Any ANIME/MANGA

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mioroa

Reaction score
I'm runnin' out of things to watch/read. I've already watch/read:
-Bleach
-Soul Eater
-Loveless
-Code Geass
-07 Ghost
-Shaman King
-Karakuridoji Ultimo
-D.Gray Man
-FullMetal Alchemist
-InuYasha
-Kuroshitsuji
-others I can't be bothered to remember.
Any Recemendations?? Im looost!! D:

Mioroa said:
I'm runnin' out of things to watch/read. I've already watch/read:
-Bleach
-Soul Eater
-Loveless
-Code Geass
-07 Ghost
-Shaman King
-Karakuridoji Ultimo
-D.Gray Man
-FullMetal Alchemist
-InuYasha
-Kuroshitsuji
-others I can't be bothered to remember.
Any Recemendations?? Im looost!! D:

OMG AN ANIME THREAD OM NOM NOM NOM NOM!!!
:D

Should try the Dragon Ball series, it's an old classic, it goes Dragonball, Dragonball Z and then Dragonball GT, i think Z is the best then GT.

Should try Naruto and Naruto Shippuden, very good storyline and characters, very epic.

Did you watch the second series of Code Geass? Code Geass R2?

Same with Fullmetal Alchemist, there's Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood though I don't know if it's Dubbed english yet.

WATCH DEATH NOTE!!! AMAZING ANIME!

All i can think of right now :p

Anime-
Xmen 2011( sexy anime remake)
Tiger and bunny (cg ala bubblegum, but interesting story)
Zombie no waru desu mashou shoju (something like that)
Deadman wonderland ( beyond amazing)
Ao no exorcist ( slow but worth it)
Samurai champloo ( not a fan of it)
Claymore (I dont like it)
Berserk ( last fully hand drawn anime ever)
Turin lagaan(I don't like robots, but omfg this is over the top and made me die laughing when they first "combined"
Level E( awesome ending, great idea)
Manga-
Ao no exorcist
Gamanara ( 1/4 of the way through, reminds me of karate and addicted to curry)
Defense devil ( great manga)
Deadman wonderland( watch the anime, it'll be the next big hit since deathnote)
Berserk ( amazing, gets stupid at the very very end)
Claymore
Karate something something (slow but builds up great)
Wolf guy, wolf brand, wolfen crest( werewolves, slow but worth it)

I take it that you usually watch the mainstream crap that's featured on tv. Google animeon and mangafox.

Pretty much I just spend all day at work reading manga that I think is interesting.
Yea I agree about naruto, I still like it very much but only subbed, if you don't watch deadman wonderland you should scoop your eyes out with a fork. Deathnote was okay the first time around. I never did like FMA,FMA brotherhood was better but not my cup of tea.

Oh...if you like zombies check out high school of the dead, zombie loan is crap, hellsing unlimited was good...hmmm if you'd like a good movie check out sword of the stranger, it's like a rated R Miyazaki film.

That list should keep you busy for a couple weeks to a month.

Definitely check out dream eater merry, do the anime first then if your curiosity gets the better of you check out the manga. Definitly one of my favorites at the moment.

Gosick- loli version of detective conan

Crap I can't remember much else at the time...

Edit: its called gamaran, too hard to edit with iPhone :(

Berserk is also getting it's 2011 theatrical debut :D fresia yeaaaa, can't wait

There was a really good one that involved sorcerers in metal combat suits that used stored magic as ammunition but unfortunately I can't remember it's name.

Claymore is alright, though the anime would've been better had they not ended it like halfway through the story (IIRC).

Azumanga Daioh comes across as a girl's anime/manga (it's actually shonen) and as a 26 year old guy, it still makes me smile and laugh for how many times I've read/watched it.

Ghost in the Shell...the manga's kinda weird, but if you decide to watch the movie, do NOT watch it while drunk or on substances, because it will fresia up your perception of what it means to be human.

Serial Experiments Lain is one that probably only makes sense if you are on substances or drunk while watching it.

