papers published on Jack the ripper and I was writing an Essay on Elizabeth Stride.
I want to prove that she was NOT a Ripper victim but I have not been able to move on from the mugging.
I felt so ashamed that I just lay there and let the kick into me. I ended up in Hospital with a broken color bone and two broken ribs. The physical scars have healed but not the emotional ones.

Latest posts

Back