another new person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first time posting on a message board ever. I'm not sure how I found this place, but I've been described as shy and quiet for most of my llfe and have low self-esteem mostly because of it. As a result, I haven't had friends or even aquaintances for a very long time. I'll probably go more into detail about my problems in other threads, but right now I just wanted to introduce myself.

Hi, welcome and relax. You'll friend friendly people who can relate!

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you can learn some things and also find people you can call friends here. May I ask you some questions? You don't have to answer any of them if you don't want to.

What kind of music do you like?
Films?
What part of the world are you from?
How old are you?
What is your favourite food?
Have you seen this dog?

HaveYouSeenThisDog-17442.jpg

Helllo,

Welcome to the forum, don't mind painter's radio; he's a little impatient:p

See you around!

Warmest greetings to you, i hope you'll find what you're looking for on here.

Don't worry about making mistakes, since it's your first board, this was my first as well, it'll be okay. Also, plenty of nice people on here, don't be afraid to be judged.

If you ever want to talk to someone to vent or scream, or just talk, then feel free to message me, i'm always willing to listen and do my best to help where i can.

Enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the site weirdquietgirl. I am very quiet and shy too so understand well the nervousness of posting on a forum the first time. I hope this place will help you to learn to come out of your shell.

If you ever would be willing to try the chat here, we would be glad to see you there

Welcome to the forum. I hope you like it here and can make some good friends. Don't be afraid to reach out, we try to be supportive!

Welcome! :)

Don't worry I'm pretty shy myself. This place will help you in the long run! :D
It's helped me when I was at my worst.

Lmao painter's radio - that made me laugh.

Hi there weirdquietgirl - welcome to the forum. You should know that I find weird people cool cos I am one too, so welcome to the club!

Thank you all for being so welcoming. I usually read message boards and blogs, but never post because I either don't have anything to say or I'm afraid of being attacked. I think I'll stick around here because I need to change and I feel like most people don't really understand what being shy is like.

The reason I decided to post is that I'm 26, unemployed, and I live with my parents. Since I didn't really have friends since I was in elementary school, I feel like I've missed out on life. The only person I hang out is my mom, so I don't really act like someone my age and do the typical things a woman in her 20s does. I'm really embarassed of myself and have a hard time getting close to people because I don't want them to know me.

The reason I decided to post is that I'm 26, unemployed, and I live with my parents. Since I didn't really have friends since I was in elementary school, I feel like I've missed out on life. The only person I hang out is my mom, so I don't really act like someone my age and do the typical things a woman in her 20s does. I'm really embarassed of myself and have a hard time getting close to people because I don't want them to know me.

Yes being unemployed can be tough, especially if you're in the UK! And I know what you mean about living with relatives as well. This whole situation can be hard, but there's plenty of peeps to talk to on here, don't be afraid to post!

See you around!

So, have you seen that dog? :p

I am glad you will stick around. I know what it's like to be shy in real life, that's why I came to the internet years ago and decided to live on here instead. I had never traveled the world or really met people from outside my comfort zones, and spending a lot of time online enabled me to speak with people from all over, and learn things. It's not really good advice to say "leave real life, live online", but in my case it opened my eyes a bit, and made me realise there are people out there who will accept you, and appreciate you for who you are. Once you've realised this, you can start applying the confidence you've gained to your real life. Well that's what I did anyway. You just have to let people in :)

painter said:
made me realise there are people out there who will accept you, and appreciate you for who you are. Once you've realised this, you can start applying the confidence you've gained to your real life. Well that's what I did anyway. You just have to let people in :)

Yes, my sentiments exactly with what painter's said.

Do stick around, weirdquietgirl. There are quite a number of members here who I'm sure can relate to shyness, and I'm one of them, believe it or not. But with years of putting myself out there and just pushing myself to be more confident.. I think I've overcome like 3/4 of shyness. Now, I'm shy but not always shy lol. It seems to come out at certain times. :p

Hello and welcome! Your situation sounds like how mine was for a very long time. I still suffer from low self esteem and probably always will. I have gotten better at face to face discussions, although in some cases if I find the person intimidating, eye contact is tough.

Hey there, welcome!

I am also unemployed and live with my mom, my sister, and her five kids. I am 30 and currently in college...I have been in college for the past 10 years, but struggled to find a major that I liked well enough. I'm still not sure about this one, but I'm almost done with it, so hopefully I picked the right one.

It is never too late to make friends. I've recently discovered that a lot of my friends that I had in high school turned into fareweather friends. One in particular made me upset, but I'm kind of thankful that he showed his true colors. Aside from that, I've made one good friend in the past three years, who has turned out to be a really great friend.

Anyway, just wanted to try to make you feel better. It's never too late to turn your life around. I'll be your friend, if you need one. :)

Hey, welcome.
You know what, Weirdquietgirl? You honestly don't sound like a weird person.

I'm roughly the same age and in the same position as you. So I do understand how your feeling. You aren't alone by any means. This is a group of nice people who are accepting and kind. I hope that you feel safe and comfortable spending time here and talking.

weirdquietgirl said:

Your like the female version of me.

LeaningIntoTheMuse said:
Hey there, welcome!

I am also unemployed and live with my mom, my sister, and her five kids. I am 30 and currently in college...I have been in college for the past 10 years, but struggled to find a major that I liked well enough. I'm still not sure about this one, but I'm almost done with it, so hopefully I picked the right one.

It is never too late to make friends. I've recently discovered that a lot of my friends that I had in high school turned into fareweather friends. One in particular made me upset, but I'm kind of thankful that he showed his true colors. Aside from that, I've made one good friend in the past three years, who has turned out to be a really great friend.

Anyway, just wanted to try to make you feel better. It's never too late to turn your life around. I'll be your friend, if you need one. :)

I also had a very hard time picking out a major in college too. I felt like I had to finish my bachelor's in 4 years, so I picked my major (psychology) kind of randomly. I thought I would figure things out once I was out of college, but I became even more lost.

I like to think that it's never too late to make friends (or do anything you want), but I think taking the first steps are always the hardest for me. I've just been kind of embarassed because I missed out on a lot of things and my current situation. There are a lot of things I want to change about myself and in my life, but I get so overwhelmed and just shut down.

Thank you, you and everyone who's responded has made me feel a little bit better about my situation.

defenestrate said:
Hey, welcome.
You know what, Weirdquietgirl? You honestly don't sound like a weird person.

I'm roughly the same age and in the same position as you. So I do understand how your feeling. You aren't alone by any means. This is a group of nice people who are accepting and kind. I hope that you feel safe and comfortable spending time here and talking.

I guess I don't seem that weird to some people, it's just my perception of myself as well as not being able to come up with a username.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who is in this situation. I hope being here will help me and I hope I can help anyone on here.

Moe said:
weirdquietgirl said:

Your like the female version of me.

Glad I'm not so alone. I'm learing that it's not as uncommon as I thought, it's just not something people openly share about themselve in real life.

Latest posts

Back