SenjiiDragon said:
Oh yeah! I recommend Miyazaki films as well. Princess Mononoke is one of my favorites!

i think princess mononoke is terrific. i loved the nature theme and the message of the film. have you also watched ponyo?

Ponyo was my favorite, so vivid and colorful.

Claymore was a berserk ripoff with a female protagonist

I suddenly remembered an excellent anime but by the time I read through the miyazaki comments I forgot.... o_O honeysuckle!!!!!

Will post when I remember ... -.-

Wow....I did not expect so many replies...Awesome!! Looks like I'm gonna be busy fer a while! Thanks Youz alz!! XD

-Level E, Ao no Exorcist, Azumanga Daioh, and a couple others! THANK YOU SLLL!!!!! XD :D :) :D XD XP

spaghettigirl said:
i think princess mononoke is terrific. i loved the nature theme and the message of the film. have you also watched ponyo?

Yeah, I've seen ponyo. Apparently I need to rewatch it. I remember it being just so so as far as Miyazaki films go. Yet, I've heard a bunch of people say it was one of their favorites. Luckily, it's on Netflix! I think I'll watch that tonight.

Ones that haven't been mentioned yet:

Full Metal Panic!
Chobits
Fate Stay Night
Elfen Lied
Outlaw Star
Rozen Maiden
Gungrave
Hajime No Ippo
Last Exile
Spice and Wolf
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Requiem for the Phantom
Vandread
Black Lagoon
Tenjho Tenge
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Natsume Yuujinchou

And those are just the gems I can rattle off the top of my head. PM me when you're done those and I'll dig deeper into the 100s over seen. :p

Limlim said:
Ones that haven't been mentioned yet:

Full Metal Panic!
Chobits
Fate Stay Night
Elfen Lied
Outlaw Star
Rozen Maiden
Gungrave
Hajime No Ippo
Last Exile
Spice and Wolf
Lunar Legend Tsukihime
Requiem for the Phantom
Vandread
Black Lagoon
Tenjho Tenge
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Natsume Yuujinchou

And those are just the gems I can rattle off the top of my head. PM me when you're done those and I'll dig deeper into the 100s over seen. :p

Ne ne, is "Chobits" good? I've heard of it alot, but never looked it up.

I love the Hell out of Neon Genesis: Evangelion. It was the first anime I was really into. I'd also recommend:

Baccano! (Non-linear story about a group of immortals in an alternate 1930'sesque Earth)
Darker Than Black (Really great story about people who have powers, but use them with repercussions. It goes deeper than that, but that's the gist)
Gurren Lagaan (The second season was a disappointment, but the first was very, very good)
Boogiepop Phantom (A psychological thriller, almost impossible to give a plot without giving it all away)
Gunslinger Girl (A truly amazing series about orphaned girls being used as assassins, definitely recommended)
Paranoia Agent (Another one where talking about it gives everything away, watch this immediately!!)

If I think of any more I'll post again.

Mioroa said:

It's one of my favourites! But it isn't for everyone as it isn't the action packed type of anime. It's more a look at what society would be like if computers that looked, walked and talked like people were the norm. The wrench thrown into the main characters story is that he ends up finding a computer girl in the garbage, and she ends up being completely different from all of the others. Crossing that line into being humanlike.

Naturally of course the main character is completely computer illiterate, which just adds to the fun. :)

The Elfen Lied manga really needs an English translation :(

Edit: No one's mentioned Paprika. Follows a similar vein to Inception and has some catchy music as well.

Limlim said:
Mioroa said:

It's one of my favourites! But it isn't for everyone as it isn't the action packed type of anime. It's more a look at what society would be like if computers that looked, walked and talked like people were the norm. The wrench thrown into the main characters story is that he ends up finding a computer girl in the garbage, and she ends up being completely different from all of the others. Crossing that line into being humanlike.

Naturally of course the main character is completely computer illiterate, which just adds to the fun. :)

Cool, sounds fun! : D

Latest posts

Back