Anyone else feel like a ghost on this forum.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrE1986

Reaction score
Ever feel like your posts are overlooked or just generally ignored?

I sometimes feel the same way but being relatively new, you just have to sort of brush it off. Like any forum, it generally takes a bit for people to get noticed and known enough to garner attention. You can make all the intelligent posts you want but a lot of the times it seems pretty random what topics people will take notice of.

Also the nature of this place doesn't help as people seem to come and go so often, it's sometimes hard to establish yourself without a good amount of patience. There will always be the long timers who are more comfortable with each other and will always notice their friends posts before yours. There will always be the handsome lad and the pretty girl who will catch the eye and attentions of others easily. This is just the way things are online, anywhere.

But don't lose heart. Stick around long enough and your name will become a familiar sight and people are more likely to pay attention. Probably...maybe...no guarantees!

Sometimes. But there are plenty who read posts and don't write anything for whatever reason.
I get on the web using my Kindle (ugh, hate it and hoping to get an Apple laptop soon!) so it's hard for me to post long responses.
That doesn't necessarily make you a ghost or non-existent.

-Teresa

Yep, it happens. If there were more members, maybe it wouldn't be a problem... Oh well, it is what it is.

Siertes said:
I sometimes feel the same way but being relatively new, you just have to sort of brush it off. Like any forum, it generally takes a bit for people to get noticed and known enough to garner attention. You can make all the intelligent posts you want but a lot of the times it seems pretty random what topics people will take notice of.

Also the nature of this place doesn't help as people seem to come and go so often, it's sometimes hard to establish yourself without a good amount of patience. There will always be the long timers who are more comfortable with each other and will always notice their friends posts before yours. There will always be the handsome lad and the pretty girl who will catch the eye and attentions of others easily. This is just the way things are online, anywhere.

But don't lose heart. Stick around long enough and your name will become a familiar sight and people are more likely to pay attention. Probably...maybe...no guarantees!

I agree; MrE is relatively new but if you stick around long enough, people will pay attention :)
But rest assured, people are still reading your posts whether it seems like it or not.

-Teresa

I know exactly how you are feeling, and I've been feeling the same way...However, Siertes summed it up perfectly and I can't really think of anything to add as he said it all! :)

I dunno, I've seen people reply to posts people in this thread have made so...don't know what to tell ya. Not sure what you are expecting.

I did for a long time when I was shy and kept to the games section in the forum. Then I met some nice people and took the plunge this year with an Xmas card exchange. I began to leave more responses to posts and I began to get more personal in my own -- and I was glad every time someone took the time to respond.

You are not a ghost. You just have to get comfortable and be brave to share.

Yes, I've felt this way..

I think forums in their nature are not the best for getting response to what you share. No one is entitled to get a response, that greater "freedom" has it's good and bad sides..

MrE1986 said:
Ever feel like your posts are overlooked or just generally ignored?

It can feel that way sometimes but then this is a forum of lonely people. It's not like we are natural socialites who are used to having other people listen to us. *laughs*

Thanks for the replies people, first chance lve to read them. I was feeling frustrated when I posted that. There's plenty of people on the site who are lonely and you would guess that they would appreciate any words of encouragement, but it feels like if you aren't popular enough your words fall on deaf ears. Needed a little rant to make me feel better, knowing there's others who feel the same makes me feel less alone.

Sometimes, but I don't really care anymore about what other people think of me.

Peaches said:
I feel like a ghost everywhere, so I guess it's not this forum

I notice you through your posts. You along with Locke are the ones I notice the most every time I visit the site. You're so kind and honest.

I guess I do feel it too but that's only because I haven't said much.

Nope.

I usually say something either stupid or inflammatory enough that it pushes people to notice me.

NOTICE ME.

NOTICE ME.

I dont really post to be noticed. I generally post either for the sake of having fun with fellow members, or trolling :D

I think a lot of the most active treads dont really emphatize the exchange of ideas, but rather work something like "come and write here something about you so the next person can do the same writting about himself something completly unrelated". You know, the treads "something you accomplished" "what are you doing/thinking/eating/feling" "how do you see yourself in the future" etc, but thats not the best way of sharing anything. If you write something there, unless you already know someone (or more people) in the forum that might be interested in you, you wont get any replies. It would be better if there where more treads like the ones you find in Diary, but in places where you could reply, whats the point of sharing something if you wont get any kind of response?
I mean, really, what is your weather right now? post in one word your current mood?

Latest posts

Back