Any ANIME/MANGA

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's weird, I just noticed you said "ne ne" when asking me earlier. I've seen that subtitled so many times that I didn't even notice anything odd about it. :p

Yea meloncholy was the one I was trying to remember!

Again I reiterate, deadman wonderland, face melting eyecandy.

Is it bad that I've seen everything in psychological, everything in slice of life, and everything in romance plus a good majority of the other categories? Except the space opera category, I've never seen any of that honeysuckle. I'm going to assume that "toki wo kakeru shoujo" = "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" and "Eve no Jikan" = "Time of Eve".

(edit -oh **** comedy too is 100%)

I guess it helps that that list seems to be a few years old from back when I watched a lot. I love that list btw. It's bringing back so many good memories. These shows are great.

Wow I've seen most of those. But a lot of them are pretty craptacular too. >.>

You guys make me feel like an anime N00B lol :(
I'm not too bothered though, I'm not so much of an anime buff, just watch some every now and again :)

Myo!!!! I never though there were this many Otakus here~!! : D Maaa! I'm so happy! There are, like, none where I am! ^^
Limlim, you are gonna see me say that a lot! X'D

Mio! Great idea! Long time fan but with limited stock, I haven't seen a variety. The list @Kataphractos gave I see some oldies I looooooved! ^_^

FLCL - action packed cuteness, awesome feel-good bitter-sweet lessons
Cowboy Bepop - I liked
Samurai Champloo - Yup!
Azumanga Daioh - No sorry, not for me XD
Gundam SEED - liked what I saw on cable
Spirited Away - Legendary (Also see Howl's Moving Castle)
Ghost in the Shell / STC - Legendary!
The Slayers - Lina Inverse! I had.. have the biggest crush on her! =^.^=

I'm busy with Naruto (again, ~e80) and then need to see Shippuden for the first time!

Also, who has seen Cat Soup? <3

AGREED, FURIKURI (flcl) is my all time fave

about halfway through with another tolerable manga called : ZETMAN

official ALW rating: 4.75/5, excellant art and it just made me shed a single tear at chapter 73 because I'm a sap

Lol
i saw elfen liedd

I'll try to arrange animes that i think is awesome

Spice and wolf - An anime of trading genre (and a lil' bit of romance) which take place Umm... long time ago.
plot is amazing and would recommend this to people. Main characters = A "young" trader and a wolf pagan god
2 season

Code Geass - I think most otaku have watch this before (in my biased opinion ;P). It's about strategy and surely it's Brilliant ;P
as the first post mentioned
2 season

Zero no tsukaima - good anime in which the theme is about a magical world but it's sort of give you
a different feel to it.
long anime.... 3 season

Hayate the combat butler - A anime with butler theme packed with humour and miscellaneous things
diff. from kuroshitsuji seriousness though
54 episodes...

Others include:
Love hina
Air
Clannad
Shaman kings
True tears
Etc

Too many too list, too little time =P
Limlim does list a lot of good animes that i've watched
Thumbs up!

may post again later after college, when i remember more
good stuff :D

O Gawd, anime. My old obsession. My favorites were always
Cowboy Bebop
Neon Geneis Evangelion
Yu Yu Hakusho
Trigun
Blue Gender
Inuyasha
Dragonball Z
All of Studio Ghibli's movies

episode 2 of ao no exorcist sealed the deal, I've got to watch this whole series through to the bitter end now, animation quality took a huge boost compared to the lackluster first episode but it's taking liberties from the manga.

almost done with 160 chapters of zetman, I still recommend it for jaded manga readers

ooh forgot to mention defense devil took a turn towards epic in the latest chapter, stuff's made of gold i tell ya

Been awhile since I posted on these boards, but Mioroa: I swear by the "Claymore" (Norihiro Yagi) series -- both anime AND manga (the latter of which is still ongoing, btw!). Fun, gritty, riveting dark medieval fantasy series.

Hee hee, I've even taken it upon myself to compose my own score for the anime (obsessed much? original ost SUCKS, imo). Ohhh, the wonders of 6.1 digital surround sound...and all vocals/misc. audio (other than music) being on the center channel, hehehehe! >:] It's a great series; the characters are rather relatable in many ways. ^___^

Countenance you would probably really like the berserk anime/manga then. The manga goes on so much farther and gets so much darker than the anime ends with.

Berserk anime project is confirmed that work is going smoothly, also 2 new chapters were released recently, up to chapter 320 now :)

Berserk...the last fully hand drawn anime. (claymore is like berserk's younger effeminate brother that occasionally cross dresses and squeals in delight when he see's designer handbags)

Did I ever mention gantz? It's by the same animation studio as bubblegum crisis so if you hate cg it might rub you wrong, excellent concept though.

The manga for gantz is great. I usually don't bother with the anime if the manga is already over 100 chapters. They always have crappy endings at the 24th episode and are a waste of time.

I hate that my favorite on-going mangas are all either monthly or bi-monthly now. Especially since all of the new stuff is complete crap.

My friend after a couple years of nagging finally convinced me to watch it, I reluctantly sat through it and finished it overnight then proceeded with reading the entire manga the next night. :p

Yeah, I guess I could say I've dabbled a bit in the area. Was sneakily introduced to the whole thing via Cowboy Bebop, a real gateway anime that one. :p Had watched some before that, of course, but it never really caught on with me.

After that, watched stuff like Monster, Pumpkin Scissors, Black Lagoon, Excel Saga, Welcome to NHK, some Tenchi Muyo and Ranma 1/2 (Got curious about these since I had seen constant stuff about these back as a kid) and of course, the usual Studio Ghibli and Satoshi Kon's stuff. I really loved the completely absurd humour and the more realistic art direction in Tokyo Godfathers, for example.

Then there's been Planetes, Toradora, Love Hina and Elfen Lied. I'm generally more drawn to darker, more realistic works and generally loathe most anime and manga, but there's the odd humorous series that manages to win me over. NHK was a perfect blend of both.

Don't really go for manga, at all. I get my comic fix from webcomics.

Latest posts

Back