Another Loner

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bass

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Well a little bit about me then. I'm 25 years old living in London and working as a manager in the construction industry. I've been generally on my own for a while now but it has only been recently that I've finally come to terms with the fact that I am indeed lonely.

One of the main reasons why I am alone is probably because I haven't (and still refuse to) adapt to the more modern lifestyle of clubbing, drinking and behaving like an animal. I'm also generally not too comfortable in large social gatherings which has a bonus hit at my ability to make new friends in city like London.

I guess that's all for now. Hopefully I'll get to meet some nice people in here.

Cheerios!

Hi, I feel a bit lonely and the need to talk which has not been easy for me to do. I was looking for a place so here i am.

Being an party, pub, clubbing, drinkin' animal is not the only way out. I probably have a drink 10 days of the year, the rest I am sober, and that's usually 2 beers max for they day that I do drink.

I have friends, which I go out with and have a great time, no alcohol needed! You do not need to consume alcohol to have fun.

There are thousands of other activities you could do, to be more sociable. You can do anything if you put your mind to it. The above is not the only option you have!

Welcome to the forum

Hey welcome to the forums! I'm in London at the mo for uni. The students just typical students. Blah!!! I thought that I might meet someone that would like to make films or music or computer programs or a piece of art or something. Someone who doesn't have a clue in any of these fields, but would still like to do something with me. I haven't met that person yet :O

Lonely or loner ? is it the same thing..no i dont think so..im loner..but im not lonely :) nice meeting you anyway

Hey, nice to meet you bass. I've had the same dilema that you're having, I never was into clubbing and I really don't drink much any more. I'm not one who likes to get crazy either, unless it is with good friends and all in good fun, where you don't have to worry about getting into trouble.
Social gatherings where I don't know anyone tend to hold me back as well, and that seems to be common among many people.
I'm always open to talk so feel free to message me any time.

Hey bass, I'm not much into clubbing either - although I was when I was younger. Then again, now that I looked back, I did it simply to 'fit in' with the rest of the crowd which was pretty stupid of me :p

You don't have to lead a life of clubbing and drinking. There's so much more to that, you just gotta find something you're into :) I hope you find what you're looking for and welcome to the forum ^_^

i love clubbing not only for the extremely loud music and getting drunk but also to enjoy the hilarious act of the bitches lol, anyways i have always found traveling with my buddies to exciting places very refreshing and you can meet lot of interesting people on the way. Maybe you should go for a would tour, i've always wanted to to do that.:)

Latest posts

Back